Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Abbott

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Jeremy Abbott

Even if he doesn't come away with the olympic medal we all know he deserves, Jeremy is one of those skaters I truly look forward to watching and anticipate what he will do the next season. He is unmatched in artistry, understanding of the music, creativity in the men's field.

Thanks for starting this thread. It would be great if Jeremy could put it all together and keep his nerves in check for the Olympic Season.
    He has the talent to medal in Sochi. Re-using Muse as his LP is IMO a step in the right direction.

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot from me, too.
    And it's so nice to see your avatars back to back! Because you guys makes me believe that if Sasha fan and Michelle fan can discuss various matters on this GS Forum friendly and peacefully while paying some respect to each other, then a 'heavily-devoted' YuNa fan & Mao fan, or Patrick fan & Evgeni/Yuzu/Dai fan, or TessaScott fan & MerylCharlie fan will be able to do the same some day, and my wish is NOW, of course. Yes yes maybe I am a little too nervous as we are heading to the brutal Olympic season...

GOooooo JEREMY!!!

All the best to Jeremy! Defy the detractors . go go go!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Even if he doesn't come away with the olympic medal we all know he deserves, Jeremy is one of those skaters I truly look forward to watching and anticipate what he will do the next season. He is unmatched in artistry, understanding of the music, creativity in the men's field.
    This.

My favorite men's figure skater from the US ever.

I'm not sure if he's a throwback, and should have been skating in the 80's-90's, or he's ahead of his time and figure skating in the future will return to something creative and beautiful.

Either way, there's not another like him skating now.

It's a real shame there's no real show skating in the US anymore. I would love to see what he could do. Once Jeremy, Dai and Taka retire, I'm not sure men's skating will be worth watching (for me anyway)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I have less fears that I will hate men's skating than ladies after 2014. But I love Jason Brown and Takahiko Kozuka and like quite a few others

Custom Title
    Big Jeremy fan here. I appreciate everything he does on ice except the nerves. I am still hoping he will win a major title or medal soon. Nonetheless he is an artist and one of the best skaters ever.

Custom Title
    There's a Jeremy uber thread?

He is my favorite male skater ever and I love his artistry and programs If only he wasn't a headcase...

I wish there was a disipline of skating with no jumps/spins, just steps, MITF, artistry...

Happy 28th Birthday to Jeremy!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Happy 28th Birthday to Jeremy!

Belated H.B. to Abbott. [The actual date was June 5. ]

Here is a pre-Nationals/Olympics interview of Jeremy with Michelle Kwan. They compare experiences of having rocked the house at Nationals (Michelle in 1998, Jeremy in 2010), then felt pressure and bewilderment as to how to approach the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0P-J...ature=youtu.be

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Here is a pre-Nationals/Olympics interview of Jeremy with Michelle Kwan. They compare experiences of having rocked the house at Nationals (Michelle in 1998, Jeremy in 2010), then felt pressure and bewilderment as to how to approach the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0P-J...ature=youtu.be
    Jeremy validated what I hypothesized before. i.e. he, and likely other US skaters as well, had his goal set for the all important US Nationals just to make the Worlds/Olympic team that he was lost after the season's goal has been achieved. Similarly, World Champions usually do not perform well at post Worlds WTT while others motivated to redeem themselves excelled. Too bad also that he bought into the "headcase" label.

Believe in yourself, Jeremy. Truly believe.

CONGRATULATIONS TO JEREMY!!!! Simply the Best!

Artical on Jeremy by Michelle Kwan for Fox Sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...-tricks-011014

Nice article by the Kween. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast