Chan's 2013 Worlds LP (CBC Version) | Golden Skate

Chan's 2013 Worlds LP (CBC Version)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Does anyone know where a video of this is posted (either YouTube or elsewhere) I can not seem to find it, and I was interested in their take on Chan's free. Anyone have a copy, or has al ink to one already floating around on the internets? Thanks! :)

Can't we just say that Patrick did not skate well, after an auspicious start, and that consequently he finished 5 points behind the winner and 18 points behind his own personal best? On to next season! :yes:

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I never said anything about bashing anyone. I think I've made my opinion(s) re: Chan, IJS, etc. abundantly and crystal clear. However, I just wanted to see what Canadian broadcasters had to say about it for Canadian consumption. It's always interesting to look at the same program from many different viewpoints (Michelle's SP from the 02 Olympics is a prime example), as I find it helps me not only temper my opinion regarding skaters and programs and maybe gives insight into different aspects as different commentators will say things about different parts of the same program. Also, I do enjoy CBC commentary.

Edit: Redacted because of stupidity.

I thought the commentators were fair enough. They pointed out the good along with the bad.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm curious, did they change CBC commentators this year?

Because I remember watching CBC's version of Joshua Farris' LP at Junior Worlds last year, and it was disgusting, they chattered non-stop for four minutes about Lysacek, then Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan, Buttle, Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan...oh, he just finished, hi Josh. And that was literally it. No talking about his actual skating, or about him, or about the points he needed or anything. Just endless babble about Chan.

This year, though, the commentators were much more intelligent, actually talked about the skater skating, and what they were doing, and the overall Junior Worlds situation. They actually talked about JOSH during his long program! They did overlap a little Josh into Jason's program but at least it was a skater at the same event.

Antilles

Medalist
PJ Kwong was also doing their coverage for CBC Bold. I didn't watch the video, but if it's only one commentator, it was Kwong.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Can't we just say that Patrick did not skate well, after an auspicious start, and that consequently he finished 5 points behind the winner and 18 points behind his own personal best? On to next season! :yes:

Yup! I agree.

And zschultz I wasn't saying you were bashing... I just anticipated the usual suspects. ;)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan is a fantastic skater. He moves across the ice like no other person today...or arguably ever. His season was rough but he took risks in order to try and stay heads and shoulders above the rest of the field. I really hope he can work on focusing and compartmentalise his emotions so it doesn't affect his performances in future.