Thread: Katie Scarbrough (née Allan), 04 March 1981 – 02 May 2013

Hybrid View

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

News Katie Scarbrough (née Allan), 04 March 1981 – 02 May 2013

The title pretty much says it all.

1996 British Junior Ladies Champion Katie Allan (now Scarbrough) lost her battle with bowel cancer this morning.

Here is a link to the announcement on her blog.

Skating In Heaven:
    http://www.katiescarbrough.co.uk/201...ing-in-heaven/

Katie, although your career was cut short by injury, when you were competing, you were somebody that skating fans in Northern Ireland could be proud of.

But, the way you dealt with your cancer, and used your battle to help others and to raise awareness of the disease in young people, turned you into somebody that everybody could be proud of.

I may not have known you personally, but it was a privilege to have chatted with you last week.

My thoughts obviously go out to Katie's husband, Stuart; her 2 children, Sam and Sophie; her parents, Les and Joan; and her entire family circle.

You are indeed "Skating in Heaven"

Gordon (CaroLiza_fan)

Custom Title
    RIP to a wonderful skater. She'll be greatly missed and is such an inspiration.

Custom Title
    I guess the story couldn't end in any other way, but it's still heartbreaking to read. My condolences to the family.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    It hasn’t been put up on their website yet, but here is the story about Katie’s death in today’s Belfast Telegraph.

Photo posted by Jennie Hammond on Facebook:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...50176547_n.jpg

By the way, the photo that the Tele used is one of the ones from Weston-Super-Mare that I was talking about in this post in the second Katie thread.

Well done to the Belfast Telegraph for following Katie's story so comprehensively over the past number of months. Katie was all about raising awareness of her illness, and the coverage they gave will have helped no-end!

CaroLiza_fan

We knew it was inevitable, but it's still a very sad loss. My she rest in peace, and may her family find comfort in the good memories of her.

Rinkside
    What a brave lady.