Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Six Sleeps Until Stars On Ice

  1. #1
    ~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,660

    Six Sleeps Until Stars On Ice

    My husband and I have ice level seats once again for the Stars on Ice tour here in Vancouver on Friday, May 10th. Patrick Chan is going to be one of the guest stars, will be my first time to see Patrick skate in person. I always enjoy seeing new skaters live. It is going to be a great evening. I just hope the weather holds. It's been a beautiful weekend. We have had a soggy Spring so far. Oh well, I have an umbrella.

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    14,296
    Have a great time!

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,981
    Take notes and tell us all about it! I'm sure you'll have a splendid time. Ice level seats! You lucky ducks.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    My husband and I have ice level seats once again for the Stars on Ice tour here in Vancouver on Friday, May 10th. Patrick Chan is going to be one of the guest stars, will be my first time to see Patrick skate in person. I always enjoy seeing new skaters live. It is going to be a great evening. I just hope the weather holds. It's been a beautiful weekend. We have had a soggy Spring so far. Oh well, I have an umbrella.
    Wonderful for you! It's one of the best shows ever! With Patrick, you'll be blown away by his speed and ice coverage! Be sure to report!

  5. #5
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,539
    Have a great time. The US tour was great (wish we could attend CSOI, too). You'll it!

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    287
    Here's a video of their opening number featuring CSOI case..........not the routine but just the cast members......pretty neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o992CCmJFlo

  7. #7
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,089
    ^

  8. #8
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    Have a great time. The show was amazing. Every performer well worth watching. Loved every moment. Lovely comments on the twitter showing here on GS from Joannie, Sinead, Ashley and others about Victoria. Iam so glad they loved being here too.

  9. #9
    ~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Here's a video of their opening number featuring CSOI case..........not the routine but just the cast members......pretty neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o992CCmJFlo
    Thanks!! That is a cool video. I am so looking forward to tomorrow night. Thanks gang.


  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Here's a video of their opening number featuring CSOI case..........not the routine but just the cast members......pretty neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o992CCmJFlo
    That tape is so cool! Thanks for showing it.

    It strikes me that for a gorgeous woman, Tessa Virtue is very chameleon-like: her look changes easily. By constrast, Meryl Davis (equally gorgeous in a very different way) is distinctively herself at every angle. I'm always delighted by how many ways people can be beautiful. We're a stunning species, aren't we. (Well...not counting self. But some of us.)

    Interesting to me that Ashley is in this show. That's unusual for an active American ladies' skater these days (now that COI no longer exists). Is there something special about her as opposed to other young skaters? I haven't noticed any special command or sparkle on the ice that would make her especially attractive to the SOI producers as a performance skater as opposed to a competitive one. Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to know what to look for in her that I haven't noticed heretofore. The experience is certainly going to add to her abilities as a competitor going into the Olympic season.

  11. #11
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Interesting to me that Ashley is in this show. That's unusual for an active American ladies' skater these days (now that COI no longer exists). Is there something special about her as opposed to other young skaters? I haven't noticed any special command or sparkle on the ice that would make her especially attractive to the SOI producers as a performance skater as opposed to a competitive one. Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to know what to look for in her that I haven't noticed heretofore. The experience is certainly going to add to her abilities as a competitor going into the Olympic season.
    I guess the producers wanted to have one more lady besides Rochette, but did not have many options. Cynthia Phaneuf retired from both competitions and ice shows, Alissa Czisny has been recovering from her injuries, and Sasha Cohen went to back to school. The American tour counterpart, Katia Gordeeva, may not fit well with much younger Canadian cast.

  12. #12
    Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Interesting to me that Ashley is in this show. That's unusual for an active American ladies' skater these days (now that COI no longer exists). Is there something special about her as opposed to other young skaters? I haven't noticed any special command or sparkle on the ice that would make her especially attractive to the SOI producers as a performance skater as opposed to a competitive one. Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to know what to look for in her that I haven't noticed heretofore. The experience is certainly going to add to her abilities as a competitor going into the Olympic season.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    I guess the producers wanted to have one more lady besides Rochette, but did not have many options. Cynthia Phaneuf retired from both competitions and ice shows, Alissa Czisny has been recovering from her injuries, and Sasha Cohen went to back to school. The American tour counterpart, Katia Gordeeva, may not fit well with much younger Canadian cast.
    Disagree with seabm.
    For 2012 CSOI, Wagner also had been a full-fledged member of the cast -- along with both Rochette and Phaneuf -- so Wagner's inclusion last year was not a matter of needing a second lady.
    And inviting Wagner back in 2013 suggests that the producers were happy with her contributions last year.

    Another indication that Wagner is perceived to have the right stuff for shows: she also was a cast member of one of the All That Skate editions in 2010 or 2011. (Might have been All That Skate LA?) In any case, I do remember clearly that she had not yet won her first U.S. championship. And I seem to recall hearing or reading a quote from Wagner at the time that as one of the youngest and one of the least experienced skaters in the cast (maybe even the very youngest and least experienced), she was excited to have the opportunity and hoped to hold her own.
    Quite a compliment for Yuna Kim and/or her producers to handpick Wagner back then.

  13. #13
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Disagree with seabm.
    For 2012 CSOI, Wagner also had been a full-fledged member of the cast -- along with both Rochette and Phaneuf -- so Wagner's inclusion last year was not a matter of needing a second lady.
    And inviting Wagner back in 2013 suggests that the producers were happy with her contributions last year.
    You are absolutely right. I forgot her participation in 2012 CSOI.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,981
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Disagree with seabm.
    For 2012 CSOI, Wagner also had been a full-fledged member of the cast -- along with both Rochette and Phaneuf -- so Wagner's inclusion last year was not a matter of needing a second lady.
    And inviting Wagner back in 2013 suggests that the producers were happy with her contributions last year.

    Another indication that Wagner is perceived to have the right stuff for shows: she also was a cast member of one of the All That Skate editions in 2010 or 2011. (Might have been All That Skate LA?) In any case, I do remember clearly that she had not yet won her first U.S. championship. And I seem to recall hearing or reading a quote from Wagner at the time that as one of the youngest and one of the least experienced skaters in the cast (maybe even the very youngest and least experienced), she was excited to have the opportunity and hoped to hold her own.
    Quite a compliment for Yuna Kim and/or her producers to handpick Wagner back then.
    That is indeed pretty impressive. It shows Ashley's potential.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •