Alissa Czisny Update! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny Update!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hmmm, I am wondering if the truth is she needs the money so instead of getting her programs she is trying to earn some money.

Nothing wrong with that...after all, got to make a living somehow.

That said, the condition she "appears" to be in is not shocking to me, especially for June, and given her set of circumstances. Besides, as I always say, it's only a show. Can't draw much of a conclusion from that. There could be many factors involved.

As mentioned before, I just don't see her being competitive enough at the top after injuries and so much time off- having said that, though, I will wait, because seeing her in a competitive setting much closer to "crunch time" will tell us much more about whether she's "ready" or not.

(An aside...that's probably about the strangest freak fall I've seen- when Czisny goes down, it's almost always on a jump!)

noskates

Record Breaker
Much to the dismay and derision that will fall on my head with this post - I lump Alyssa with Lysacek, Plushenko and a few others who should just hang them up and rest on their laurels. I personally do not think she has a chance to be in the top 10 at Nationals this year - which would certainly settle the rest. When in the past she's been "on" she's been wonderful - beautiful, graceful, secure. But I can count on one hand the times that has happened. More often than not she's self-destructed. Now she's been out of competition and has had surgery, etc. It doesn't add up to success.

I wish her well. She's a beautiful woman and a beautiful skater but......

Much to the dismay and derision that will fall on my head...

:laugh: I think it's the "should" part that causes dismay and derision. We "shouldn't" be in the business of telling skaters what they "should" do. They didn't ask for our advice, after all (although I'm sure they appreciate it ;) ).

"Predicting" that Czisny, Plushenko, and Lysacek are done, now that's another story. :)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Much to the dismay and derision that will fall on my head with this post - I lump Alyssa with Lysacek, Plushenko and a few others who should just hang them up and rest on their laurels.

I don't think any of these skaters will show up to a competition unless they have a competitive arsenal of triples. I also don't think she will medal this year but I think the third spot, and no clear favorite for it, could be a motivating factor for her. Plushenko has a terrific shot of a 4th Olympic medal in the team event and no one with a shot to challenge him at his Nationals if he is in full health. Lysacek also has a reasonable shot for one of the Olympic spots if he skates well, and also would have a great shot at a team medal if he can make the team. A first time Olympian (Alissa) or adding to one's medal haul (Evan and Evgeny) seem like reasonable reason to go for it.

Reports from the show have said that there was some lighting problem, and that almost all the skaters fell on something. Kurt makes reference to it in his blog post on June 8th here: http://www.kurtfiles.com/forfun/kbfromasia13.php

Thanks so much for the link to Kurt's site! He writes that he is doing "Singin' in the Rain," and in one show, the cameo role of the policeman will be played by Hongbo Zhao. What a great scene to imagine.

Icey

Record Breaker
Hmmm, I am wondering if the truth is she needs the money so instead of getting her programs she is trying to earn some money. Second, oh dear, one wold have expected much more crisp jumps by now. I mean they applauded single axels and double toes and a fall on a stag jump. Yes nice spins but this should not give anyone confidence - I don't think saw an attempt at a double axel or "garbage" triple (toe, wally or salchow. if you were an inverstor this performance does not give great confidence as beautiful as she is. Minor detail I anticipate her hair being down is because it is usually up and she wanted to show it off. Moon river would be an Audrey upsweep. I like Czisny skating but her performance hear does not give a lot of confidence.

When Audrey sings the song in the movie she is sitting on a balcony with her freshly washed hair partially wrapped in a towel and hanging down to her shoulders. The song itself is a musical representation of the softer, sentimental , romantic Holly rather than the sophisticated wannabe with upswept hair.

A little charity, please. :) The girl dislocated her hip. She has other concerns on her plate besides her hair-do.

loopy

Final Flight
I thought her Moon River was lovely. She has such nice extension, it is hard to believe she was injured so seriously, she looks so fluid and flexible!