Alissa Czisny Update! | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny Update!

It's great to see her on the ice again, and the spins (all the way at the end) are wonderful, but it's not yet possible to tell anything else about her skating from this tape. I hope she continues to improve; her skating is such a joy to watch.

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Me too, she is so elegant and has incredible spins. Love watching her skate!

Oops, sorry about that! I'll check out the US Ladies thread now :)

Thanks, Math! So nice to hear directly from her. I will always root for her because of her extraordinary style and presence on the ice.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
She certainly comes across as thoughtful and poised! She does seem to have a realistic grasp on her situation and a plan for dealing with her training and competitive season. I hope she has her best season ever ahead.

I'm still not clear on whether she had a second surgery after the hip dislocated; in this interview she did say "first surgery" at one point I think, but then she just talked about phys therapy and so on after the dislocation. My concern being just that I hope the docs have done all they can to make sure the hip is secure and not going to pop out on her when put under strain.

She really is handling her setbacks well, it seems. Good for her.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't help but wonder if her Biellman spins have contributed to her hip injuries.

She's a lovely skater, and she doesn't need to do those to emphasize the things about her skating that are excellent.

I suppose she, like every other female skater (and some males), feels she has to do them for the levels.

flying camel

Medalist
She speaks so much better then she use to. Even her voice use to let u know that she was a nervous wreck.

She even looks like she may have put on a few pounds. Her face has filled out. Well if GAO doesn't make the team I hope Czisny does. There still aren't enough spots to go around.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She speaks so much better then she use to. Even her voice use to let u know that she was a nervous wreck.

She even looks like she may have put on a few pounds. Her face has filled out.

I noticed that, too. It's probably because she's been off the ice for so long.

b-man

Final Flight
On what basis? There are only two skaters with any shot at all of medaling.

So are you saying since the US has been trying for five years to get a third spot for Sochi/Worlds, we should still only send two, since the third spot, in your estimation, has no chance to medal? We have had about 7 skaters in the seasons best top 25 list the last few years, which means a lot of excellent skaters stay home, watching broadcasts of lesser skater compete.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
So are you saying since the US has been trying for five years to get a third spot for Sochi/Worlds, we should still only send two, since the third spot, in your estimation, has no chance to medal? We have had about 7 skaters in the seasons best top 25 list the last few years, which means a lot of excellent skaters stay home, watching broadcasts of lesser skater compete.

No. I'm saying 3 is plenty. One spot will go to a non-contender; only South Korea will send more non-contenders.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
She's planning to include a 3-3 again, and in the video she was practicing the salchow... Is she going back to her 2011-2012 plan? Please, Alissa, just be careful not to get injuried again, you can be a medal contender at nationals even with 6 triples! Good luck sweet girl! :love: :popcorn:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does Alissa plan to compete in the Grand Prix? She can possibly get two assignments as a returning skater. Skate America is only 5 months away, which doesn't give her a lot of time to bring her skating up to competition level. If she doesn't do the GP, would she have to do Regionals and Sectionals?