Which 2 Russian Ladies will make the Olympic Team? | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Which 2 Russian Ladies will make the Olympic Team?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Korobeynikova would have to be perfect and Liza and Adelina would have to royally bomb... Their PCS over Korobeynikova is monstrously bigger and it's highly unlikely that Korobeynikova will go from 10th, 7th, 10th to number 2 in one season given the slew of other girls who have higher scoring potential than her.

Liza has low PCS. Her margin over Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya is only a few points as is, usually she is somewhere in the mid-50s and Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya are around 50ish. If she bombs the SP and makes other mistakes, that margin can easily be eaten up. Plus if Polina and Anna skate well on the GP, their PCS are likely to rise, especially Anna as she is on a very fast upward trajectory since last season and is growing very quickly, looks much less like a little girl now seeing the recent pictures on her VK, with a more mature appearance and good jumping performance on the senior GP this season, I think her PCS could easily rise to the level of Liza, and then Adelina is not that much higher and she usually gives up lots of points with the mistakes she makes. Liza and Adelina are favored for sure, but I would not count out Polina or Anna just yet. Anna even has 2 GPs after competing on the JGP for only one season as a complete unknown, that is saying something about the Fed's willingness to promote her.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
a bit off topic but still related, Julia's current body changes
from her recent vacation in Croatia, she looks very beautiful
body frame is built like Tara Lipinski, maybe thats a good sign ?
looking at Julia's parents I knew she wouldn't have weight issues like Tukatmysheva when I saw Tuk's mother.

you need vk account to view the pictures

http://vk.com/id69994512?z=albums69994512

Mirunna

Record Breaker
looking at Julia's parents I knew she wouldn't have weight issues like Tukatmysheva when I saw Tuk's mother.

The fact that she is thin does not mean her figure hasn't changed. She looks more grown up (and beautiful). Also you comments regarding Tukt's weight are not only insulting but also getting old. With her current weight(which is fine) Tukt's jumps are way way better than Julia's jumps. Get over it, Tukt's issues with her skating has nothing to do with her weight since landing the jumps is not the problem.
Pogorilaya on the team seems very unlikely to me. While I like her style, she will not get near Liza and Adelina PCS wise. Just a reminder, Anna's personal best in the LP is less than 110 while Liza cracked 130 at Europeans. And i can't remember a single junior world medalist who's PCS suddenly increased when turning from junior to senior (at least not recently). I bet even Adelina will outscore her on PCS by around at least 10 points if she can land at least half of the jumps. If Korobeynikova didn't get the PCS (who skates nicer and with more maturity), Pogo won't do it either. Not now at least

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The fact that she is thin does not mean her figure hasn't changed. She looks more grown up (and beautiful). Also you comments regarding Tukt's weight are not only insulting but also getting old. With her current weight(which is fine) Tukt's jumps are way way better than Julia's jumps. Get over it, Tukt's issues with her skating has nothing to do with her weight since landing the jumps is not the problem.
Pogorilaya on the team seems very unlikely to me. While I like her style, she will not get near Liza and Adelina PCS wise. Just a reminder, Anna's personal best in the LP is less than 110 while Liza cracked 130 at Europeans. And i can't remember a single junior world medalist who's PCS suddenly increased when turning from junior to senior (at least not recently). I bet even Adelina will outscore her on PCS by around at least 10 points if she can land at least half of the jumps. If Korobeynikova didn't get the PCS (who skates nicer and with more maturity), Pogo won't do it either. Not now at least

Tuk does have a weight issue, she needs to control it or else her body will become like that of Raahael Flatt's and her PCS wills suffer even more and I never agreed Pogorilaya will make a spalsh in seniors as I said many times she will get low PCS ala Shelepen 2.0

sorry Julia had her vacation in Cyprus I mistyped it with Croatia
Julia's body type is good for figure skating and she seems to not have an abrupt growth like what happened with Sotnikova

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Tuk does have a weight issue, she needs to control it or else her body will become like that of Raahael Flatt's and her PCS wills suffer even more and I never agreed Pogorilaya will make a spalsh in seniors as I said many times she will get low PCS ala Shelepen 2.0

Liza is quite petite: http://vk.com/id38537529?z=photo38537529_303960959%2Fphotos38537529. Anna Capelinni who is stunning looks like a giant next to her: http://vk.com/id38537529?z=photo38537529_293767724%2Fphotos38537529. Again, the fact that she is landing jumps better than any Russian lady currently skating shows very clearly her weight is fine.
I think people think she has a weight problem is because she is short, not very curvy and her waist is not very defined, but this is her body frame. I am 100% sure most of us would be shocked to see her in real life and see how little she is actually. Her body frame is nothing alike Rachel, who has a pear shaped body. Adelina is bigger and taller than Liza(her bone structure looks wider) but because she is long legged and has a tiny waist she looks better proportioned on the ice.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I think people think Tukt has a weight problem from the unattractive packaging last season with the black dress with black tights that gave her no definition.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Liza has low PCS. Her margin over Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya is only a few points as is, usually she is somewhere in the mid-50s and Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya are around 50ish. If she bombs the SP and makes other mistakes, that margin can easily be eaten up. Plus if Polina and Anna skate well on the GP, their PCS are likely to rise, especially Anna as she is on a very fast upward trajectory since last season and is growing very quickly, looks much less like a little girl now seeing the recent pictures on her VK, with a more mature appearance and good jumping performance on the senior GP this season, I think her PCS could easily rise to the level of Liza, and then Adelina is not that much higher and she usually gives up lots of points with the mistakes she makes. Liza and Adelina are favored for sure, but I would not count out Polina or Anna just yet. Anna even has 2 GPs after competing on the JGP for only one season as a complete unknown, that is saying something about the Fed's willingness to promote her.

From the 2013 Russian Nationals the PCS scores were:
Tuktamysheva: 32.97/66.92 = 99.89
Korobeynikova: 29.92/58.58 = 88.50
Pogorilaya: 26.43/55.14 = 81.56

So it seems that, at least in terms of Nationals scoring, Tuktamysheva has an 11-point advantage over Korobeynikova, and an 18-point advantage over Pogorilaya. Of course, this is when Tuktamysheva skated lights out, but I highly doubt Pogorilaya is progressing enough to get 30+ and 60+ PCS, even on Nationals ice. She would need perfect skates and Tuktamysheva to really really bomb in order to beat hear.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

She is beautiful!!!!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Liza is quite petite: http://vk.com/id38537529?z=photo38537529_303960959%2Fphotos38537529. Anna Capelinni who is stunning looks like a giant next to her: http://vk.com/id38537529?z=photo38537529_293767724%2Fphotos38537529. Again, the fact that she is landing jumps better than any Russian lady currently skating shows very clearly her weight is fine.
I think people think she has a weight problem is because she is short, not very curvy and her waist is not very defined, but this is her body frame. I am 100% sure most of us would be shocked to see her in real life and see how little she is actually. Her body frame is nothing alike Rachel, who has a pear shaped body. Adelina is bigger and taller than Liza(her bone structure looks wider) but because she is long legged and has a tiny waist she looks better proportioned on the ice.

OMG! Liza is also beautiful... And yes, she is very petit..

gmyers

Record Breaker

Adelina usually does give up lots of points on tes. that's why it is very possible that she could be beaten.