Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 2 Russian Ladies will make the Olympic Team?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Very true. If neither Liza or Adelina are good enough for the gpf why even bother making their paths to the Olympics easy? Julia and Liza made the gpf with no Yuna and no Carolina in the gp and no katelyn who only had one gp. The idea that Liza and Adelina deserve or would be best for the Olympics is absurd. Both of them bombed worlds horribly. So if at the end of the gp Julia is a higher ranking skater then that should factor. Adelina had a horrible gp season and then a horrible worlds and showed she can barely compete as a senior and beat girls her own age. Same thing with Liza. Can't even beat girls their own age.
    The way FSF of Russia thinks of the situation at the Worlds is completely different. Piseev and Gorshkov are almost satisfied with their debut so I wouldn't call it that absurd.
    Liza and Adelina CAN beat ALMOST everyone if they are self-collected and the judges put them scores they deserve. It's only puberty and FSF of Russia that does not stand for Russian sportsmen at all to blame.

Welcome, AliCruise. Thanks for joining us. Post often, post long!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Welcome, AliCruise. Thanks for joining us. Post often, post long!
    muchas gracias

Banned
    Nothing could be further from the truth! Adelina and Liza are not so great as to be totally invulnerable to challenges from other skaters such as Julia or Alena. Julia did not really see her level decline because her last performance at jr worlds was really great! Adelina and Liza saw tremendous collapses in skating quality after euros. They both bombed both worlds and the wtt which matched their bombing of gP events earlier in the season-moreso in the case of sotnikova than tuktamisheva who did make the gpf but then had that sp disaster there. They did show themselves as the best Russians at the Russian nationals but after that point and euros have delivered such terrible performances that already booking them tickets to Sochi is ridiculous!
    definitely its wide open, in 2011 scenario might have been different but next year whomever delivers the best and makes gpf and euros will get the ticket, also Julia didnt have a disaster, still with 3 injuries she beat Tuk and Adelina's season medlaing in 2 gp and making to gpf before being injured again she only lost jr. world because of a double salchow

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    best at Worlds who barely got top 10 ? Julia had 3 injuries last season if your decline means getting into gpf and almost winning jr worlds again against tiny jump Radionova
    then I'd be happy to have that statement as a decline, lol

Adelina is not the best, she cant even Osmond
    Tuk is a a guarantee to bomb the sp
    Still, Adelina's and Liza's score at Worlds was higher than Julia's Jr.Worlds score. And no, unfortunately, Radionova is not going to be Julia's rival right now-Radionova can't go to Sochi since she's too young. Julia would be competing against Yuna/Caro/Gracie, who all have much bigger jumps than Julia's, not Radionova(who at this point does have small jumps).

Julia has a lip problem, and she's yet to face the worst part of puberty. I don't think she has a stable technique for all of her jumps, which is really important if you want to keep all of your jumps. Like I said before, Liza/Adelina who had much better jumps as a junior than Julia couldn't land their 3Lz+3T/3Lz+3Los consistently when they faced the worst part.

Adelina did beat Osmond at WTT-she got a score 20 points higher than Osmond's total score.

I find it funny who says Julia cant make the Team when Sotnikova and Tuk were not even hot soup
    even with Julia's struggles she was the highest ranking Russian going to the GPF, she knows her weakness
    in her interview she said what is done is done she will start anew for the season

Sotnikova has unstable jumps, can't barely get a proper 3-3 rotated, unstable flip and a flutzer
    Tuk has good technique but she has issues with her body type and bombs the sp almost always
    Julia 2A may be terrible but the rest is not, microscopic ? see Elena Radionova and Satoko Miyahara - they have the microscopic jumps
    Liza at her first senior GP season won both of her GP events. Julia won silver and bronze and that was a competition without Yuna/Caro and with Mao without 3A.

Custom Title
    I am not sure but it won't matter all of them are so unstable, growing and artistically immature at this point. I would say Adelina and????I wonder what leonova will do and Tut? Russia is not in great shape heading into the olympics.

Custom Title
    I wish the Russian women brought their performances from Nationals to Euros and Worlds. They tend to do so much better there. Perhaps this might translate to better results in Sochi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Still, Adelina's and Liza's score at Worlds was higher than Julia's Jr.Worlds score. And no, unfortunately, Radionova is not going to be Julia's rival right now-Radionova can't go to Sochi since she's too young. Julia would be competing against Yuna/Caro/Gracie, who all have much bigger jumps than Julia's, not Radionova(who at this point does have small jumps).

Julia has a lip problem, and she's yet to face the worst part of puberty. I don't think she has a stable technique for all of her jumps, which is really important if you want to keep all of your jumps. Like I said before, Liza/Adelina who had much better jumps as a junior than Julia couldn't land their 3Lz+3T/3Lz+3Los consistently when they faced the worst part.

Adelina did beat Osmond at WTT-she got a score 20 points higher than Osmond's total score.

do we have to start again
    Julia has a terirble 2A but to say all her jumps
    Adelina has Flutz, cannot rotate the 2nd 3T combo, a very unstable Flip, an ok loop
    Julia did get 3-3 and got them almost all of them except jr.worlds compared to Sotnikova's first senior who falls on 3-3 combos

Adelina and Tuk got higher score with more lenient scoring
    Jr. Worlds had one of the strictest results, nothing comparable
    I would say we really wont know, next gp we will find out who is in good shape
    I'd take Julia over Adelina's 3-3UR and 3Flip falls , Tuk's SP and alarming weight issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Liza at her first senior GP season won both of her GP events. Julia won silver and bronze and that was a competition without Yuna/Caro and with Mao without 3A.
    won in TEB with Carolina in watered down content almost the same
    there was no Yuna either in 2011

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AliCruise View Post
    The way FSF of Russia thinks of the situation at the Worlds is completely different. Piseev and Gorshkov are almost satisfied with their debut so I wouldn't call it that absurd.
    Liza and Adelina CAN beat ALMOST everyone if they are self-collected and the judges put them scores they deserve. It's only puberty and FSF of Russia that does not stand for Russian sportsmen at all to blame.
    I am surprised that the Russian federation would be satisfied. Everyone knows all the older girls were aggressively pushed out for these young girls and how that was the right decision as all the older skaters were truly getting bad results. So it can't be trying to protect themselves and stop from getting fired as there was no other choice! So they should just be honest and try to get sotnikova and tuktamisheva back into good results. Apply some pressure to them!! This whole thing of being hands off and applying no pressure and expressing satisfaction has to go!

definitely its wide open, in 2011 scenario might have been different but next year whomever delivers the best and makes gpf and euros will get the ticket, also Julia didnt have a disaster, still with 3 injuries she beat Tuk and Adelina's season medlaing in 2 gp and making to gpf before being injured again she only lost jr. world because of a double salchow
    A good point was made how it could be a huge longshot for any Russian in their current condition to make the GPF! Maybe only Julia has a chance. So it it would not be who makes the GPF but maybe who can be an official alternate! Or who had the highest points and who was not an alternate.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by AliCruise View Post
    I'd make a small amendment to that--Liza and Adelina can beat everyone in Russia (yes, even Julia, although she's one of my top two picks for the Olympic team) if they're clean. Russia doesn't have another jumper like Adelina, and the only lady with better interpretation is Alena. Liza, when she does hold it together, is something else entirely.

The fact remains that Julia will very likely face a challenge in holding onto her jumps after this next phase of puberty. I wouldn't say that her jumps are tiny--they're most definitely larger than Elena's, who's around the same age--but she does have a borderline 2A and doesn't jump "big" at all. She may become another Mirai with a UR issue in the future if she doesn't start drilling proper technique NOW.

Custom Title
    But Adelina is the one urderrotating jumps and singling flips now not Julia. She needs to be drilling jump technique.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    The fact remains that Julia will very likely face a challenge in holding onto her jumps after this next phase of puberty. I wouldn't say that her jumps are tiny--they're most definitely larger than Elena's, who's around the same age--but she does have a borderline 2A and doesn't jump "big" at all. She may become another Mirai with a UR issue in the future if she doesn't start drilling proper technique NOW.
    Although I think Liza is a clear favorite for the team over Julia, it is only because I strongly believe that Julia will not have her jumps next year. A lot of people forget that, as juniors, Liza and Adelina were nailing 3/3 lutz combos regularly too; I'm not sure why so many people think Julia will be immune from the same growing pains when she has arguably the most "junior" jump technique of the three.

Custom Title
    Pogorilaya and Korobeynikova if she brings back her 2011-2012 content are both better jumpers than Adelina IMO. They can both rotate their 3-3 combos, Pogorilaya has consistent 3lz-3t with no edge call and no URs. I tend to think that if she grows into her legs this summer and has a more mature appearance come the fall, and competes on the GP and keeps up her tough content and consistency like last season, her PCS will actually be decent which combined with consistent delivery of tough content could be enough to throw her into the mix for the Sochi team. If Korobeynikova could regain her 2012 Euros form then she's also extremely dangerous to the other girls, particularly if she can develop more speed. These two also have the long-limbed willowy body type going for them. Idk I would like to argue the team is more open for grabs than others seem to think.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Although I think Liza is a clear favorite for the team over Julia, it is only because I strongly believe that Julia will not have her jumps next year. A lot of people forget that, as juniors, Liza and Adelina were nailing 3/3 lutz combos regularly too; I'm not sure why so many people think Julia will be immune from the same growing pains when she has arguably the most "junior" jump technique of the three.
    I think Julia over Adelina because Adelina has lost 3/3 and 2A/3T! She no longer has triple triple or 2a/3t. Julia still does. Julia is also pretty consistent in both SP and LP so will have SP advantage over Liza. The skater who has turned into mirai nagasu is adelina with her URS!

Custom Title
    I think Julia over Adelina because Adelina has lost 3/3 and 2A/3T! She no longer has triple triple or 2a/3t. Julia still does. Julia is also pretty consistent in both SP and LP so will have SP advantage over Liza. The skater who has turned into mirai nagasu is adelina with her URS!
    Julia can possibly outjump Adelina NOW, and Elena R can outjump both NOW. But the Olympics isn't today, it's in 9 months. That's a lot of growing Julia has coming. Do you think Julia is not going to grow at all, or do you think she jumps big enough that when she goes through puberty she will still be able to do the jumps? One of those two things have to be true for her to be competitive next season.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast