Guilty Pleasures | Golden Skate

Guilty Pleasures

sather

Rinkside
There was an episode from TV series Glee about guilty pleasure and I also read a column about guilty pleasure on a magazine today.
I like the word because it sounds like 'I'll keep on doing it no matter what other people say about it.(although I feel a bit embarrassed to admit it)'
My guilty pleasure is to read romance novels. I stopped reading it for a while but started to read again recently. Everyone says that they are not worthy of reading and most of them are politically wrong to promote anti-feminism messages but I can't stop reading it :laugh: I even ordered Kindle today because my smart phone made my eyes hurt to read ! (My mom would kill me if she finds out I bought it for that.)

So, what's your guilty pleasure? I know everyone has their own :)

heyang

Record Breaker
I read 'trash' too. I buy them at Target or Walmart because they discount more deeply than the other stores and are less pricey compared to e-book.

I also get frequent massages. I belong to massage envy and will go to the mall for a chair or foot massage regularly - I go often enough where the folks who work at the 3 most frequented malls recognize me as I approach!

BTw, these are just pleasures for me - I gave up the guilt a long time ago!!!

BTW, you should join Book Bub and Pixel'o'ink. They send daily e-mails with e-book deals - free or deeply discounted for the day. I was able to get the authorized Steve Jobs biography for Kindle at just $3.99 - without the newsletter I would've missed the sale.

I don't read all kinds of romances, but I enjoy Regency romances. They can smooth out the wrinkles of a tough day. Everyone should have a treat like this.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess my guilty pleasure is my collection of plush Disney characters. I'm a kid @ heart!

Johar

Medalist
Iced coffee drinks. Not as much as I used to have them, but they are still divine.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Good thread, although after reading the definition, I am no so sure romance novels and foot massages are in that category. Since at my age, I don's feel guilty about much any more, I don't care who knows I read Jane Austen...in fact, I don't feel guilty about any of my 100 pleasures save one. I feel really good about bad things happening to bad, mean, cruel people....just run over a child molester with a car and it makes my day....
There was an episode from TV series Glee about guilty pleasure and I also read a column about guilty pleasure on a magazine today.
I like the word because it sounds like 'I'll keep on doing it no matter what other people say about it.(although I feel a bit embarrassed to admit it)'
My guilty pleasure is to read romance novels. I stopped reading it for a while but started to read again recently. Everyone says that they are not worthy of reading and most of them are politically wrong to promote anti-feminism messages but I can't stop reading it :laugh: I even ordered Kindle today because my smart phone made my eyes hurt to read ! (My mom would kill me if she finds out I bought it for that.)

So, what's your guilty pleasure? I know everyone has their own :)

Chris, that's an excellent point. Most of what one would call guilty pleasures, such as chocolate for breakfast, aren't anything I would hide. But imagining a terrible fate for an evildoer does sometimes capture my imagination when a particularly bad event happens. I guess when we feel powerless, such thinking gives us our feeling of strength back.