Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Kim Yu-na Ranked Most Marketable Korean Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by skates_lively View Post
    Yes you hate her but probably not as much as IB sports. LOL
    You have a lot of humiliation on Son on one individual, because your post is just another copy of Yunabot made Anti-Son propaganda in Korean web. Seriously why do you need to talk about all that in FS forum? Just because you hate IB sports, it doesn't mean you have to downplay with Son anywhere. You just believe whatever they say on that manual, but I know people who really love RG and the truth is somewhat different from what you wrote. A lot of manipulations has been done with that Anti-son propaganda. You believe whatever you want, but don't you think you can just promote Queen Yuna by downplaying Son in here.
    I'm not promoting Queen Yuna in any way. I'm stating the facts only, it's you Son fans who are not accepting this. You know what's funny though? IB sports promoting Son and downplaying Queen Yuna. After all the years of lawsuit between IB and Yuna, IB still hasn't learned a lesson. And I'm a Yunabot that made anti-son propanganda?
    Well then you are an employee from IB sports trying to defend lies.

Um, without taking sides I would still like to say,..

Welcome Anu. Thanks for joining us!

Rinkside
    I didn't say you are yunabot, but said your post seems like a copy of those manual and I just simply disagree with them. Now I'm an IB agent? LOL
    I edited my previous post before I saw your reply. Edited post is the whole point. But seriously, whatever IB sports did, humiliating one individual like that does not make sense to me. It seems like you don't realize how you humiliated her in your post at all.

Facts are there. But interpretation of facts could be varied. Yours is not the only way to see the facts. Just that.

~high art~
    Most Son haters from what I've seen don't care that much about Yuna either. It's pretty obvious they're only using Yuna to attack Yeonjae. Yuna fans are just tired because of ever-repeating articles that discredit Yuna with extreme nonsense to promote Yeonjae.

LOL this off-topic Yeonjae discussion is tired. I don't even watch rhythmic gymnastics competitions. If Yeonjae manages to have South Korean people somewhat care about RG, I'll have much more respect for her than I do now.

skating philosopher
    Um, I guess what I don't understand as someone that doesn't know the interworkings of agency politics is why you are obligated to give 100 percent to one athlete or another. I mean why couldn't both athletes be promoted to bring attention to their respective sports in S. Korea? Does there even need to be a delcaration that one is more marketable than another. Okay I realize the thread is about "most marketable athlete in S. Korea."

Guess my point is, surely there's enough room for a number of athletes to shine without doing it at the cost of another?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    @ Melon

"Not all the TOP athletes because the Olympic rule for RG is that they can only send 2 Athletes per country. Son was "lucky" to be placed 5th because of this rule"

Plz explain this to me again because it doesn't make sense to me...and using the word "LUCKY" don't you think it sounds a bit harsh...i'd rather say "HARD WORK"
    You said that if Son did not make mistakes, she could've easily won bronze in another post.

What is a difference between saying that and saying Son was lucky to place 5th in London?

"She also made mistakes in ribbons where she made a knot at the end, and her shoes also fell off during one of her routine. Fun fact, Many RG fans were furious because her scores were high even with those mistakes"

yes she had a very small tiny knot which was not even noticeable (even in HD) many RG anti-fans made big fuss about it which i thought it was silly and unnecessary...according to the rule "A knot is only a 0.20 deduction if it doesn't disrupt the patterns"...her patterns was just fine...so when the scores are out of a total of 120 points, 0.20 doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme and her score was desirable and fair...I think those anti's just exaggerate and saying her ranking was high moreover, her shoes also fell off... yes i believe there was a penalty for that but RG can perform without a shoes too its not a big deal!
    It wasn't RG anti fans that made a big fuss about it. The discussion was started(or at least, from what I saw) at RG forum. Why would RG anti-fans bother to write a post in RG forum?

Again you don't make any sense here...That event which your talking about was competition in Calais, France...now let me make things clear for you...

Son began her 2013 season with the following IMPORTANT competitions :

1) Gazprom Cup/Moscow Grand Prix
    2) Lisbon Cup...side note (Days before the competition, Son caught flu and is reported to vomit as a result of strict diet) Fortunately, she managed to recover and grabbed a medal...Such a brave athlete!!!
    3) Pesaro World Cup
    4) Sofia World Cup
    5) 2013 National Team Tryouts
    5) Minsk World Cup
    6) Asian Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
    7) LG Whisen Rhythmic All Stars 2013*

Now here is the list of the participants who performed at her gala show

* Son Yeon Yae
    * Liubov Charkashyna
    * Melitina Staniouta
    * Alina Maksymenko
    * Anna Rizatdinova
    * Alexandra Piscupescu
    * Italian group (+Elisa Blanchi, Elisa Santoni, Angelica Savrayuk and Romina Laurito )
    * Russian group

if you notice there were also some TOP gymnasts who didn't compete in Calais, France now think about it little bit... why didn't those TOP gymnasts who performed at her gala show didn't compete in France, in Calais too?!
    Don't you think she deserve a little break here?!
    Err... I don't remember any RG competitions being held in Calais this year.

Do you mean Thiais Grand Prix or Corbeil-Essonnes World Cup? BUT even if you meant those competitions, none of the gymnasts you've listed here had to skip competition to participate a gala show.

Also note that none of the Russians who compete as an individual participated in gala show.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    She medaled all round in just ONE competition out of 6. And why would you even consider Rhythmic All Stars 2013 as competitions? it's GALA, not competition. You do realize only Minsk World Cup is considered Grade A,( not A) competition? Plus, non of the top RGymnasts were there. And she didn't medal all round either.
    Actually, it was Sofia World Cup that was considered as an category A World Cup event... Though some other competitions that Son competed in had much stronger entry.
    Instead, I would say that it was Asian Championships that none of the top gymnasts competed. Only "top" gymnasts were Son and other Chinese gymnast, who won two golds in EF.

Anyway, why was Son brought to this discussion in first place?

why are we talking about son and rg here?? until she won a major title there's no need to this pointless comparison.. and rhythmic gymnastics is a sport?? if it's a sport in the eyes of others then they should let wushu be part in the next olys.. at least fs has jumps..

and i'm done.

Banned
    its starting to read like Yunabots vs Sonbots
    it will be disturbing if someone registered for the sake of defending Son

to be fair, Son does get many media coverage in Korea after the Olympics
    and is heavily promoted as the Kim Yuna of RG which imo isn't true
    the only similarity they ahve is they are pioneers of their sports
    she doesn't have the records of Kim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yuna nor Kanaeva http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yevgeniya_Kanayeva
    Son did win an all-around gold but it was Asian Championships http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_As..._Championships

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    why are we talking about son and rg here?? until she won a major title there's no need to this pointless comparison.. and rhythmic gymnastics is a sport?? if it's a sport in the eyes of others then they should let wushu be part in the next olys.. at least fs has jumps..

and i'm done.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but rhythmic gymnastics is definitely a sport! I am amazed at the flexibility of those girls.

And it's not just hard core RG fans either. In fact this video of a rhythmic gymnastics routine went viral earlier this year: http://mashable.com/2013/04/29/gymnast-viral-video/
    It got more than 10 million hits on YouTube.

And it is an Olympic sport..so...??

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    @ Melon
    Still it doesn't make sense to me...you are out of words...
    Please, don't blame me for your inability to comprehend things. You're out of words because you cannot defend to the statement I made.
    Her ribbon was very difficult/risky routine so "little things" wont do much damage...by the way RG fans are not "judges"
    So were the other ribbon routines from other athletes. Of course the RG fans are not judges. And us FS fans are not judges. However, there are times when us FS fans can pick out mistakes that judges made. Same goes for RG

yes she was young (in her early teenage years) I think every parent will to their level best to accomplish their child's dream no matter what it takes...especially if they know that their child got talent am i right...try to understand what i'm saying...by the way that's not a false information and i wont waste my time to make you believe it...
    In the TV show, Son mentioned how she spent $30,000 a month before the Asian Games. That's when she was 17 Years old. pretty sure that's not in her EARLY teenage years. Of course her parents would do whatever it takes for their children, but it should be done in a right way. My ultimate point is this. Son is receiving all the endorsement and sponsorships. With the money she earned, she has no problem training outside of her country, like Russia. Unfortunately, even with those expensive training, her highest medal earned was from Asian Championship. There are countless amount of talented athletes in South Korea who earned their Gold medal from olympics without single endorsements or sponsorships. Take a look at Yang Hak Seon who earned Gold in gymnastics vaults. He lived in a VINYL house, but earned his medal. Now I'll ask you, does expensive training really bring good results? Shin a Ram,a fencing player, earned her medals without any endorsements. There are athletes like Park Tae Hwan who's relying on funds from PUBLIC instead of swimming federation. He was the first Asian swimmer to win 400M in 2008 Olympics, and he's not being funded right now. I'm not trying to say Son has no talent. But records show, and she still has no strong competition records. However, unlike other athletes, she's still getting numerous endorsements and sporsors. Why can't they offer those to athletes like Park or Yang? Why is IB holding on to Son so much?

......???? What are you implying here ???? why make things look so ugly and complicated ?!
    how's that ugly and complicated? If you have money you can buy a car. If I have money I can have Justin Bieber in my backyard singing happy birthday to me. It's logic.

OMG you are so confused...RG and FS ARE BOTH DIFFERENT in their own fields...get it ?

Son won a bronze, silver and gold medals and i believe after 5 or 6 (WC'c) she placed the 2nd world wide in hoop...don't believe me check this link

http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/vsite/...v-list,00.html
    Of course they're different field. But get this. Do we praise Yuna because she won the SP in 2011? No. We care about the actual winner of the event, Miki Ando. You're just like the Korean media, making fuss about how Son is amazing and winning a bronze in hoop. What the Korean media doesn't tell is how she's placed 7th or 9th OVERALL. Individual routines don't really matter. Stop spreading that she earned brozne silver and gold medals. You make it sound as if she earned and all-round title. And that's EXACTLY what IB sports and the Korean media is doing, making it look like Son has earned those medals when Son only earned it individually.

I will never compare Son and Yuna i admire them both...and its offensive to me (as her fan) that you are humiliating Son...
    there is a difference between humilation and stating facts. Am I humiliating Yuna when I say she placed 2nd in Worlds 2011? No.

I think i'm arguing with the wrong person here who have no clue about RG nor about Son...i tried my best to clarify things for you but it seems like you are still in denial...pity...
    it looks like you're the on who's stil in denial. Fact is, Son is not as talented as the media portrays.
    Son was brought up on this thread because a poster in page 2 said Son would dethrone Yuna as most marketable athlete in South Korea. Son is getting many sponsors and what not, but she's not doing well in competitions. Why can't Park or Yang receive those endorsements and actually focus on their hard work? They could become even bigger and talented when they get proper trainings. Son is receiving those, but the results are not promising. If Son wants to bring he reputation up, she needs to train harder and earn all round medals.

Why do you think Yuna had so much pressure going in to 2010 Olympics? NBC states that she wrote a short essay on the pressure she feels, and she said the whole nation might turn their back of her if she doesn't get the Gold medal.Unfortunately, Gold medal is really important in Korea, but When did Korea started to praise athletes who didn't medal like Son? Why is she getting so much endorsements despite the fact that her competitive records doesn't come close to other Korean Athletes?

I'm not hating Son as much as you think. It's just ridculous how she's getting all these buffs, but still hasn't delieved a great result to South Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert, but rhythmic gymnastics is definitely a sport! I am amazed at the flexibility of those girls.

And it's not just hard core RG fans either. In fact this video of a rhythmic gymnastics routine went viral earlier this year: http://mashable.com/2013/04/29/gymnast-viral-video/
    It got more than 10 million hits on YouTube.

And it is an Olympic sport..so...??
    like what i said if rg is a sport then they should allow wushu to be an olympic sport.. at least for me it's far more fascinating..

skating philosopher
    like what i said if rg is a sport then they should allow wushu to be an olympic sport.. at least for me it's far more fascinating..
    I have a lot of respect for Wushu -- I have a good friend who does it. But I definitely appreciate the skill it takes to be a rhythmic gymnast.

the ioc is trying to get rid of wrestling now.. at least for some smaller countries they can participate... they got rid of baseball and softball..they said that the US dominated this sport.. oh please.. team japan, cuba, south korea and other south american countries are already getting medals.. they should get rid of of rg that no one really cares about.. except for some eastern european countries.. the sport is dominated by russia.. what can i say politics will always come into play..

Custom Title
    I wonder if a woman golfer like I park can overtake her! Maybe even IK Kim!

Custom Title
    the ioc is trying to get rid of wrestling now.. at least for some smaller countries they can participate... they got rid of baseball and softball..they said that the US dominated this sport.. oh please.. team japan, cuba, south korea and other south american countries are already getting medals.. they should get rid of of rg that no one really cares about.. except for some eastern european countries.. the sport is dominated by russia.. what can i say politics will always come into play..
    It will always be a fact that Canada won the first rg gold!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast