Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Custom Title

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Season 2012 - 2013 in Russsia is finished.
    No high level competition will be in this season.

So it is time to start new thread about next season.

Today was officially published Team Russia for 2013 - 2014 Season. http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/1135439.pdf (Russian).

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Thanks for starting the thread, Alex.

Friendly question:
    I know that last season's thread also was in References, but I never understood why.
    Why not The Edge? Many posts in last year's thread had news updates regarding countless Russian skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Friendly question:
    I know that last season's thread also was in References, but I never understood why.
    It was moderators' solution - to move thread here. I started it in "The Edge".
    In "2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events" were many references and info (including official), so moderators solved so.

Custom Title
    Team Russia 2013 - 2014 - Men.

Senior
    Sergei VORONOV
    Artur GACHINSKI
    Maxim KOVTUN
    Konstantin MENSHOV
    Evgeni PLUSHENKO

Junior
    Alexey Genya (born 17 Sep 1999)
    Mikhail KOLYADA
    Murad Kurbanov (born 6 Now 1996)
    Artem Lezheev (born 13 Oct 1996)
    Alexander PETROV
    Adian PITKEEV
    Alexander SAMARIN
    Vladislav TARASENKO

Boys, Girls 1993-2002 lower than "Junior" status
    Stanislav Andryunin (born 09 Feb 2000)
    Daniil Bernadiner (born 28 Mar 2000)
    Andrei ZUBER
    Moris Kvitelashvili (born 17 Mar 1995)
    Alexey Krasnozhon (born 11 Apr 2000)
    Andrei Lazukin (born 19 Now 1997)
    Dmitry Mikhailov (born 15 Apr 1998)
    Roman Savosin (born 04 Dec 1999)

Reserve
    Vladislav Sezganov (born 03 Jul 1988)

My comment:
    All looks normal. Top 5 of SrNationals are in Senior Team, best Juniors in Junior Team, good but not so good Juniors in Boys-Girls, good (but not very good) Sezganov in Reserve.

Custom Title
    Do you have any explanation why Davankova-Deputat are in reserve? I thought the reserve team is used for those who are not good enough to be in junior team or senior team. Although Davankova-Deputat were a bit weaker than the previous year, they were still pretty decent (2nd and 3rd at JGP, 2nd at JGPF, 7th senior nationals), with better results than Maria Vygalova / Egor Zakroev and Kamila Gainetdinova / Ivan Bich. So I am wondering why Maria Vygalova / Egor Zakroev and Kamila Gainetdinova / Ivan Bich are on junior team and Davankova-Deputat are not? Did they aged out of junior and are not yet good enough for seniors?

Another question - why Biryukova is not even in reserve team when Agafonova and Shershak are in reserve team?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Since Pogorilaya is listed as junior, will she be doing the JGP this fall, or the senior GP, since her place at Jr. Worlds qualifies her for a spot?

Custom Title
    Where she is listed doesn't really mean where she will be competing. For example Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva were listed in senior team a year or two before they were even eligible to compete is senior competition. It seems that they make the team according to how they see their results, not where the skaters are going to compete.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Do you have any explanation why Davankova-Deputat are in reserve? I thought the reserve team is used for those who are not good enough to be in junior team or senior team. Although Davankova-Deputat were a bit weaker than the previous year, they were still pretty decent (2nd and 3rd at JGP, 2nd at JGPF, 7th senior nationals), with better results than Maria Vygalova / Egor Zakroev and Kamila Gainetdinova / Ivan Bich. So I am wondering why Maria Vygalova / Egor Zakroev and Kamila Gainetdinova / Ivan Bich are on junior team and Davankova-Deputat are not? Did they aged out of junior and are not yet good enough for seniors?
    It is not understandable for me.
    At 2012-2013 Shelepen, who had good results of season (medals of JGP Events (2 Gold medals) and Final (Silver medal), 2nd place at JrNats, 1st place at Spartakiad, was in Reserve. Also not understandable.

At 2013/2014 Season Davankova-Deputat may be both Junior and Senior. At 2014-15 - only Senior, Deputat will be too old for Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Another question - why Biryukova is not even in reserve team when Agafonova and Shershak are in reserve team?
    Biryukova - no good results at season. 17th of 18 at Nationals, two 9th places (of 9 both times, i.e. last places) at GP Events.

Shershak also not good (her only competition was JGP Event V, 7th place). But not so bad as Biryukova - not the last place.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Since Pogorilaya is listed as junior
    Why?
    She is eligible by age for Senior competitions at 2013/2014.
    All her results - place at Senior Nationals, Season Best, Season World Ranking are higher than Gosviani and Leonova.
    3 of total of 4 her Internalional results are higher than Season Best of both Leonova and Gosviani (and higher than best result of Gosviani's Senior B competition also; Leonova had not Senior B's in season).

Pogorilaya earned 4 medals at her 4 ISU Events, including JGP Final and JrWorlds.
    Both Leonova and Gosviani have no medals of ISU Events in season.

Who can understand why Pogorilaya is not at Senior Team while Leonova and Gosviani are?

Leonova - understandable, glorious past, including Silver of Worlds.
    But Gosviani had no real succes at previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    will she be doing the JGP this fall, or the senior GP, since her place at Jr. Worlds qualifies her for a spot?
    I don't know.
    Hope that she will take place in Senior GP. Medal of JrWorlds means nothing for it - she has a spot because she is in Top24 of Season Best (19th).

Btw, her Personal Best is higher than Agnes Zawadzki's, who is JGP Event Medalist.
    So why not?

But it is unkvown - Federation gives data about skaters who take or not take place in GP to ISU. And what will it give?

Thanks for starting the thread, Alex.

Friendly question:
    Why not The Edge? Many posts in last year's thread had news updates regarding countless Russian skaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    It was moderators' solution - to move thread here. I started it in "The Edge".
    In "2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events" were many references and info (including official), so moderators solved so.
    Attn: Doris and/or other mods

Would you consider allowing this season's thread to return to The Edge? Thx if you do.
    Although last season's had a good volume of traffic in References, I strongly believe that this season's would get an even higher number of views if it were in The Edge. [My humble opinion is based on a whopping sample size of one .]

The entire content of this season's thread so far fits this criterion of The Edge: "updates on skaters and teams".

In celebration of Volosozhar's birthday, Trankov has posted a very affectionate message via Twitter and Instagram.

Pretty darn cute.

Custom Title
    In celebration of Volosozhar's birthday, Trankov has posted a very affectionate message via Twitter and Instagram.

Pretty darn cute.
    Text at instagram:

Happy birthday*, my dear Tanechka! Let all your dreams will come true! ! ! I adore you, and I'm happy that I carry you on hands every day! You are my queen!
    *Word "birthday" is on Ukrainian language, she is from Ukraine.

Custom Title
    I noted that Stepanova/Bukin are listed as a senior, too. Maybe this would mean that they're going to be competing as a senior next season?

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I noted that Stepanova/Bukin are listed as a senior, too. Maybe this would mean that they're going to be competing as a senior next season?
    If this happens, R/T could be left out of the Olympic team...

Miserere Nobis
    I can't read Russian, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me: Does it say whether or not Radionova will be skating as a senior next season?

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast