2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

siela

On the Ice
There was an informations about Masha's injury on Russian forum. And, unfortunately, it looks to be true.

Country
Russia
Proklova is assigned to 3 events, but Ogoreltseva doesn't have her second event yet and she was 2nd so she has a chance to get to JGPF. So I think they will give one Proklova's event to her.
At 3rd JGP Event will be Sakhanovich and Proklova.

At 4th - Medvedeva and ...
Sotskova? not probable, second time two leaders Medvedeva and Sotskova at same Event.
Sakhanovich? Proklova? not probable, two Events without interval
Gerasimova? not probable, she is not in good state
Ogoreltseva - most probably.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

IleK

On the Ice
wow Roza Sheveleva is now a coach in Russia
but isn't she too young not yet even in her 20 to be a coach ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxc2iSRNMzY&feature=youtu.be

I've seen there is a trend for young figure skating, not only russians, to give training lessons and coreograph programs for novice or junior skaters. And russian have figure skating in their blood, it is not a surprise they are starting to train from an early age. Eteri and Viktoria started coaching from an early age too, maybe not that early. It depends how long their carreer as a figure skater lasted.

Any news about the tests? How did the girls do? I am so curious to know that I can not think of anything else. I want to know especially about Nikol since she is the one I know nothing about from this season and because I have a soft spot for her:) I think she might become my favourite russian girl, but I don't want to get too enthusiastic about her, I just want her to have a very good season. I am afraid I will not bring her luck if I hope too much.

hanca

Record Breaker
I agree, I am surprised that nothing from the test skates leaked yet on the forum and on youtube.

mielikki

Rinkside
Any news about the tests? How did the girls do? I am so curious to know that I can not think of anything else. I want to know especially about Nikol since she is the one I know nothing about from this season and because I have a soft spot for her:) I think she might become my favourite russian girl, but I don't want to get too enthusiastic about her, I just want her to have a very good season. I am afraid I will not bring her luck if I hope too much.

Here Alexander Lakernik says the following:
- What can you say about young athlete Nikol Gosviani, who started to grow really strong the previous season?
- She's working. Some things she managed to cope with, some she didn't. Her programmes are good, we've pointed ще the flaws - Nikol needs more speed, more energy. And it's time to stop fearing something, she has to show herself!

I'm sorry if it sounds awkward, I'm not the best translator :eek::

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a heads up. Sotnikova, Gosviani, Agafonova are schedule to compete in the 1st Cup of Russia in Perm. Their short programs will be on Saturday, long on Sunday. For the men, Voronov, Bush, Gorshkov will compete. Short on Sunday, long on Monday. M/K competed their SD today (62.54) https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...&v=VM0-WWAjMR0, free dance will be tomorrow. Turkish team of Agafonova and Ucar were also there.

More videos will probably be uploaded to this youtube account https://www.youtube.com/user/Ericheni?feature=watch

FSGMT

Record Breaker
that is one horrible SD music
and no way will that score above 60+ in international

can't believe they beat S/B and S/Z for that host pick spot in Cup of Russia
with that kind of program :disapp:, I'd take an ill Bukin/Stepanova over these two.
Well, I actually thought it was terrific :biggrin: the pattern dance is very well-executed, and they skated with fire and attack from the first to the last second, a huge improvement in polish from the Test video! I think they still need a bit more speed during the step sequence (and throughout the whole program)...

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well, I actually thought it was terrific :biggrin: the pattern dance is very well-executed, and they skated with fire and attack from the first to the last second, a huge improvement in polish from the Test video! I think they still need a bit more speed during the step sequence (and throughout the whole program)...

It's hard to tell from the quality of the video. But knowing how hard Zhulin pushes his students, this dance looks difficult. It can look sort of awkward also if the pair lacks a natural dancey flair, with very soft knees. This was a first outing though, so I expected it to be rough. OTOH, why did she feel the need to lose so much weight? They don't seem to have much power and the lift looked hard today. Sometimes when people are overly criticising you (Monko) it pays to ignore them sometime, IMHO.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Results link for 1st stage Cup of Russia, Perm.
http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/1etap/index.htm

Schedule
September 12 (Thursday)

11.00 - 15.00 - Credentials Committee

15.30 - 16.00 - Meeting of judges

16.30 - 17.30 - The draw for the starting order

18.30 - 20.30 - Short Dance, CCM

20.45 - 21.30 - Short Dance, MS

September 13 (Friday)

14.00 - 16.45 - Girls CCM short program

17.00 - 17.30 - Couples CCM short program

17.45 - 18.15 - Couples, MS, Short Program

18.30 - 20.40 - Free Dance, CCM.

20.55 - 21.45 - Free Dance, MS.

September 14 (Saturday)

14.00 - 17.15 - Girls, CCM, any program

17.30 - 19.40 - Women, MS, Short Program

19.55 - 20.30 - Couples CCM Skating

20.45 - 21.40 - Couples, MS, Free Skating

September 15 (Sunday)

14.00 - 16.30 - Women, MS, Free Skating

16.45 - 19.30 - Boys, CCM, Short Program

19.45 - 20.25 - Male, MS, Short Program

September 16 (Monday)

11.00 - 14.15 - Boys, CCM, any program

14.30 - 15.15 - Men, MS, Free Skating

16.00 - Awarding of winners

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree, I am surprised that nothing from the test skates leaked yet on the forum and on youtube.

it was a closed skate test in Sochi
anyways here is one photoshoot with those who showed up for the test skates by instagram: http://instagram.com/p/eAVeFHiBdk/#

heard Tuk did'nt do that well in the Skates, still work in progress
I guess her weight issue is there to stay, I give her 10% chance of making the Olympics Team

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so unfair, its depressing :disapp: http://topspb.tv/news/news24134/

Tuk has been hounding and making media endorsements with Samsung
but what if she does not do well in the GP and Nationals ? I don't want her making the Olympic Team on the merits of a Samsung Sponsorship