2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If it would help I would send sotnikova some money to stop doing flips!! Does she have to be bribed? With the worst coaching in skating can outsiders try to bribe her to stop doing stupid things?

she has great skating skills and good presentation, but it kills me she is obsessed with 3F

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I can't watch the videos from here, so thank you for the info! And, I'm happy that Lipnitskaya is still using her 3Lz+3T!

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't know if this ought to go here as well (I've already posted, but more at lenght, on the Plushy fan thread), but:

Plushenko News_Eng‏@PlushenkoNews5h
RT @yanarudkovskaya: @anais167 Zhenya already 10 days jumping stable quadruple jump. Next days, 1st channnel will show it on the news!

http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/239879

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She needs to stop with the flips! If her free skate has two again outsiders and the federation need to flip lol.

Agree. She should do 3t-3t and 3lo, or if she really wants to do a lutz combo, 3lz-3t and 3lo, I know she has issues getting the 3t rotated but it wouldn't be such a big deal if she did 3lo instead which she rarely singles or falls on and executes with very good quality for the most part. Giving up points she doesn't need to by doing that flip.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agree. She should do 3t-3t and 3lo, or if she really wants to do a lutz combo, 3lz-3t and 3lo, I know she has issues getting the 3t rotated but it wouldn't be such a big deal if she did 3lo instead which she rarely singles or falls on and executes with very good quality for the most part. Giving up points she doesn't need to by doing that flip.

her attempting always 3F is now like an obsession of Mao's with the 3A

3Lo , she wont lose her that much points, and she can rack better GOE on her loops, one of her most stable jump

nipman

On the Ice
I can see that Adelina is more comfortable with 3Lo than 3T at the end of her combo. But, how about a 3Lo-3Lo? Is it worthy to try?

gmyers

Record Breaker

It's so obvious I don't understand what is going on where people knowingly put flips in her programs? It's so strange. I almost have to find theories on why she is and about Kulik while being coached by tarasova almost never ever did his long program well but it was never changed and then it clicked at just the right time. I think she just thinks because she's in total control that the flip will just click! There's no evidence it will but even with Kulik it was more conditioning and stamina and not technique? It's so confusing and bizarre? Or like with Mao and 3a. Just do it and it will click eventually!

hanca

Record Breaker
That would be an interesting experiment.

That would be stupid. How many 3L-3L has not been fully recognised in the last few years? She would end up like Zhang at US nationals. Everybody in the audience swore that it was rotated but it was downgraded anyway.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

If she did 3lo-3lo though she'd have to do a 3f or 3lz as her solo jump though, so either do her nemesis jump or get called for flutzing. Even though it has the lowest BV she'd probably maximize her points by doing 3t-3t and 3lo, because 1.) no flutz 2.) she can usually fully rotate that combo and 3.) no 3f which 75% of the time gets turned into 1f or 3f fall. The other thing about 3lz-3lo is that she really needs to wind up after she lands the lutz to do that combo, and I remember back in 2011-2012 season she kept falling on her lutz after she landed it because it seemed like she was trying to hold the landing edge long enough to get enough momentum to do the 3lo after it, but in most cases she'd either hold the edge too long or land at a weird angle and the result would be falling before she even took off for the 3lo.

Bottom line is that 3f especially and 3lz-3lo to a certain extent are bad juju combos for her and at this point she should just avoid doing them in a SP. Otherwise it's likely she'll not make GPF for the 3rd season in a row

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I have never seen her attempted a 3Lo-3Lo
maybe in practices, her problem is when she sticks the 3T in her 3Flz - it mostly gets UR because of her pitch forward landing
her 3Lo is one of old jump friend, so this could go in two ways, lol she'll still use 3F or 3Lz as a single jump if there is 3Lo-3Lo