2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

HR4

On the Ice
OMG Smirnov fell and could not finish the program. Moreover he could not even leave the ice without help. It loos like a big injurz according russian forum. I am so sorrz about him:cry:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
OMG Smirnov fell and could not finish the program. Moreover he could not even leave the ice without help. It loos like a big injurz according russian forum. I am so sorrz about him:cry:
:eek::cry: Please tell us more about this!!

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, no! I second FSGMT - if anyone has any information, please share! This sounds awful, and they are among my favourite pairs... (Second favourite after P/T.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

tulosai

Record Breaker
Moscow Open Championship

Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya did their Program run throughs with costumes

Lipnitskaya SP - same SP dress lovely
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1052CQRfdw&feature=player_embedded

Sotnikova SP - horrid costume, nothing about Carmen whatsoever in that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyHioNTwiuo&feature=player_embedded

Pogorilaya LP - Bram Stoker's dracula, she's in great form, can she make a spoiler ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4VpRKYkpY&feature=player_embedded

Julia's costume is beautiful and she is definitely screaming "look at MEEEE" to the Russian federation so far this season. Her double axle is downright scary sometimes though, no clue how she held onto this one. I really hope she'll work on her technique on this jump once this season is over. Probably it isn't her highest priority in an Olympic year.

Adelina's program has potential I think. That was a VERY nice spiral into the 2A, definitely a highlight for me. Agree the costume is a bit much. Overall I think she is a weaker skater than Julia now. The triple triple looked UR to me in real time.

Anna's gorgeous this year.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia's costume is beautiful and she is definitely screaming "look at MEEEE" to the Russian federation so far this season. Her double axle is downright scary sometimes though, no clue how she held onto this one. I really hope she'll work on her technique on this jump once this season is over. Probably it isn't her highest priority in an Olympic year.

Adelina's program has potential I think. That was a VERY nice spiral into the 2A, definitely a highlight for me. Agree the costume is a bit much. Overall I think she is a weaker skater than Julia now. The triple triple looked UR to me in real time.

Anna's gorgeous this year.

Julia is very smart , I mean she does that position, her head and shoulders in parallel when her 2A landing is off that is her way of negate -GOE's

Adelina's 3lz-3lo isnt even close rotating that second triple it probably would have been downgraded

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lovely program by Julia, but why on earth is she back to gloves? There are moments when her arms lack elegance and the gloves only draw more attention to that.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Adelina's costume has got to go, but I liked her program. It's not very "Carmen", but she does have a level of attack/sassiness to it which is Carmen-esque. Compared to Julia, she seems less like she's just going through the elements one after another (although Julia certainly executes hers better).

Kudos for trying her 3Z-3L, but it is massively underrotated, almost downgraded. I think the odd entry into the lutz is totally killing her speed, and she's better off going down the ice to get more flow out of her lutz.

That double axel spiral was a lovely highlight though, and I *love* the original positions in her final flying camel - just when I thought I'd seen every flying camel position.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
:confused: Julia has always been wearing gloves in all her costumes

I meant gloves when she's not wearing full length sleeves. I hate it when skaters without sleeves on their outfit wear gloves... it's a bit jarring, and inelegant, and reminds me of novice ice skaters.

And you're right, she's always had them. I thought she had dropped the gloves at one point when it came to her sleeveless dresses.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I actually enjoy the first half and the especially the intricacy of some of the footwork. He loses the character of the program though towards the end, and he could tone down some of the arm movements.

hanca

Record Breaker
I like Adelina's program and costume. I would be happy if Julia and Adelina were chosen for Olympics.

Country
Russia
Moscow Open Championship
Full title "Open Championship for Prises of President of Moscow Figure Skating Federation"
It is Novice Championship (sometimes with Juniors in some disciplines).

Not very high level competition.
But winners of it were:
Elena RADIONOVA
Julia LIPNITSKAIA
Alexander SAMARIN
Alexandra PROKLOVA
Maria SOTSKOVA
Elizaveta IUSHENKO

Anna POGORILAYA was silver medalist.

May be, winners of this season will be widely known in future.

Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya did their Program run throughs with costumes
They did not take place in this competition. After competitional skating was their test skate (before GP Events).
Two (Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya) of four are practicing at the ice rink of competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looks like 4S+2T and 4T (fall).

He is super cute but this program is super boring with frantic uncomposed movements. He should learn how to land his jumps as well.

put with Piseev's remarks and Tarasova's backing
he is pretty much in if Plushenko canno compete in Sochi, No one else

lets not forget the Tarasova overhype of 2 qauds in SP with this 4T ans 4S in Kovtun
he needs to take out that 4S though, I don't think he can land that in an actual competition

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Lipnitskaya was :love: with a program like this she will be unbeatable in Canada!!
But I think that Sotnikova is SO better overall, and finally she's skating clean SPs (even with the UR combo)... I ADORE this program, it's my favourite Senior Ladies SP so far this season! :yes: