2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

bramweld

Record Breaker
Get the feeling that she is too tense when she skates, it doesn't flow or seem easy. Either this girl has a serious case of the nerves or she's not too confident about her technique, or both. I wish she could try a different coaching team.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Kovtun needs more time. His posture and stamina are still lacking. But his costume is charming.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Sotnikova - LP - popped a flip as usual and 1 fall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n64QUkyJlLs

Kovtun LP - run through program jumps of 4S, 4T, 3Lz (weakest jump) and 3As
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLp5IIiR-A

When will she stop doing two flips? I just wonder if this singling is planned maybe as strategy for some reason. No competent coaching staff or skater would keep Doing something they can never ever do unless it's part of a plan that she knows she will go to Sochi and in Sochi will land 3 flip and 3 flip 2 toe 2 toe and it will be hailed as a great skating to fullest potential moment. Unless they are all just totally bizarre people who refuse to beleieve she can't do 2 flips in a fs and will never change it ever because they are in the worst denial ever to afflict a skaters coaching team in history and maybe the skater themselves.

I just wish kovtun would go back to Jrs and go to jr gp and jr Worlds and then go sr as part of a plan because this jump to seniors couldn't be going more poorly and is sad.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
When will she stop doing two flips? I just wonder if this singling is planned maybe as strategy for some reason. No competent coaching staff or skater would keep Doing something they can never ever do unless it's part of a plan that she knows she will go to Sochi and in Sochi will land 3 flip and 3 flip 2 toe 2 toe and it will be hailed as a great skating to fullest potential moment. Unless they are all just totally bizarre people who refuse to beleieve she can't do 2 flips in a fs and will never change it ever because they are in the worst denial ever to afflict a skaters coaching team in history and maybe the skater themselves.

I just wish kovtun would go back to Jrs and go to jr gp and jr Worlds and then go sr as part of a plan because this jump to seniors couldn't be going more poorly and is sad.
:thumbsup: agree

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Maybe in training she can do it and in competition she just has nerves problems? Anyway, it could be good to try to do 2 loops, which is a solid jump for her (don't forget that with two loops the loop could become her enemy jump and flip a "really solid jump", because she would have to do a lot of them: it's a mental thing!), but, since she doesn't want to make her BV lower repeating the toeloop/salchow, she has to choose: the lutz has the highest BV but edge calls would affect badly her GOE, so she has only the flip and the loop

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Positive aspect about Sotnikova: she finally landed a clean 2A+3T!! :clap: Her 2A looks really improved compared to the past to me :yes:

Progressing with each skate this season. Right on track to peak in time for all important Russian Nationals

Macassar88

Medalist
Bobrova-Soloviev SD - 74.17
Marilyn Monroe: Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-LVJA2l4A&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for the link! Looks a bit rough and lacking in some places, but that's to be expected since they just changed it. I think it's much better than their previous SD, and I love that they don't do any hops or skips in their NT steps. Only thing that I wish they could have done differently was use Pasha's recording instead of Marilyn's! :laugh:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
slow and boring. Why didn't they stick with the other dance? It was beautiful!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nikol Gosviani competed in this week's senior B Golden Bear

SP: 3F+3T< (fall), 2A, 3Lz.
Score: 58.30

FS: 3F+3T, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lz+2T, 2S, 3F, 3T+2T
Score: 117.54

Good scores. I guess she did this senior B to bump her World Ranking before her two GP's (she took silver at Ondrej Nepela)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Nikol Gosviani competed in this week's senior B Golden Bear

SP: 3F+3T< (fall), 2A, 3Lz.
Score: 58.30

FS: 3F+3T, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lz+2T, 2S, 3F, 3T+2T
Score: 117.54

Good scores. I guess she did this senior B to bump her World Ranking before her two GP's (she took silver at Ondrej Nepela)

her scores are too inflated 58+ with a 3-3 fall
117 FS is more like 108+ in a GP

hanca

Record Breaker
Leonova withdrew from her GP event. Does it mean that she has to qualify for competing at Russian nationals?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Panin Memorial October 30-Nov 1, 2013
Leonova with very low TES but inflated PCS :rolleye:

Ladies SP results http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/mishin_cup13/SEG009.HTM

Alena Leonova SP - Pirates of the Carribbean again

3T-2T ? 3F - fall, 2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GTuw782I8&feature=player_embedded

1 Alena Leonova M / C 54.50
2 Eric KANUKOVA MOS 50.22
3 Antonina DUBININA MOB 48.27
4 Elizabeth SIZOVA MOS 45.88
5 Irina Kosarev MOS 45.85
6 Elizabeth KARAGOZOVA RND 40.35
7 Veronica Checherina YARO 38.70
8 Arina CHERNOVA MOS 38.45
9 Veronica GOROKHOVAYA SPB 38.05
10 Julia Rashevsky BEL 36.76
11 Catherine TEKTONIDI MOS 36.54
12 Vera Nadeeva MOB 35.23
13 Catherine KOZLOVSKAYA SPB 34.21
14 Anastasia Bogatyrevs SPB 26.80

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rumor has it that there appears to be trouble in camp Mishin and one of his little birdies (Gachinsky) has flown the coop :jaw:

and is moving to Moscow to Vasiliev????.......................Please God, anyone but Sokolovskaya :slink: