Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT
    Any clip of her (complete) FS? The one posted in this thread (Summer) didn't look like a competition program...
    It looked like the 2nd half of her LP to me, maybe that's all she did?

I can't really decide if I like her going back to 3Lz3Lo or not. I love 3-3Lo combos and think they're a lot more beautiful to look at than 3-3T combos, in addition to being rarer too (partly of course, because the ISU has pretty much killed them...). It just would have been better, if they had worked on some of the problems that caused Adelinas trouble with the 3Lz3T to begin with, instead of just going back to an older combo that didn't really work either. She has really powerful jumps and gets good height on them, so if they fixed her technique, a 3Lz3T should be possible to do for her. But even more important then the 3-3, IMO, would it be to fix the flutz first.

Custom Title
    Satoko's jumps aren't that good, but about the same as Julia's.[/QUOTE]

Really?Just..really?

~high art~
    The last good 3Lo combo is Miki Ando's 3Lz+3Lo at 2007 Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    The last good 3Lo combo is Miki Ando's 3Lz+3Lo at 2007 Worlds.
    Did you watch Adelina's FS at 2011 JWorlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    But even more important then the 3-3, IMO, would it be to fix the flutz first.
    Agreed. She can't get +GOE on a lutz combo if she flutzes. She did relatively well with the 3T-3T in the SP last year so maybe she could do a solo 3Z. That would probably get her the most points since she has a good chance of getting +GOE on the combo and possibly on the solo jump if she gets the right edge on takeoff.

All the Tuktamysheva critics are going eat their words when Liza emerges as Russia's number one this season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    All the Tuktamysheva critics are going eat their words when Liza emerges as Russia's number one this season.
    I would love to be proven wrong but she has horrible programs this season

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Lol it's almost an improvement over previous comments and behavior but still needs yet another warning on proper behavior.
    probably one more warning left

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Maybe...but at this point Julia and Anna are looking better than what we've seen of Liza and Adelina in those videos so idk. Plus Liza's new SP is terrible. And we haven't even seen Polina K. and Perkova skate yet so idk what to think at this point. Liza definitely can pull it together but the question is will she. And with Adelina, she looks in great shape but the jumps are still scary. Maybe the ice was bad yesterday or something but I am still worried.

Banned
    cant we stop pls with Polina K. and Pogorilaya

Polina K. is a shadow of her former shelf, she grew even taller and probably has more problem with jumps
    she is taller than Volchkova now btw, Pogorilaya is Shelepn 2.0, so I dont think she will be challenging
    we'll have to wait for Leonova

Custom Title
    I agree that Pogorilaya is a copy of Shelepen a few years ago. She has lovely jumps but she hasn't learned to present properly. Her skating looks still a bit untidy/sloppy. I am sure she still has plenty of time to develop and become elegant if she works on it, but I can't see her being very successful at senior level at this moment yet. I don't think having jumps will be enough at this moment for senior level. Maybe when the 'old guard' retire...

Custom Title
    Old guard of Russia? lol the issue is can Anna beat Liza and Adelina and now it is yes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Agree. I'm worried either it's a deep-rooted technique issue or that her nerves are getting the better of her at all times, even in a laid back atmosphere like this. Hopefully it was just a bad run-through and not par for what to expect from her this season. The spins look good though and the spiral has beautiful extension, but even so, she needs the jumps. Also she does that Miki Ando stick-your-butt-out and bend forward while stroking thing which is distracting.
    It's poor jumping technique. The videos of her programs show that she hasn't even attempted to correct her issues. The edge still wobbles back and forth, like Caroline Zhang's, on her flip entry. She still has a major flutz. Although I guess going for 3Flutz-3Loop< is smart. She can't rotate back end triples in combination anyway, so why not go for the 3Lo<. It will give her more points than her usual 3T<.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I agree that Pogorilaya is a copy of Shelepen a few years ago. She has lovely jumps but she hasn't learned to present properly. Her skating looks still a bit untidy/sloppy. I am sure she still has plenty of time to develop and become elegant if she works on it, but I can't see her being very successful at senior level at this moment yet. I don't think having jumps will be enough at this moment for senior level. Maybe when the 'old guard' retire...
    Please, Pogorilaya is much better than Shelepen already (and for awhile there, Shelepen was actually quite good). While I agree they have a number of similarities (3-3s, strong jumps, body type, etc.), in 3 months of international competition Pogorilaya put up a PB score 5 points higher (167+) than the PB it took Shelepen nearly 3 years to earn (162+). Plus, Anna medaled at JW on her first try while Polina went 3 times and never medaled (never exceeded the score Anna put up there either, and that was not even Anna skating anywhere close to her best). Plus I feel like although she is still gawky and sloppy at times, Anna's presentation as well as basics (speed, stroking, etc) are already better than Polina, you can tell from her PCS, Shelepen's was always so low until 2011-2012 season when she was really making strides, while Pogorilaya's PCS was always among the highest at the junior internationals, and even decent at senior nationals. Further, to be fair to Polina, if I'm being honest she really was doing quite well and improving a lot once she adjusted to her new height and before she went to Sokolovskaya and got injured.

Anyways, if Adelina and Liza are having such issues with their jumps, then they should be able to get beaten by someone with lesser presentation landing their jumps, that's how the sport should work.

Custom Title
    Also Polina K. has always been tall, she's only a couple centimeters taller now than she was back in 2011-2012 season when she was jumping like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qVDWz7A6Lo . Sorry but if she can skate like that again there is a GOOD chance she could beat a Liza or Adelina falling all over the place at Nationals.

Custom Title
    how about Nikol GOSVIANI

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast