2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

cinnamon

On the Ice
I really like Polina Agafonova but I wish she had more speed in her skating and consistency in her jumps. I am glad she seems more consistent this season, although it's still early to tell.

Good news, she is more consistent. I'd love to see her video.

mielikki

Rinkside
Any news about Nikol Gosviani? Is she still training with Urmanov and why she didn't compete at the Tests. I hope she is not injured. I really liked her last year. I don't want her to suddenly disappear because all the very good youngsters. She really is special and I hope that if they didn't give her a GP at least we would see her at a Senior B event.
Nikol is fine and still with Urmanov.
Here are photos from Moskvina-Vasiliev-Urmanov master class in Igora on July 27 where she performed.
Here is Alexei's interview in Russian, dated August 7, as far as I understand they were in the training camp in Italy, next heading to the test skate in Sochi. She has two completely new programmes, both classical style with modern elements. He doesn't name the music, though.

IleK

On the Ice
Nikol is fine and still with Urmanov.
Here are photos from Moskvina-Vasiliev-Urmanov master class in Igora on July 27 where she performed.
Here is Alexei's interview in Russian, dated August 7, as far as I understand they were in the training camp in Italy, next heading to the test skate in Sochi. She has two completely new programmes, both classical style with modern elements. He doesn't name the music, though.

Thank you! I'm happy to hear that. I liked what Urmanov said and he gives me high hopes for her, not for the Oly of course, though you never know, but for the years to come. And I think that TBA at Rostelecom that I forgot about it should definetely go to her. Afterall she did finished 6th at Euros and all the other girls who placed before her at Nationals, the junior world medalist and Alena got 2 GP already. She looks fit and beautiful. I hope she still has the 3F-3T, her body doesn't look very much changed from last year. Maybe she grew a little bit taller even though it's hard for me to say seeing those pictures.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think that I didn't understand well: was the event in Rubleva the official Test Skate of the Russian Federation? It was usually held in September... :think: will there be another test?

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think that I didn't understand well: was the event in Rubleva the official Test Skate of the Russian Federation? It was usually held in September... :think: will there be another test?

To the best of my knowledge that was an informal exhibition thrown together for those in Moscow or those interested in showing progress made over the summer. The team is officially to gather in Sochi on or around August 27th, to begin a training camp there. As of now officially test skates are to be held in early September and will be closed to all.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
To the best of my knowledge that was an informal exhibition thrown together for those in Moscow or those interested in showing progress made over the summer. The team is officially to gather in Sochi on or around August 27th, to begin a training camp there. As of now officially test skates are to be held in early September and will be closed to all.
Last year we had videos, so they changed this year...

mielikki

Rinkside

No, it wasn't.
Official test skate for Team Russia (35 skaters of the main team) will be in Sochi, closed, wich means without public and press. In her speculation on the matter Elena Vaitsekhovskaya hints that probably that's because there's still nothing for the press (including Internet connection) and no transport to get to the venue.
Some skaters (Liza, Evgeni, Maxim) are already in Sochi now, training there.

If I got it right, the event in Moscow was local (no those from St. Petersburg, no Morozov's, no Pavlova's). Kovtun and Voronov mentioned in their interviews that they were informed about particiapion there only the day before the event.

Country
Russia
Is there any info about the Russian entries in ice dance on the JGP this year?

Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD I have never heard of before, and they are entered for JGP Riga.

She is 10 Dec 1998, he 14 Dec 1995.
They skate in couple from season 2012/2013 (before skated with other partners).
11 place at JrNats (107.26)
5 place an Nats Elder Age (118.42)

Video Test Skate 17 Aug 2013, FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-UG5hmN_g
Video Nats Elder Age 2013 FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaF_CjjU2o

bramweld

Record Breaker
Last year we had videos, so they changed this year...

Yes, also I think Zhulin doesn't want too much interference from TAT so he wants to show his programs now hoping to get overwhelming positive feedback for his teams.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, also I think Zhulin doesn't want too much interference from TAT so he wants to show his programs now hoping to get overwhelming positive feedback for his teams.
Sorry, but what does this have to do with the videos? :confused:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
From the horse's mouth

EV: Do you have enough time to think about anything but the elements during the skate? I.e. does the music invoke any feelings?
JL: I think first one has to skate the programme on an autopilot. Only then you can start thinking about the emotions. Then the emotions are there, but don't take off the attention. I once tried skating with `the emotions'. I was smiling, moving my head, arms... and missed 3 elements. Then I realized that the emotions are nice, but they are useless in our sport if they come without the elements.

So if you think Julia totally ignored the music, you are right. She just found it too difficult to skate with "emotions" How cute.

EV: Does he [Sergey Voronov] motivate you?
JL: I think it's the other way around. Actually it took me a while to get used skating with him on the same ice: he usually works with a background music. I got used to skate with no music at all and I only put it on when working on certain programmes parts. But then when I skate clean I see how it motivates Sergey - he is trying to skate clean as well.
What a shocker. This girl is skating in a vacuum. Music is like background noise. Who cares!

Cherryy

On the Ice
So if you think Julia totally ignored the music, you are right. She just found it too difficult to skate with "emotions" How cute.

oh God, I didn't realize it was that bad. Even I was taught to always to try to make each elements and preceding steps with the rhytm of the random music that was in the background. On the other hand we see it's not entirely only her fault - she was taught to skate without music and noone told her there's something wrong if you're not projecting your emotions. I thought she just couldn't open herself to the audience but the truth is, she doesn't want to and probably won't do it.

bramweld

Record Breaker
oh God, I didn't realize it was that bad. Even I was taught to always to try to make each elements and preceding steps with the rhytm of the random music that was in the background. On the other hand we see it's not entirely only her fault - she was taught to skate without music and noone told her there's something wrong if you're not projecting your emotions. I thought she just couldn't open herself to the audience but the truth is, she doesn't want to and probably won't do it.

Exactly, the child skates like a wind up toy. In my humble opinion Adelina is only marginally better because she is so focused on landing the jumps. What Russia needs is a good singles coach for women. Radionova's coach and Victoria Volchkova seem to have a clue.

I digress. But as per Julia, all they've done to make her wooden skating not look so obvious is make her choreography less busy.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

:rolleye:
and if you read the whole interview she has said she has gotten used to playing with the music
it is just in the start of the season while preparing a program she does elements and jumps before incorporating any music

and "emotions" really nat that of help if you fall all the time like Sotnikova or Czisny

gmyers

Record Breaker
Haha, you're so funny. :)
I ignored gmyers so didn't see what the post was about until you quoted that.
It's an expression, but anyway, another one to ignore.

Not from you and your past with your dogs and squid! You think you are being clever finding a loophole? You have been warned to stop!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It is a bit troubling that so many of the promising skaters like Julia, Gracie, Courtney, and many other have absolutely no musicality at all. It's not a good sign for the future of the sport when the top 3 retire and one of these women become the face of skating.