2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

hanca

Record Breaker
I find it odd they are duking Julia and Tuk at Finlandia and Cup of Russia
I think they are up to something ? maybe they are testing who will have better results from the two

does this mean Adelina is a shoo in for the Olympics ? :unsure:

It may also mean that both of them were interested in doing a senior B competition before the GP starts to test their programs and there isn't that many competitions available...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It may also mean that both of them were interested in doing a senior B competition before the GP starts to test their programs and there isn't that many competitions available...

there are other B competitions that are almost of the same dates Finlandia, Nebelhorn, Ondrej Nepala
I don't think its a coincidence they are giving Julia and Tuk to the same events at Cup of Russia and Finlandia

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gachinski is also named to Finlandia (I had heard) and Plushenko will be at The Cup of Russia event. As Mishin likes to take his skaters around in a group, I don't see anything unusual about Tuktamysheva also doing those two events.

hanca

Record Breaker
there are other B competitions that are almost of the same dates Finlandia, Nebelhorn, Ondrej Nepala
I don't think its a coincidence they are giving Julia and Tuk to the same events at Cup of Russia and Finlandia

Yes but for Ondrej Nepela there are already two Russian entries in ladies, and Nebelhorn is only 1 entry allowed, and then there is nothing else ...

IleK

On the Ice
Alena Leonova and Maksim Kovtun were added to the Lombardia Trophy entry list. It was about time for Leonova.
I don't think that Adelina is a lock for the Olympics but at this moment she is the favourite because she had the best results at Euros and Worlds. And I think she deserves to be a favourite. As for Liza and Julia I wouldn't worry for Julia, but for Liza. I think that Julia has almost 100% chances to make the Olympics. She is very determined and she is in very good shape this year. Liza looks at least as worse as last year if I may say so. I happen to like in one way or another all the olympics contenders except Alena. And I can't really decide who I would like to see at The Olympics. I think Adelina and Julia would be a wise choice. Then I would like to see both of them and Nikol at euros and Adelina, Julia and Liza at worlds so that they all have a chance.

IleK

On the Ice
My mistake, I don't know why I thought they have 3 spots at Worlds. Maybe because it would have solved the problem. And I ment Liza looks "as bad as last year",I hope she proves me wrong and shows a stable 3lz-3T.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Best case for Adelina is that in a SP she can usually get all elements done. Even when 3/3 is hit with e and <. Could be worse it could be a 3+combo or 3/2 with e. Free skates she can usually get all spins level 4 with step sequence and get 3 or 4 out of the seven jumping passes. With highest PCS That technical content could get her to the Olympics. Of course at the Olympics she would probably not get top 10 but whatever.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Gachinski is also named to Finlandia (I had heard) and Plushenko will be at The Cup of Russia event. As Mishin likes to take his skaters around in a group, I don't see anything unusual about Tuktamysheva also doing those two events.

Plushy won't skate in Perm. Yana wrote it in her tweet.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Russian skating team is looking very precarious. As the host they really want to put on a show but they only had two ladies qualify after last year's melt down and it is apparent none of the baby ballerinas are really ready to take on the big girls. Pushy is really the hope for the men and they only have one spot. And it is apparent the king is really injured and time and age is not his friend. Gatchinksi, Kovutun and the rest are really not threats yet. In dance B and S and I and K take turns but neither h as really lived to their potential and both have trouble technically which leaves them really vulnerable. Pairs is their brightest hope with V and T. But I still cheer deep in my heart for K and S - the forgotten team which looked to be overtaken by B and L and then the veteran team came back. I would love for them to have a break through year. the ladies is a battle but it did sound like Makarova is out but even at her age wants to return for a try in 2018. Julia, Adellina or Liza or maybe even Alena - only two spots. One wonders will Ovarchova have a break through year?

gmyers

Record Breaker
The Russian skating team is looking very precarious. As the host they really want to put on a show but they only had two ladies qualify after last year's melt down and it is apparent none of the baby ballerinas are really ready to take on the big girls. Pushy is really the hope for the men and they only have one spot. And it is apparent the king is really injured and time and age is not his friend. Gatchinksi, Kovutun and the rest are really not threats yet. In dance B and S and I and K take turns but neither h as really lived to their potential and both have trouble technically which leaves them really vulnerable. Pairs is their brightest hope with V and T. But I still cheer deep in my heart for K and S - the forgotten team which looked to be overtaken by B and L and then the veteran team came back. I would love for them to have a break through year. the ladies is a battle but it did sound like Makarova is out but even at her age wants to return for a try in 2018. Julia, Adellina or Liza or maybe even Alena - only two spots. One wonders will Ovarchova have a break through year?

Ovcharova has nothing to do with Russia! She is Swiss now. It's not a newsflash that singles is a mess! Dance is barely in the third spot in the world! Makarova has nothing to do with competitve skating and never will again! If she does she says its for US or Russia she doesn't know at all!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Very sad for Konstantin but at the same time ecstatic for Artur.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I find it odd they are duking Julia and Tuk at Finlandia and Cup of Russia
I think they are up to something ? maybe they are testing who will have better results from the two

does this mean Adelina is a shoo in for the Olympics ? :unsure:

I'd say Adelina had the best season of the Russians last year. (She wasn't the best every competition but overall had the best results.) She also gets the best PCS from international judging panels. Of course if she has a bad season and the others do very well she can lose the spot but I think at this point she is the clear frontrunner for the Olympic team.

Country
Russia
Very sad for Konstantin but at the same time ecstatic for Artur.
The same was for me at JGP Riga, Junior Ladies.

Happy of 1st place for Medvedeva, sad of 2nd (more correctly - non-first) place for Sotskova.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'd say Adelina had the best season of the Russians last year. (She wasn't the best every competition but overall had the best results.) She also gets the best PCS from international judging panels. Of course if she has a bad season and the others do very well she can lose the spot but I think at this point she is the clear frontrunner for the Olympic team.

Liza and Julia qualified for the gpf. Adelina was inferior to liza and Julia overall. Tarasova being adelina's coach means that like kovtun her results don't matter so she Could be named to the Russian Olympic team tomorrow but she was totally inferior to Liza and Julia.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Liza and Julia qualified for the gpf. Adelina was inferior to liza and Julia overall. Tarasova being adelina's coach means that like kovtun her results don't matter so she Could be named to the Russian Olympic team tomorrow but she was totally inferior to Liza and Julia.

Adelina finished ahead of Liza at both Euros and Worlds -the two biggest events at their year. They were back-to-back in terms of placement at these events, but to say she was 'totally' inferior to Liza is not backed up by the results at the two most important competitions of the year for them.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

So.. making the GPF, which reflects early season form, is your sole criteria for saying who was clearly better between Liza and Adelina and not placements at Euros and Worlds where they were head to head. Interesting :rolleye:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
very sad so Stepanova/Bukin gets only 1 GP as well as Sinitsina/Zhiganshin :disapp:
I did read recently Bukin fell ill and they may not be in top form this season

but to invest in Monko/Khaliavin , really ? :unsure:
I mean they have good programs this season but they have the same height, no future whatsoever, what did M/K achieve ?

S/Z and S/B are Junior World Champions !