2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

tulosai

Record Breaker
Julia is very smart , I mean she does that position, her head and shoulders in parallel when her 2A landing is off that is her way of negate -GOE's

I love Julia (maybe even as much as you ) but she is not smart about the 2A. If she (or her coaches) were smart about it they'd fix it instead of waiting for her to break a leg or an ankle one time when she does it. I don't think her 'faking it till you make it' way of trying to appear she is doing it well is much helping her GOE- even I can see through it and am literally frightened for her sometimes when the jump is in the air, and I am by no means trained the way a judge might be. I am happy for her that she continues to land the jump without injury, but it really is a disaster waiting to happen.

ETA: I also wouldn't feel so strongly about this if I thought she couldn't fix the technique or it would take her years to do so, like Mao with her lutz (not picking on Mao, just the first thing to come to mind). I do think she has the muscle and the spring and the training to step up into the jump more, though. I'm not saying she just has to wave a wand and it will happen, but she can do it, I really believe this.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, the problem with her 2A is the technique: instead of going straight up into the air ("jumping") she rotates fast enough to do 2 and a half revolutions, she's practically spinning in the air, not really "jumping", she has to learn how to use her free leg to push herself up and obtain a better height... This kind of thing should have been fixed before, because it surely takes a lot of time and is difficult (just look at Mao's flip and lutz), but she can do it, and it would really help her, since she's not out of puberty yet so there is still the chance that she could lose this jump after it...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate America: Gachinsky just had a nasty fall. Grabbed his back and was on was on the ice for a minute or so. Struggled to get up. He is off the ice. Hope he didn't hurt himself

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Skate America: Gachinsky just had a nasty fall. Grabbed his back and was on was on the ice for a minute or so. Struggled to get up. He is off the ice. Hope he didn't hurt himself
Where did you find this??

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't have to find it, the whole thing happened right in front of me. I'm at the practice now and it was one nasty fall. He looked in pain. He fell, rolled over grabbed his back, then rolled to his stomach and struggled to get up. Brown went over to see if he was okay. He went to the boards still grabbing his back. Skated around and left.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Didn't have to find it, the whole thing happened right in front of me. I'm at the practice now and it was one nasty fall. He looked in pain. He fell, rolled over grabbed his back, then rolled to his stomach and struggled to get up. Brown went over to see if he was okay. He went to the boards still grabbing his back. Skated around and left.
Oh, so could you please report your impressions (and some jumps information :biggrin: ) when you have time?

tulosai

Record Breaker
looks like another withdrawal for the GP ?

Unsure based on info we have. He might just need ice and some approved painkiller shots if he really wants to go forward. He might even just need rest. You can have a nasty fall and a nasty bruise and still skate okay 24+ hours later. Of course it might be very serious. Impossible to tell right now IMO.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a thread to report it? That's why I posted it here. Missed most of the Tukt and Radio practice but from the little I saw, Tukt was a little rough, Radio looked good she landed some great combos. Gachinsky popped everything. His entire practice before he left was rough. I think the only triples he landed were popped quads. None of the Russian pairs showed up.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Is there a thread to report it? That's why I posted it here. Missed most of the Tukt and Radio practice but from the little I saw, Tukt was a little rough, Radio looked good she landed some great combos. Gachinsky popped everything. His entire practice before he left was rough. I think the only triples he landed were popped quads. None of the Russian pairs showed up.
You can start a thread for this ;) Or there is a thread were the "SA Fluff" is included I think

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

OMG! I can't believe...:(((

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh noooooooooooo! :(

I hope they're just taking precautions :(

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is there a thread to report it? That's why I posted it here.

You can start a thread for this ;) Or there is a thread were the "SA Fluff" is included I think

DobrinFan, just my two cents :):
If you want to start a thread for "Skate America practice reports" in the Skate America section of the Competitions forum, I think your eyewitness observations would attract a lot of interest there.
(IMHO, your reports do not belong in the Fluff thread. I fear they would get overlooked in that one.)
In any case: Спасибо for any and all updates from Skate America. :bow:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Positive aspect about Sotnikova: she finally landed a clean 2A+3T!! :clap: Her 2A looks really improved compared to the past to me :yes:

Moment

Final Flight
Adelina's 2Axel is big and solid.

The Salchow attempt on which she fell was underrotated. And of course the second 3loop< from the opening combo.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
She isn't falling on the 3Z-3R, which makes me think she is spending a lot of time on it. However, I wish she wouldn't because that is never going to get +GOE with the edge call and the UR. Her time is better spent fixing her other jumps, but that's just my opinion.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Adelina's 2Axel is big and solid.

The Salchow attempt on which she fell was underrotated. And of course the second 3loop< from the opening combo.

It looked to me like she didn't UR the 3L on her opening combo (she certainly rotated it much better than her 3Z-3L in the SP).