Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I agree, I am surprised that nothing from the test skates leaked yet on the forum and on youtube.
    it was a closed skate test in Sochi
    anyways here is one photoshoot with those who showed up for the test skates by instagram: http://instagram.com/p/eAVeFHiBdk/#

heard Tuk did'nt do that well in the Skates, still work in progress
    I guess her weight issue is there to stay, I give her 10% chance of making the Olympics Team

so unfair, its depressing http://topspb.tv/news/news24134/

Tuk has been hounding and making media endorsements with Samsung
    but what if she does not do well in the GP and Nationals ? I don't want her making the Olympic Team on the merits of a Samsung Sponsorship

Custom Title
    Hope there are more videos posted from the event today. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post

apparently Sotnikova was wearing her training black suit and was using the competition as a run through
    her 3-3 didnt get a bonus like Gosviani's 3-3 even with falling in it,

Sotnikova's 3lz-3lo was UR ?

~high art~
    It's time she realized she couldn't rotate that second 3loop for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    It's time she realized she couldn't rotate that second 3loop for good.
    yep her 3loop combo looked UR to me
    but it doesnt matter most of her 3-3 will be dinged with UR either a 3T or 3Lo

its one of those fluke days she didnt popped her Flip, lol
    good personality and step sequence but she needs technique overhaul too late for that now
    maybe after 2014 ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Nikol looks fantastic, physically, the jumps, the spins. If Tuk and Sot aren't skating up to par they better watch out for Gosviani! She already has much better lines than both of them so if she can continue jumping well...

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Nikol looks fantastic, physically, the jumps, the spins. If Tuk and Sot aren't skating up to par they better watch out for Gosviani! She already has much better lines than both of them so if she can continue jumping well...
    I don't think so
    Nikol's 3-3 is only 3T-3T and 3F-3T and a terrible technique at that
    she'll get low PCS maybe match Tuks average PCS on a very good day
    but she wont be getting the same PCS as Sotnikova

A 3Flutz+3Lo< is better than a 3Flutz+3T<, and she's landing it (last year during the first half of the season she almost always fell or stepped out of the 3Lz+3T), and at least the flip was there! I'm not disappointed at all, I think that with a program like this she could be in the top3 in a GP, she could easily challenge Murakami/Li/Pogorilaya, even with the "e" and the <...

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    yep her 3loop combo looked UR to me
    but it doesnt matter most of her 3-3 will be dinged with UR either a 3T or 3Lo

its one of those fluke days she didnt popped her Flip, lol
    good personality and step sequence but she needs technique overhaul too late for that now
    maybe after 2014 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    A 3Flutz+3Lo< is better than a 3Flutz+3T<, and she's landing it (last year during the first half of the season she almost always fell or stepped out of the 3Lz+3T), and at least the flip was there! I'm not disappointed at all, I think that with a program like this she could be in the top3 in a GP, she could easily challenge Murakami/Li/Pogorilaya, even with the "e" and the <...
    She could clean up her technique and actually rotate the second toe loop. It is what she has to do if she wants to stay at the elite level.

This 3Lz (e)+3Lo combo is very close to half a turn short on the second loop, so it just isn't working no matter how she does it.

Custom Title
    It's the Tarasova mentality that when she needs to 3Lz-3L clean she will! Like Mao and her axels or Kulik and the last minute of a free skate. I don't see it changing at any point during the season because they just do not accept that she can't do 3/3 clean or two flips in a FS. A lot of time last season the triple flip was done in the SP. Why she can't do two in a FS is a cause of frustration in the coaches but they will not stop giving her 2 flips.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast