Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I understand that in some Russian domestic competitions, there are bonus points awarded if the ladies do a 3-3 combo (I don't know if it applies to the men or if there is a different bonus for the guys).
    Thank you.

That's funny tho, there should be a 3Axel bonus or something as well.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    I know people are going to complain about me talking up my personal favourites, but I don’t care – I’m going to do it anyway!

I have to say, I am VERY disappointed to see that Kristina Zaseeva only managed to get 10th place overall, especially after being 6th in the SP. But, after watching the video of her FS, I can see why she only managed 11th in the FS. There were too many times when there were things touching the ice that shouldn’t have been – namely her hands and her backside!

Early on, there were quite a few times that her hand was dragging along the ice. But, it was the THREE falls that really did it for her.

I know Kristina is better than that. But, I don’t know much about the Russian qualifying system. So, will she be able to get another chance to qualify?

I really hope that she is not knocked out completely because of one bad skate.

But congratulations to one of my favourite skaters (of any nationality!), Adelina, for winning both the SP and FS!!! And to another of my Russian favourites, Nikol, for finishing in the top 4 in both SP and FS.

CaroLiza_fan

^Basically it runs just like the ISU grand prix. You get 2 shots (5 events), each spot has a point assigned to it. They rank you based off your sum total of both events and the highest ranked gets to compete at nationals. You can also earn a spot to nationals by participating on the ISU senior grand prix or making the junior grand prix finals. So basically there are 8 senior girls competing on the ISU grand prix who are guaranteed spots as well as 3 to 4 juniors who will make the finals. So that leaves about 6 to 7 spots available to everyone else including Kristina. She has no shot at making nationals this year b/c of her low placement here sorry. The coaching board could invite her by replacing someone else (like they did Samarin last year) but there are way more than 7 girls who are better than she is so that's not likely.

Last year for example Agafonova was 3rd alternate due to 2 5th place finishes. Gosviani did a little better and was 1st alternate but due to 2 withdrawals she got to compete. Kristina has no chance at competing at nationals due to her 10th place here.

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    ^Basically it runs just like the ISU grand prix. You get 2 shots (5 events), each spot has a point assigned to it. They rank you based off your sum total of both events and the highest ranked gets to compete at nationals. You can also earn a spot to nationals by participating on the ISU senior grand prix or making the junior grand prix finals. So basically there are 8 senior girls competing on the ISU grand prix who are guaranteed spots as well as 3 to 4 juniors who will make the finals. So that leaves about 6 to 7 spots available to everyone else including Kristina. She has no shot at making nationals this year b/c of her low placement here sorry. The coaching board could invite her by replacing someone else (like they did Samarin last year) but there are way more than 7 girls who are better than she is so that's not likely.

Last year for example Agafonova was 3rd alternate due to 2 5th place finishes. Gosviani did a little better and was 1st alternate but due to 2 withdrawals she got to compete. Kristina has no chance at competing at nationals due to her 10th place here.
    Thank you for clarifying the system, DobrinFan. I wasn't sure if you only got one shot at qualifying or whether you could enter another, later qualifying event to try again.

But, since qualifying is based on two results rather than just your best result, I see that the game is up for Kristina this year. To be honest, I thought the 10th place overall wouldn't be good enough to have a realistic chance of going through. But, it was a question worth asking, just to make sure.

You see, I also had Polina Agafanova in mind when I asked the question (she had a disappointing 9th in the FS, which dropped her to 7th overall after being 5th in the SP). But I decided to use Kristina as the example as she had plumeted further than Polina.

Plus, I like Kristina, and I wanted to emphasise to those unfamiliar with her that she can do a LOT better!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Emphasize on

I'm so upset with Agafonova though and judging from some pictures so is she Happy for her training mates Gorshkov and Artemieva since they both missed last season for various reasons

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I understand that in some Russian domestic competitions, there are bonus points awarded if the ladies do a 3-3 combo (I don't know if it applies to the men or if there is a different bonus for the guys).
    These competitions are:
    Events and Final of Russian Cup,
    Nationals Younger and Elder Age.

At Senior and Junior Nationals - no bonuses.

For Ladies bonuses this season are:
    3A - +4 points.
    3+3 combo with 3Lz, 3F, 3Lo - +2 points (no bonuses for other 3+3 combos).
    3F and 3Lz in the same program with no edge call - +1 point.

For Senior Men
    4+3 Combo - +3 ponits.
    Quad jump if not in 4+3 combo - +2 points.
    3A+3 combo - +1 point.

For Junior Men
    4+3 Combo - +4 ponits.
    Quad jump if not in 4+3 combo - +3 points.
    3A+3 combo - +2 points.
    3A if not in 3A+3 combo - +1 point.

Elements must be non-URed and performed good to earn bonus.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Thank you for clarifying the system, DobrinFan. I wasn't sure if you only got one shot at qualifying or whether you could enter another, later qualifying event to try again.
    In fact all the skaters, who on results of 1st event have chance to qualify to Senior or Junior Nationals, have 2nd Event.

But, since qualifying is based on two results rather than just your best result, I see that the game is up for Kristina this year.
    We have not national-level skater Kristina Zaseeva this seson.
    She focuced on school, not figure skating practicing. So results are not so good (like Flatt when she focuced on college education).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    That's funny tho, there should be a 3Axel bonus or something as well.
    There was not live stream video and protocols just after the SP and FS.

So we tried to understand what happened on only online table info.
    No bonus (no letter "B" in table) means no clean 3+3 Combo.

I know people are going to complain about me talking up my personal favourites, but I don’t care – I’m going to do it anyway!

I have to say, I am VERY disappointed to see that Kristina Zaseeva only managed to get 10th place overall, especially after being 6th in the SP. But, after watching the video of her FS, I can see why she only managed 11th in the FS. There were too many times when there were things touching the ice that shouldn’t have been – namely her hands and her backside!

Early on, there were quite a few times that her hand was dragging along the ice. But, it was the THREE falls that really did it for her.

I know Kristina is better than that. But, I don’t know much about the Russian qualifying system. So, will she be able to get another chance to qualify?

I really hope that she is not knocked out completely because of one bad skate.

But congratulations to one of my favourite skaters (of any nationality!), Adelina, for winning both the SP and FS!!! And to another of my Russian favourites, Nikol, for finishing in the top 4 in both SP and FS.

CaroLiza_fan
    I really like Kristina's SP this year (which I believe is the same one from last year).

Okay the last videos from Perm:

Senior Mens Free Program Results (Perm):

1 Sergei VORONOV MOE 161.25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLA...I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew
    2 Gordei GORSHKOV SPB 141.79 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Ka...I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew
    3 Jean BUSH M/H 124.70 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwZa...I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew
    4 Vladyslav SMIRNOFF SPB 117.59 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcLS...I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew
    5 Sergei BORODULIN MOE 90.26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBH...I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew
    6 Eugene POZHIDAEV 88.08

Senior Men's SP yesterday:
    Bush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o63mIIizdZw
    Smirnov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AK_Ku7bQR8
    Borodulin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpe6...I7CzyJ8alaq2Ew
    Gorshkov and Voronov SP are posted above

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    In fact all the skaters, who on results of 1st event have chance to qualify to Senior or Junior Nationals, have 2nd Event.
    Yeah, I realise that. What I meant was that with a score like that in the first event, she wasn't going to get through anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    We have not national-level skater Kristina Zaseeva this seson.
    She focuced on school, not figure skating practicing. So results are not so good (like Flatt when she focuced on college education).
    Ah! That explains a lot! Well, good on you Kristina for concentrating on your schoolwork!

Even when it puts them behind their competitors a bit, I like it when a young sportsperson puts their studies first. No sportsperson's competitive career lasts forever - they need a good education to prepare for life after the sport.

Then, when they get good exam results, they can concentrate completely on their sport!

So, good luck with your studies, Kristina! And don't worry, I'll still be here waiting to support you when you come back to skating!

CaroLiza_fan

Tripping on the Podium
    Thank you for the links, DobrinFan!

Jeez, Sergei's costume close-up

Quote Originally Posted by mielikki View Post
    Thank you for the links, DobrinFan!

Jeez, Sergei's costume close-up
    It's better than anything he ever wore while with Morozov.......I like it but not the program.

Tripping on the Podium
    Не grew thinner, and that makes things look better. I don't think Morozov really cared whether number n-teen of his students looked classy or not.
    Did you recognize the FS music? I must admit it was hard for me to listen to it.

Bush's FS is to the great music, but... hm, well.

I'll have to go back and watch. I only remembered Tanguera because Urmanov skated to it. But his presentation/music always leaves much to be desired, I prefer Gorshkov.

Bush's programs well I have nothing nice to say except they are better than Sokolovskaya's other students programs from last year.

ETA:
    Went and tortured my soul but this is what I have......

Okay the second piece is Por una cabeza by Carlos Gardel (it was the tango in Schindler's List) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHun...XBHFw&index=47
    Third piece is Tanguera. I own a copy by Sexteto Mayor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uJxs5SkSe7s

I love them both (not the way Voronov did it though) but I have no idea what the 1st piece is. I heard it before. Maybe someone else can identify it?

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast