Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Custom Title
    Skaters who are under 14 can't compete as a senior internationally even the season after the nationals is held, so I think it's fair.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    some of this skaters wont make big nationally anyways
    The majority skaters won't be able to make it big. Even some of the super talented. If you realise that you have max 3 skaters per country for Europeans and worlds and they have already Sotnikova, Tuktamisheva, Lipnitskaia, Radionova, Medvedeva, Proklova, Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Ogoreltseva.... someone is is going to be staying at home, no matter how good they are (I mean when they are eligible). Even with puberty and injuries, it seems that there will be more of them than is needed, so someone will miss out.

its a wonder Agafonova hans't retired despite placing 7-9th in national competitions
    Maybe she is looking around wondering which country she could skate for. I wouldn't blame her. I think my country is in serious need of a lady skater (and a man, and a pair) who can jump.

Custom Title
    I wonder what's going on with Kosygina - Moroshkin. Last season they had pretty decent results, 2nd and 2nd at JGP, 6th at JGPF, 2nd junior nationals, and 6th at junior worlds. Now they placed 4th at JGP. I expected better.

Kosigina & Moroshkin had very appealing dances last season. Not sure if they really showed evolution so far this season. I like them and I think they have a good presence on the ice but they really need to gear up otherwise it will be hard for them to deal with so much national competition.
    About their result at the ISU JGP maybe they aren't on form yet? An injury we don't know about? :/

Custom Title
    I think this 14 years old rule is better, those 12 year old wonders some wont be the same in 2 years and wont probably make another nationals
    so this year only Medvedeva can compete from the current JGP skaters, Proklova, Sakhanovich, Sotskova cannot
    Skaters who are younger than 14 have their Nationals - Junior Nationals 22-25 Jan 2014, qualifying competition to JrWorlds.
    I brelieve, some skaters will be both at Senior and Junior Nationals - Medvedeva, Radionova (they are not age eligible for Senior ISU Championships), other JrWorlds medalists who will not qualify to Euro.

And this limitation is only for singles.
    Pairs and Dance have not age limit and may as previous seasons compete both as Seniors and Juniors at Events of Russian Cup.

Well, Tuk isn't fat...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Well, Tuk isn't fat...
    Oh, please don't start! I am fed up with people commenting on skaters figures!

Custom Title

I think this 14 years old rule is better, those 12 year old wonders some wont be the same in 2 years and wont probably make another nationals
    How can you say that? I think if you look into it carefully, you may find out that the majority of Russian skaters who qualified at 12 were also able to skate the next year and the next... Sotnikova, Tuktamysheba, Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Medvedeva, they all qualified for senior nationals at 12 and then every year since then, ...and if it was still allowed then there would be also Sakhanovich, Proklova and Sotskova. So saying that in 2 years time they won't qualify for another nationals is not based on the truth. Yes, Sakhanovich, Proklova and Sotskova won't be able to, but not because they would not be good enough to qualify, but only because they changed the rules and they are not allowed now. I do think it is a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Oh, please don't start! I am fed up with people commenting on skaters figures!
    Ok!

Custom Title
    Panin Memorial competition started yesterday, for those who are interested. K/S are about to start. Polina Agafonova and Menshov are also among competitors. (After my quick view)
    orders/results http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1314/Panin/index.htm

Custom Title
    OMG Smirnov fell and could not finish the program. Moreover he could not even leave the ice without help. It loos like a big injurz according russian forum. I am so sorrz about him

Quote Originally Posted by HR4 View Post
    OMG Smirnov fell and could not finish the program. Moreover he could not even leave the ice without help. It loos like a big injurz according russian forum. I am so sorrz about him
    Please tell us more about this!!

Oh, no! I second FSGMT - if anyone has any information, please share! This sounds awful, and they are among my favourite pairs... (Second favourite after P/T.)

Tripping on the Podium
    Sasha fell on the first jump and tore his knee ligaliment. He couldn't stand up, Enbert and Vasiliev took him off ice. Operation tomorrow.
    http://www.tv100.ru/news/pervoe-vyst...travmoj-80896/
    Here they say recovery takes 6 months in the most difficult cases. For now no one knows exactly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mielikki View Post
    Sasha fell on the first jump and tore his knee ligaliment. He couldn't stand up, Enbert and Vasiliev took him off ice. Operation tomorrow.
    http://www.tv100.ru/news/pervoe-vyst...travmoj-80896/
    Here they say recovery takes 6 months in the most difficult cases. For now no one knows exactly.
    You can see that he's tilted in the air on that jump, but ohmygosh, he is ridiculously unlucky to get that injury from that. :( Poor guy.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast