Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia is very smart , I mean she does that position, her head and shoulders in parallel when her 2A landing is off that is her way of negate -GOE's
    I love Julia (maybe even as much as you ) but she is not smart about the 2A. If she (or her coaches) were smart about it they'd fix it instead of waiting for her to break a leg or an ankle one time when she does it. I don't think her 'faking it till you make it' way of trying to appear she is doing it well is much helping her GOE- even I can see through it and am literally frightened for her sometimes when the jump is in the air, and I am by no means trained the way a judge might be. I am happy for her that she continues to land the jump without injury, but it really is a disaster waiting to happen.

ETA: I also wouldn't feel so strongly about this if I thought she couldn't fix the technique or it would take her years to do so, like Mao with her lutz (not picking on Mao, just the first thing to come to mind). I do think she has the muscle and the spring and the training to step up into the jump more, though. I'm not saying she just has to wave a wand and it will happen, but she can do it, I really believe this.

Yes, the problem with her 2A is the technique: instead of going straight up into the air ("jumping") she rotates fast enough to do 2 and a half revolutions, she's practically spinning in the air, not really "jumping", she has to learn how to use her free leg to push herself up and obtain a better height... This kind of thing should have been fixed before, because it surely takes a lot of time and is difficult (just look at Mao's flip and lutz), but she can do it, and it would really help her, since she's not out of puberty yet so there is still the chance that she could lose this jump after it...

Skate America: Gachinsky just had a nasty fall. Grabbed his back and was on was on the ice for a minute or so. Struggled to get up. He is off the ice. Hope he didn't hurt himself

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Skate America: Gachinsky just had a nasty fall. Grabbed his back and was on was on the ice for a minute or so. Struggled to get up. He is off the ice. Hope he didn't hurt himself
    Where did you find this??

Didn't have to find it, the whole thing happened right in front of me. I'm at the practice now and it was one nasty fall. He looked in pain. He fell, rolled over grabbed his back, then rolled to his stomach and struggled to get up. Brown went over to see if he was okay. He went to the boards still grabbing his back. Skated around and left.

Banned
    looks like another withdrawal for the GP ?

Didn't have to find it, the whole thing happened right in front of me. I'm at the practice now and it was one nasty fall. He looked in pain. He fell, rolled over grabbed his back, then rolled to his stomach and struggled to get up. Brown went over to see if he was okay. He went to the boards still grabbing his back. Skated around and left.
    Oh, so could you please report your impressions (and some jumps information ) when you have time?

Rinkside
    Are the program run throughs open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    looks like another withdrawal for the GP ?
    Unsure based on info we have. He might just need ice and some approved painkiller shots if he really wants to go forward. He might even just need rest. You can have a nasty fall and a nasty bruise and still skate okay 24+ hours later. Of course it might be very serious. Impossible to tell right now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StereoLove View Post
    Are the program run throughs open to the public?
    Practices are (almost) always open to anyone who has an 'all event' ticket.

Is there a thread to report it? That's why I posted it here. Missed most of the Tukt and Radio practice but from the little I saw, Tukt was a little rough, Radio looked good she landed some great combos. Gachinsky popped everything. His entire practice before he left was rough. I think the only triples he landed were popped quads. None of the Russian pairs showed up.

Is there a thread to report it? That's why I posted it here. Missed most of the Tukt and Radio practice but from the little I saw, Tukt was a little rough, Radio looked good she landed some great combos. Gachinsky popped everything. His entire practice before he left was rough. I think the only triples he landed were popped quads. None of the Russian pairs showed up.
    You can start a thread for this Or there is a thread were the "SA Fluff" is included I think

OMG! I can't believe...:(((

Custom Title
    Oh noooooooooooo! :(

I hope they're just taking precautions :(

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Is there a thread to report it? That's why I posted it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    You can start a thread for this Or there is a thread were the "SA Fluff" is included I think
    DobrinFan, just my two cents :
    If you want to start a thread for "Skate America practice reports" in the Skate America section of the Competitions forum, I think your eyewitness observations would attract a lot of interest there.
    (IMHO, your reports do not belong in the Fluff thread. I fear they would get overlooked in that one.)
    In any case: Спасибо for any and all updates from Skate America.

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast