Which skaters do you want to come back for the Olympic season ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which skaters do you want to come back for the Olympic season ?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
How so? Lambiel was consistently attempting and sometimes landing 2 quads in the long program while Jeff did not have one (and his 3axel was wildly inconsistent). I would say Jeff was one of the very first great benefactors of COP where many of his technically subpar performances won important medals due to the strength of the PCS (in particular, the transitions) alone. I have great respect for Jeff's body of work, but for someone who had easily one of the weakest jumping abilities amongst the medal contenders in the 2000s (and I think he also wasn't one of the most powerful skaters), I'd say Jeff had VERY remarkable placements and an outstanding career overall.

Buttle was never pcd as well as lucky Lambiel is what I am saying. That's all I am saying; I don't doubt the jumps though Lambiel had issues with the axel too my friends. Chillax. It is just an opinion.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I am looking forward to seeing what Rohene Ward can do with HIS comeback. :)

I hate saying this (because I do think everyone should be able to express themselves however they want) but I do hope Rohene chooses a more conforming look with his hair because I think judges could mark him down for it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hate saying this (because I do think everyone should be able to express themselves however they want) but I do hope Rohene chooses a more conforming look with his hair because I think judges could mark him down for it.

No, he shouldn't. Three reasons:

1) It's his hair and he should do what he wants with it

2) I would love to see the judges/NBC (if it came to that) having heart attacks because INDIVIDUAL ALERT, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT

3) Maybe if he was marked down just for his hair, there might be enough of an issue to spark an attitudinal change.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Then Kevin Reynolds would have to be marked down too = that guy needs a stylist and bad. Pippylongstocking meets toxic blender is not a good look :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then Kevin Reynolds would have to be marked down too = that guy needs a stylist and bad. Pippylongstocking meets toxic blender is not a good look :)

I hate to criticize anyone on their looks, but perhaps he might consider a good barber to clean up his look. Just a bit.

mskater93

Record Breaker

I don't think they would. If Rohene could deliver upon the promise he showed on multiple occasions in flashes/in practice, he would be unstoppable.

glam

On the Ice
I really wish we will get a surprise comeback announcement for the Olympic season. Someone needs to do it!:yes:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh let it NOT be Katarina Witt. She has had her 15 minutes and then some. Great competitior, great personality but she got the most of the situation. Manley should have beaten her in 1988 and her "evil stares" were enough to kill many a Russian chances - Ivanova, Kondrasheva etc.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

They haven't really done that with Jason Brown's ponytail... which is an amusing coincidence in that his choreographer is Ward. :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I totally agree with your post but must point out that Lambiel has successfully landed quite a few triple axels in major competitions (e.g. 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Worlds) and did not entirely abandon the jump until the last 1.5 or so seasons of his competitive career due to injuries that pretty much plagued most of his career.

I give Lambiel credit, but he was no means a consistent 3A jumper (though it was far more consistent than Buttle's quad). In all of Lambiel's major victories (his 2 World titles, his 2 GPF wins, and his Olympic silver) he never landed a clean 3A in the freeskate. His quads were lovely though and artistically he was one of my favourites to watch.

As much as I would love for him to come back, I think 2010 was enough, and a really good result for him considering the Swiss fed practically goaded him into competing.

And that 2010 short program was Lambiel at his best. Stunning!

I also had to chuckle that after years of incorrectly associating the William Tell Overture with the Lone Ranger (here in the U.S., at any rate), we finally got to watch someone who totally deserved to skate to the music, because Rossini's opera is about a hero of Switzerland.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They haven't really done that with Jason Brown's ponytail... which is an amusing coincidence in that his choreographer is Ward. :laugh:

One day there's going to be the most sassy ponytail flick ever in one of Jason's programs. I'm sure of it.

On the flip side: can you imagine Jason and Rohene doing a show number together?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I agree it won't happen, but I hope they all continue to skate in shows when they can.

shine

Record Breaker
I give Lambiel credit, but he was no means a consistent 3A jumper (though it was far more consistent than Buttle's quad). In all of Lambiel's major victories (his 2 World titles, his 2 GPF wins, and his Olympic silver) he never landed a clean 3A in the freeskate. His quads were lovely though and artistically he was one of my favourites to watch.

As much as I would love for him to come back, I think 2010 was enough, and a really good result for him considering the Swiss fed practically goaded him into competing.

I didn't say he had a consistent 3A. And the freeskate is not the only portion of a skating competition. You must be thinking that he had URed the 3A at the 2006 Worlds FS. Althought it was called UR , I didn't feel it was reasonable and thought he landed it quite beautifully. From time to time I see people mentioning Lambiel when they need an example of skater without a full set of jumps and talk about him as if he never had the 3axel when he has landed it a lot more times than some skaters who claim to have the quad. As one of his biggest fans, I of course need to point out the fact.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
I am looking forward to Lysacek's comeback! I don't care about the results, I just enjoy watching Lysacek skate. :)