A. Savchenko/R. Szolkowy celebrate 10 years of partnership | Golden Skate

A. Savchenko/R. Szolkowy celebrate 10 years of partnership

Tatjana

On the Ice
Aljona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy and coach Ingo Steuer celebrate 10 years of their successful partnership and teamwork this May. Congratulations to them!
I think Aljona and Robin deserve their own thread.
A video collage celebrates the 10 years of their amazing career: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=622853117743225&set=vb.170719959698522&type=2&theater

Savchenko/Szolkowy spent two and a half weeks in Florida (at Silvia Fontana and John Zimmerman's rink) and started their preparation for the season with a training camp/vacation as they did in the past.
No news yet of what their programs might be, but hopefully we'll find out in the near future.

No wonder they seem as if they can read each other's mind on the ice. Ten years together; how wonderful. My favorite current pair.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
hard to imagine and makes you realize again they have been skating for a long time already

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing! I just love Aljona and Robins's skating!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This is great! I truly hope they can have satisfying skates at Sochi and retire with a bang. I pray for another masterpiece from them after the boring programs they had last season.
Go Aliona and Robin!

Tatjana

On the Ice
I'm glad you enjoyed the videos, but I didn't do them. I just posted the links. The praise should go to Anni Richter. :)

I also can't wait to see with what Aljona, Robin and Ingo will come up with for the new season. They have done so much for figure skating and pair skating in particular in the past ten years. With four World titles and eight consecutive medals at Worlds they are already one of the most successful pair teams in history.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I also can't wait to see with what Aljona, Robin and Ingo will come up with for the new season. They have done so much for figure skating and pair skating in particular in the past ten years. With four World titles and eight consecutive medals at Worlds they are already one of the most successful pair teams in history.

:thumbsup: Yes, yes, the only medal/title still missing that matches to their accomplishments all these years is Olympic Gold Medal! I SOOoooo want them capture it finally at Sochi! :yay:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are a great team, with so many wonderful, memorable programs. I would :love: to see them win gold in Sochi.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Me, too. I'd love to see them at the top of the podium.
With V/T receiveing 9.75 for PE with two/three mistakes it is almost impossible... :( (unless they bring out something incredible, like a 3ATh in the SP or something like Pink Panther or Pina, they really need a masterpiece program for this Olympic season...)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
With V/T receiveing 9.75 for PE with two/three mistakes it is almost impossible... :( (unless they bring out something incredible, like a 3ATh in the SP or something like Pink Panther or Pina, they really need a masterpiece program for this Olympic season...)

Olympic gold is probably not going to happen, I unfortunately agree. But even if V/T win gold and S/S win silver and both teams retire after, I think S/S will be the ones with the better career. They have been around for many years now, won 4 world titles, got their own style, produced some memorable programs, like Pina, the Mission, Out of Africa and so on :) V/T will be just another russian pair who wins Olympic gold (and not one of the best IMO). Even if they are 2 great skaters I still think they aren't "glued" as a couple and failed to find their own style on the ice.
If S/S have great programs next season and skate well at Sochi I will be one pleased fan. And maybe they'll throw another 3A at the end, just for the sake of it :biggrin: I hope they go to Sochi with a positive mindset and try to make the best out of it. I really hope they won't be so affected like they were with S/Z's return.