Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat/Bourzat switch to Shpilband (May 20)

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

News Pechalat/Bourzat switch to Shpilband (May 20)

Pechalat/Bourzat switch to Shpilband (May 20)

Per P/B's Facebook page:

Custom Title
    wow...

Banned
    ..so, there are Russians, French, Italians... too crowded for one medal (bronze)... Therefore V/M won't medal... DRAMA.

Custom Title
    Desperate skaters; desperate for medals look desperately for new coaches as the panacea. They know they are in trouble; they won't say it but many were concerned with the Russians coming on, Chock and Bates, Shibutanis, the Italians and Weaver and Poje all reasonably looking to pass P and B.

Banned
    hmmmm
    not sure if this is a good move, the Igor team is getting too big already
    guess they wanted to go with more technical fix for the Olympics season
    C/L were ahead of them last Season, so we'lls ee how this will work for them against C/L

Interesting. We will have to see how it plays out.

I frankly didn't expect this, we don't usually see a lot of coaching changes before the Olympic season, especially the top skaters... Now there will be the battle for the gold in Team Zoueva, and the battle for the bronze in Team Shpilband (+ Zhulin)...

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I frankly didn't expect this, we don't usually see a lot of coaching changes before the Olympic season, especially the top skaters... Now there will be the battle for the gold in Team Zoueva, and the battle for the bronze in Team Shpilband (+ Zhulin)...
    Oh I think there will be at least one more battle involved. V&M and D&W are not, in my opinion, locks for gold and silver. I think Sochi is going to shock a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    Oh I think there will be at least one more battle involved. V&M and D&W are not, in my opinion, locks for gold and silver. I think Sochi is going to shock a lot of people.
    Oh I think D/W are a lock for Gold with only V/M as possible spoilers. HOWEVER I don't think V/M are a lock for Silver. If V/M 'steal' gold, D/W are a definitely silver. But a lot can happen otherwise.

I wonder what effect this will have on Chock and Bates. They won't be Shpilband's number one any more.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I wonder what effect this will have on Chock and Bates. They won't be Shpilband's number one any more.
    Well, I'm sure they can certainly learn a lot from P/B and use that to grow past 2014.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because it's the Olympics and there are always surprises at the Olympics. Politics are always greatest during the Olympics. At this point I'd say V&M pulled the short stick in the political battle between them, D&W, B&S and P&B. The only thing that will save them is another Mahler (not literally of course, but something just as powerful that cannot be denied).

Aren't C&L Igor's #1 team? I wonder how they feel about all this.

Custom Title
    I am confused. How did V and M get the short end of the stick other than I think the judges want to give the gold to D and W for their hard work. I would love V and M to do something amazing. as goodas D and W have been and are they always bothered me for being safe and not stretching themselves really if that makes sense.

Custom Title
    Just watched 2010 Olympic OD and FD of V/M. Both were breath-takingly beautiful AND perfection. IF they can match those performances in Sochi, THEY WILL WIN GOLD. However THAT IS A BIG IF!! Their skating this 2012/13 season was a mere shadow of their 2010 Olympics perfection". Is Zoueva up to the choreographic perfection she tailored for them in 2010? If so, are V/M mentally and physically up to the task of skating it with passion AND perfection? The verdict awaits!

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Desperate skaters; desperate for medals look desperately for new coaches as the panacea. They know they are in trouble; they won't say it but many were concerned with the Russians coming on, Chock and Bates, Shibutanis, the Italians and Weaver and Poje all reasonably looking to pass P and B.
    Desperate indeed. The P/B dance I was ever impressed with was their 2008 Flamenco. P/B have limited talent and their boring programs do them no favors. Shpilband might be able to do a few tweaks, add a highlight of interest here and there like he did with Cappelini and Lanotte, but he can't make a three-legged dog run as fast as a four-legged greyhound.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast