Thread: Cheltzie Lee won't give up on Olympic Dream

Cheltzie Lee won't give up on Olympic Dream

Cheltzie Lee of Australia captured the nation's hear at the 2010 Olympics with a 20th place finish in the ladies' event only after being told of her qualification less than two weeks from the start of the Olympics. She later went on to place 17th at 2010 worlds and 10th place at 2011 4CC

Since then, injuries concerning her back have plagued her. Since the Olympic season, Cheltzie has only competed in half a season's worth of competitions. This interview talks about he injury, what she has been getting up to and the battle to get Australia's only ladies' spot to the Nebelhorn Trophy (against Chantelle Kerry, Brooklee Han and Stephanie Zhang) which serves as the Olympic qualifier.

++ALSO the article confirms that Skate downunder will be held at Canterbury Ice Rink in Sydney Australia.

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/new...ve-up-on-sochi

Custom Title
    I have to say I am rooting for Brooklee Han, whose musicality and grace is captivating. I liked Cheltzie, but she was more of an athletic skater than an artistic one.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Well I'm rooting for Leelee Fufu.

Custom Title
    I'm not especially bothered WHO goes, as long as someone does.

Team Australia for team event!

Medalist
    Go Cheltzie!

I like Cheltzie but after a season out, she will have some formidable competition from Brooklee Han.

Custom Title
    hope she has more different triples than at the 2010 olympics

Custom Title
    Cheltzie certainly is a more impressive skater, especially when she could do 3T+3T like we saw at 2011 worlds. But i do not see her returning. Brooklee is Austalia's best hope for an Olympian and if she skates like she did at 2013 Worlds then she should secure a spot for olympics

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    This interview talks about he injury, what she has been getting up to and the battle to get Australia's only ladies' spot to the Nebelhorn Trophy (against Chantelle Kerry, Brooklee Han and Stephanie Zhang) which serves as the Olympic qualifier.

++ALSO the article confirms that Skate downunder will be held at Canterbury Ice Rink in Sydney Australia.

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/new...ve-up-on-sochi
    I am shocked that the 2002 national champion, Stephanie Zhang, has made a return to competition.

Custom Title
    I am confused; so there are no standards or points that have to be met for Olympics only world's? It is great to see skaters from all over the world make it. However, I am not sure if a lot of Australian skaters would make the required minimums of world's.