Cheltzie Lee won't give up on Olympic Dream | Golden Skate

Cheltzie Lee won't give up on Olympic Dream

GF2445

Record Breaker
Cheltzie Lee of Australia captured the nation's hear at the 2010 Olympics with a 20th place finish in the ladies' event only after being told of her qualification less than two weeks from the start of the Olympics. She later went on to place 17th at 2010 worlds and 10th place at 2011 4CC

Since then, injuries concerning her back have plagued her. Since the Olympic season, Cheltzie has only competed in half a season's worth of competitions. This interview talks about he injury, what she has been getting up to and the battle to get Australia's only ladies' spot to the Nebelhorn Trophy (against Chantelle Kerry, Brooklee Han and Stephanie Zhang) which serves as the Olympic qualifier.

++ALSO the article confirms that Skate downunder will be held at Canterbury Ice Rink in Sydney Australia.

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/news/tough-skater-won-t-give-up-on-sochi

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to say I am rooting for Brooklee Han, whose musicality and grace is captivating. I liked Cheltzie, but she was more of an athletic skater than an artistic one.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm not especially bothered WHO goes, as long as someone does.

Team Australia for team event!

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Cheltzie certainly is a more impressive skater, especially when she could do 3T+3T like we saw at 2011 worlds. But i do not see her returning. Brooklee is Austalia's best hope for an Olympian and if she skates like she did at 2013 Worlds then she should secure a spot for olympics

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
This interview talks about he injury, what she has been getting up to and the battle to get Australia's only ladies' spot to the Nebelhorn Trophy (against Chantelle Kerry, Brooklee Han and Stephanie Zhang) which serves as the Olympic qualifier.

++ALSO the article confirms that Skate downunder will be held at Canterbury Ice Rink in Sydney Australia.

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/news/tough-skater-won-t-give-up-on-sochi

I am shocked that the 2002 national champion, Stephanie Zhang, has made a return to competition.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am confused; so there are no standards or points that have to be met for Olympics only world's? It is great to see skaters from all over the world make it. However, I am not sure if a lot of Australian skaters would make the required minimums of world's.