Sytycd | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sytycd

heyang

Record Breaker
Fun opening # tonight! and the amazing Travis Wall choreographed an amazing #!

The choreography of the last number with Fiction and his partner was the best. Plus the girl with the long legs -- boy does she have long legs! :yes:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plus the girl with the long legs -- boy does she have long legs! :yes:

Was that with Aaron & Jasmine???

I really enjoyed the numbers from Sonja...she's really the best as well as Travis Wall.

heyang

Record Breaker
All the Hip Hop boys (Jade, Bluprint, Fik Shun) were surprisingly good. I recall that Nigel said that Bluprint picked up choreography better than Cyrus from last season. Fik Shun definitely was not a 'kid' in his #. The judges/production did a nice job with the pairings.

I agreed with the judges and felt that Nico and ? didn't have swag in their hip hop.

I think the show tries to pull the wool over over our eyes with these male hip hop dancers. They pretend that these guys are just street dancers who never had any formal training in other styles -- then when they do ballroom, modern, etc., Nigel pretends to be astonished.

There is no reality in reality TV. ;)

KKonas

Medalist
Overall this top 20 is one of the strongest ever this season. The crump girl is IMO the weakest of the ladies. As for the guys, Fik-shun and Blueprint were a delightful surprise. I guess I would eliminate Jade.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched this with family the other night. I think the couple that did the retro-style Broadway number were the most entertaining. I agree with the panelist who said the boy reminded him of O'Connor.

I also like the dance near the end... the boy was the tapper and seemed to be larger than the other boys. The whole feel of the piece (for me, not sure it was intended) was Louisiana bayou. Very primitive and raw. I liked it a lot.

And, like Fik-shun, whenever I want to show my serious side, I take off all my clothes and dance with a white girl. Line of the night!

KKonas

Medalist
Just had a chance to watch the show I taped from Tuesday. Mariah (the crump girl) and Jade were my pick to leave the show and they were in the bottom 4, but for some reason unknown to me, they were saved. On to next week.

heyang

Record Breaker
Just had a chance to watch the show I taped from Tuesday. Mariah (the crump girl) and Jade were my pick to leave the show and they were in the bottom 4, but for some reason unknown to me, they were saved. On to next week.

My guess is that the judges made their decision based upon what the choreographers wanted - it's possible that a majority wanted the opportunity to work with Mariah and Jade over Brittany and the guy that was eliminated. The dance for your lives was their last chance to override the decision made by the judges and choreographers and public. If they had impressed the judges enough, it could have changed the judges' votes.

The public vote doesn't decide the elimination until the top 10.

heyang

Record Breaker
Forgot to mention that eliminating any of the top 20 would've been tough after week 1 of competition. With the exception of Alexis and Nico, they all performed really well and Alexis and Nico weren't bad, they just weren't as good as the others from a performance (not technical) standpoint.

Right now my favorites are Fik Shun, Amy and the 2 Jasmine's

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For some reason I can't take my eyes off of Aaron & then....Jasmine.

heyang

Record Breaker
My favorite pairs are still Fikshun/Amy and Aaron/Jasmine. Personally, I still have a hard time recalling the identities of some of the other dancers; so, they aren't making a strong negative or positive impression on me.

The real test will be how they do with other partners.

heyang

Record Breaker
Definitely thought that Jenna and Tucker didn't have an outstanding hip hop - not enough swag.

Surprised about one of the bottom 3 girls, but not surprised who went home.

I agree with Nigel that Amy and Fikshun's 'characters' have been very much the same the last couple of weeks, but every week hasn't been the same. Their 1st week and their paso were different from what they've had the last couple of weeks. I think these 2 are my favorite pair right now.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was concerned about Jasmine going home. She & Aaron are so good as a couple. They are my favorite couple. Fikshun is just soooo darn cute.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes, I was actually surprised that they saved the other girl again, instead of Jasmine.

For whatever reasons, some of the girls and guys aren't standing out for me - it's not that they aren't technically good - maybe they don't have enough chemistry with their partners or the partnerships don't elevate them.

I'm really not caring for some of these celebrity judges. I think Christina Applegate and then Wayne Brady were decent guest judges, as well as Jesse Tyler Fergueson. Carly Rae Jepson and Anna Kendrick didn't have enough critique - just gushy praise. Personally, they don't 'advertise' next week's guest judge - so unless the celeb tweets, it's not as though the celebrity is going to help the ratings much. I'd really prefer for some of the former contestants and/or choreographers to be guest judges, instead.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd really prefer for some of the former contestants and/or choreographers to be guest judges, instead.

I agree, of course my favorites are Debbie Allen and Lil C.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
which dancers were voted off last night? I hate that it's on the same night as AGT as I normally lose the battle over watching SYTYCD over AGT.

KKonas

Medalist
I think Jasmine is great but she may be too tall as a pro dancer. Not that many guy dancers are tall like Aaron. Also think Fik-shun is too small/short for the pro world as most women dancers will tower over him and his ballroom performance was rather pathetic. I like Paul and Aaron.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aaron is doing such a great job...his expressions are super.