Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sytycd

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    For some reason I can't take my eyes off of Aaron & then....Jasmine.

My favorite pairs are still Fikshun/Amy and Aaron/Jasmine. Personally, I still have a hard time recalling the identities of some of the other dancers; so, they aren't making a strong negative or positive impression on me.

The real test will be how they do with other partners.

Definitely thought that Jenna and Tucker didn't have an outstanding hip hop - not enough swag.

Surprised about one of the bottom 3 girls, but not surprised who went home.

I agree with Nigel that Amy and Fikshun's 'characters' have been very much the same the last couple of weeks, but every week hasn't been the same. Their 1st week and their paso were different from what they've had the last couple of weeks. I think these 2 are my favorite pair right now.

I was concerned about Jasmine going home. She & Aaron are so good as a couple. They are my favorite couple. Fikshun is just soooo darn cute.

Yes, I was actually surprised that they saved the other girl again, instead of Jasmine.

For whatever reasons, some of the girls and guys aren't standing out for me - it's not that they aren't technically good - maybe they don't have enough chemistry with their partners or the partnerships don't elevate them.

I'm really not caring for some of these celebrity judges. I think Christina Applegate and then Wayne Brady were decent guest judges, as well as Jesse Tyler Fergueson. Carly Rae Jepson and Anna Kendrick didn't have enough critique - just gushy praise. Personally, they don't 'advertise' next week's guest judge - so unless the celeb tweets, it's not as though the celebrity is going to help the ratings much. I'd really prefer for some of the former contestants and/or choreographers to be guest judges, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I'd really prefer for some of the former contestants and/or choreographers to be guest judges, instead.
    I agree, of course my favorites are Debbie Allen and Lil C.

which dancers were voted off last night? I hate that it's on the same night as AGT as I normally lose the battle over watching SYTYCD over AGT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    which dancers were voted off last night?
    http://www.fox.com/dance/contestants

Malece Miller & Alan Bernsten

Toni, what is AGT???

Custom Title
    I think Jasmine is great but she may be too tall as a pro dancer. Not that many guy dancers are tall like Aaron. Also think Fik-shun is too small/short for the pro world as most women dancers will tower over him and his ballroom performance was rather pathetic. I like Paul and Aaron.

Aaron is doing such a great job...his expressions are super.

AGT = America's Got Talent - I don't like the show (but with Aerial Ice set to compete next week I'm kind of interested), but my family loves it.

AGT = America's Got Talent - I don't like the show (but with Aerial Ice set to compete next week I'm kind of interested), but my family loves it.
    I boycotted it if this is the one with Howard Stern and the boycott was because of HS.

Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    I think Jasmine is great but she may be too tall as a pro dancer. Not that many guy dancers are tall like Aaron. Also think Fik-shun is too small/short for the pro world as most women dancers will tower over him and his ballroom performance was rather pathetic. I like Paul and Aaron.
    Best dancer doesn't always win as title is America's favorite dancer. Just as with skating, it's harder to be too tall vs too short.

I was surprised that Amy was in the bottom 3 girls.... For whatever reasons, I still don't recall everyone's names immediately. Aaron, Jasmine and FikShun (as well as Malece, Jenna and Tucker) come pretty easily to mind as they were spotlighted during the initial auditions and Vegas week. My awareness of Amy was raised because of her partnership with Fikshun. I also recall Nico and Alexis and Curtis - but my mind is pretty blank on the others. The judges praise 'my invisibles', but between the taping of the performances (i.e. they don't show both dancers on screen throughout), I haven't 'gotten' them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I boycotted it if this is the one with Howard Stern and the boycott was because of HS.
    It is the one with Stern, and while I don't care too much for his persona and stuff he's said - on this show I typically agree with him more than I disagree.

Arial Ice (the skating group) didn't make it to the semi-finals. Bum deal.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Arial Ice (the skating group) didn't make it to the semi-finals. Bum deal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast