Sytycd | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sytycd

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
AGT = America's Got Talent - I don't like the show (but with Aerial Ice set to compete next week I'm kind of interested), but my family loves it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AGT = America's Got Talent - I don't like the show (but with Aerial Ice set to compete next week I'm kind of interested), but my family loves it.

I boycotted it if this is the one with Howard Stern and the boycott was because of HS.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Jasmine is great but she may be too tall as a pro dancer. Not that many guy dancers are tall like Aaron. Also think Fik-shun is too small/short for the pro world as most women dancers will tower over him and his ballroom performance was rather pathetic. I like Paul and Aaron.

Best dancer doesn't always win as title is America's favorite dancer. Just as with skating, it's harder to be too tall vs too short.

I was surprised that Amy was in the bottom 3 girls.... For whatever reasons, I still don't recall everyone's names immediately. Aaron, Jasmine and FikShun (as well as Malece, Jenna and Tucker) come pretty easily to mind as they were spotlighted during the initial auditions and Vegas week. My awareness of Amy was raised because of her partnership with Fikshun. I also recall Nico and Alexis and Curtis - but my mind is pretty blank on the others. The judges praise 'my invisibles', but between the taping of the performances (i.e. they don't show both dancers on screen throughout), I haven't 'gotten' them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I boycotted it if this is the one with Howard Stern and the boycott was because of HS.

It is the one with Stern, and while I don't care too much for his persona and stuff he's said - on this show I typically agree with him more than I disagree.

Arial Ice (the skating group) didn't make it to the semi-finals. Bum deal.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aaron is just wonderful. I just love him!!! Also loved Jasmine's routine and her look, there is just something about Aaron & Jasmine, together or separate.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm thinking that Amy placed herself at the top with the Travis Wall's routine. Travis was spectacular in it as was Amy. Anyone want to venture a guess who will win???

heyang

Record Breaker
Ugh - lost my reply. This thing times out on me when I have a long response and sometimes it keeps it and other times my comments gets lost.

So to be brief. My top 4 would be Amy, Jasmine, Aaron and FikShun. I drop Paul and Hayley because I never remember them from week to week and I think the winner should be someone who's a good dancer and popular. I could go either way with Top Girl , but Top Guy should be Aaron.

I love the All-Stars, but I wish the judges would stop fawning over them and comment on only the contestant. If you want to do a a 'catch-up' with the All-star, it should be part of the pre-performance section or may interdispersed throughout the show (i.e. Allison interview before Travis/Amy performance, Travis interview before Comfort/Paul, etc. ) to avoid associating the all-star so much with what should be judged.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
So to be brief. My top 4 would be Amy, Jasmine, Aaron and FikShun. I drop Paul and Hayley because I never remember them from week to week and I think the winner should be someone who's a good dancer and popular.

Agree with all this.

Mackenzie really blew me away during auditions, but for the most part she wasn't that memorable during the performances. I think that's why she was kept around for so long despite being in the bottom; they (okay, Nigel, maybe) wanted to give her another chance to show what she could do.

My picks are Amy and Aaron for the winners. Hard to believe Aaron was a last-minute substitute and almost missed the cut.

KKonas

Medalist
Best dancer doesn't always win as title is America's favorite dancer. (Unfortunately, this is often true.)
Just as with skating, it's harder to be too tall vs too short. (Not when it comes to pairs/dance.)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am happy with the final three, not four. Are you Ok with the final 4???

KKonas

Medalist
I am happy with the final three, not four. Are you Ok with the final 4???

Nope! Paul should have been in the Final 4. He is by far the best/most versatile male dancer in this group. But for some reason Fik-shun, who IMO cannot do much besides hip hop, is more popular. Jasmine has been my favorite from the start and I do like Aaron as well.

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with the final 4 - they've been my favorites from week 1.

As I've mentioned before, I found Paul utterly forgettable. I didn't even remember him until the final 8 and I don't recall any particular performance of his either. ..... and I usually pick up on the dancers names pretty quickly.

Fik Shun is not the best dancer, but he has grown and he has charisma. I don't think he should be the winner. I do think he's done really well compared to other questionable past final 4's - i.e. Cyrus , Evan, etc. I can still recall some of his and Amy's performances in my mind's eye.

I think Jasmine should be top girl and Aaron should be top guy. I really think there's a possibility that Aaron will win. I know the other 3 have been in the bottom at least 1 time - can't recall if Aaron is ever in the bottom.

heyang

Record Breaker
Forgot to add that the combos will be odd. You have the 2 tallest dancers and 2 of the shortest dancers. It'll be interesting how they handle the pairing of Jasmine and Fik Shun. He will have a hard time lifting her - perhaps they'll reverse the lifts.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know the other 3 have been in the bottom at least 1 time - can't recall if Aaron is ever in the bottom.

The top 4 have all been in the bottom. The only one that wasn't in the bottom ever was ...Paul.

I thought the choreography let them down a little this week.

Gabby Douglas did pretty well as a judge! ::clap: