Sytycd | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sytycd

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought the choreography let them down a little this week.

Gabby Douglas did pretty well as a judge! ::clap:

I agree with your assessments. Gabby conducted herself in such a mature fashion, more so than some guests.

I thought Jasmine danced her routine better than All Star Comfort. I love Jasmine.

I also love Aaron. He turned me onto tap.

heyang

Record Breaker
Amy vs Jasmine - only based upon last night. I'd give Amy the win. She was amazing. Not that Jasmin wasn't wonderful, but that Samba was not good. And as mentioned, Amy's numbers were better choreographed in general.

Aaron vs FikShun. For me it really could go either way. Both have charisma and personality. Aaron's the better dancer but FikShun's grown the most as a dancer. Either could be the favorite.

I think this the 1st season in several where I'd be happy with any of the final 4 as winners. In the past, there's more often than not usually 1 person that I'm iffy about.

Last favorite routines from last night where Aaron/Jasmine Samba (just didn't feel like a Samba and you could see they weren't into it.) and Aaron/FikShun Broadway (mostly because it lacked impact for me - blaming it more on the choreo.)
Favorites were Amy's numbers with Aaron and Robert.

I wish they had a 6th number with all 4 of them dancing together.

Now, who's not voting for an encore of Amy and Travis?!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
They are all so talented; I am OK with anyone of them winning. But I am a bit partial to Fik-shun and his sparkling personality -- he's come a long way!

KKonas

Medalist
IMO Paul was the most versatile and best male dancer, and although I also like Aaron too, Fik-shun will probably win as the young teens and under 30s who usually vote, consider hip hop as their "ideal" competitive dance. I think it's a toss up between Amy and Jasmine. As a former Latin ballroom dancer (many years ago), I don't think any one of the final 4 can do ballroom or Latin well.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IMO Paul was the most versatile and best male dancer, .

I thought Paul was an excellent dancer as well.

Fik-shun will probably win as the young teens and under 30s who usually vote, consider hip hop as their "ideal" competitive dance.

Here's my problem with Fik-shun, don't get me wrong I like him and I like his dance style but....when it comes to dancing the other styles he lacks technique in more styles than the other dancers trying to dance hip hop. I know it's a great possibility he will win but I will really be disappointed if he does. He has already won by being in the final four.

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought this was a nice interview with Amy and FikShun post win.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/10/sytycd-season-10-winners-interview/

Amy wanted a chance to dance with Paul, as well.

I agree that not all hip hop dancers deserve to be in the top 4 (i.e. Cyrus, even Twitch). Joshua was probably the most versatile of the hip hop'ers who made it to the top 4 IMHO. I don't think it's just the teeny boppers voting - the dance community loves this show and call in to support the best dancers. However, personality and charisma are needed as much as technique. Also, as the weeks progress, even seeming fan favorites have been eliminated as the weeks exhibit their lack of versatility (i.e. Phillip Chbeeb). While Fik Shun didn't point his toes, he really was a good partner and Aaron did drop Melanie during their performance.

I think Jasmine and Aaron were just a tiny bit less personable than Amy and Fikshun. Also, Amy had better final 4 performances than Jasmine, as did Fik Shun vs Aaron. The 2 factors likely tipped some people to vote for the winners.

I think all 4 of them will find success.