Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Prosecutor throws out Plushenko slander complaint

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Then why would he compete if his disc had deteriorated to a degree that it would have affected his performance? If you're about to have surgery, it makes sense to rest up, not compete in the European Championships.
    This kind of surgery could be a career killer that is why Plushenko tried to avoid it in the past. He used conservative treatment several times. But apparently the conservative treatment has lost its magic resulted in injury affected his performance in a disastrous way (that was what happened in EC2013), so in the end, the surgery is inevitable.

I do not understand why you cannot understand such simple logic

Then why would he compete if his disc had deteriorated to a degree that it would have affected his performance? If you're about to have surgery, it makes sense to rest up, not compete in the European Championships.
    Oh? So you are saying that his disc HADN'T deteriorated? Then why did he have the surgery? Pray enlighten us!

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    WHAT? Are saying I am not sweet-tempered? No way. And I am surely very patient beyond all human nature.
    Well, of course you are! And just to make sure, I think I will conduct a survey of opinions form the officers of Skate Canada.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    This kind of surgery could be a career killer that is why Plushenko tried to avoid it in the past. He used conservative treatment several times. But apparently the conservative treatment has lost its magic resulted in injury affected his performance in a disastrous way (that was what happened in EC2013), so in the end, the surgery is inevitable.

This was the surgery he never wanted to have while he was competing. He was trying to go as long as possible without it. The fact that he had it before Sochi shows how serious it was getting. You are totally right in what you posted. This surgery could end the career!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post

Firstly, he explicitly stated that his major error was not due to injury, and admitted he botched the jump. Secondly, I acknowledge that after the SP, his injury might have deteriorated to such an extent that he required surgery (and have accepted that he pulled out due to injury). But he was so far behind to win that there was no point in risking further injury anyways... IMO if he was in 1st or close to 1st after that SP, he would have definitely skated his LP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Oh? So you are saying that his disc HADN'T deteriorated? Then why did he have the surgery? Pray enlighten us!
    No, I'm saying that it hadn't deteriorated to a point that it would be thoroughly detrimental his performance, because clearly by choosing to compete he felt that it was "fine enough". If it had deteriorated to a point that required surgery, then he shouldn't (and wouldn't) have competed at Euros and had the necessary surgery. I don't get why his ubers are so staunchly defending his error as attributed to injury when he's explained and admitted that it was his own mistake.

No, I'm saying that it hadn't deteriorated to a point that it would be thoroughly detrimental his performance, because clearly by choosing to compete he felt that it was "fine enough". If it had deteriorated to a point that required surgery, then he shouldn't (and wouldn't) have competed at Euros and had the necessary surgery. I don't get why his ubers are so staunchly defending his error as attributed to injury when he's explained and admitted that it was his own mistake.
    But then suddenly - like overnight - it DID deteriorate to the degree that the surgery was necessary? You didn't reply to my question - why did he have surgery?

Custom Title
    Firstly, he explicitly stated that his major error was not due to injury, and admitted he botched the jump. Secondly, I acknowledge that after the SP, his injury might have deteriorated to such an extent that he required surgery (and have accepted that he pulled out due to injury). But he was so far behind to win that there was no point in risking further injury anyways... IMO if he was in 1st or close to 1st after that SP, he would have definitely skated his LP.
    I think I said it once, but I do not mind say it again. I think you are right on if he is first in SP, he will continue since he would still think he can pull it out. To be the first in SP requires at least performing one quad and a 3A successfully, right? So if he could be first means he could still pull out quad, of course he would think about continuing. And if he got cleaned without quad, he probably would also consider continuing since he might still think he could pull out the quad in LP. But in reality, he could not even perform triples clean meaning he was too injured to even consider trying.

As for his interview, what do you expect him to say? He was taking responsibility of his own mistakes, so he did not link his injury to his mistakes. The fact that he took surgery right after he returned to Russia, and based on what doctor said, it was a wonder that he could even live a life with such bad condition, let alone competing, any people with logic can deduce his bad performance was due to his injury.

But I bet if he said he made mistakes because he was injured, you will still say that he was looking for excuses to cover his bad performance.

I don't know what this argument is about, really. Skaters never complain about injuries or offer injury as an excuse -- it just isn't manly (or womanly) to do so.

Soccer is the only sport that is so wimpy that players are rewarded for flopping, whining, crying, and pretending to be hurt.

In skating, if someone asks afterward about an injury, the skater can answer truthfully. Yes, I went to the doctor and I have thus-and-so ailment. Then, as gmyers and yaya point out, other people (fans) can discuss the effect the injury might have had on the performance if they want to.

Look at Alissa Czisny. She dislocated her hip right in the middle of her performance. Did she moan and wail? Did she say. "I think it might have been the abrupt dislocation of my hip that made me fall"? No, she just stoically laid there on the ice, ever smiling, until they came to cart her off on a stretcher. That's the ticket. Suck it up. stiff upper lip, no excuses.

OT but - the funny thing that I've seemed to notice about "soccer" players is that... the more they're actually hurt, the less they complain...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    OT but - the funny thing that I've seemed to notice about "soccer" players is that... the more they're actually hurt, the less they complain...
    Oh yes, I have noticed it too. I think it's one of the reasons soccer has been so slow to grow into a top-level sport in Australia and why we still can't forgive Italy for 2006. We don't appreciate diving or faking. Suck it up, princess.

I adore soccer. That is the most popular sport in the World, except North-America.

Banned
    Firstly, he explicitly stated that his major error was not due to injury, and admitted he botched the jump.
    Firstly, it's quite clearly why you are defending someone like Zhurankov. Because you are a slanderer yourself. And even if you know that Plu didn't say the words that you are putting in his mouth, since obviously you have ready my post where I translated his words, you are still lying about him. Keep in mind, dear Mr. Skate Canada, Plu fandom is not just the longest among the current competitive skaters'. It's also the most effective and the best organized. We are watching you. Every time you bring the lie about our guy, you will be exposed as a liar the same instant. It serves you right.

Firstly, it's quite clearly why you are defending someone like Zhurankov. Because you are a slanderer yourself. And even if you know that Plu didn't say the words that you are putting in his mouth, since obviously you have ready my post where I translated his words, you are still lying about him. Keep in mind, dear Mr. Skate Canada, Plu fandom is not just the longest among the current competitive skaters'. It's also the most effective and the best organized. We are watching you. Every time you bring the lie about our guy, you will be exposed as a liar the same instant. It serves you right.
    OMG let's talk!!! Am I organized??? I just read Plushy's official website... There are fantastic admins!! and amazing members!

Custom Title
    The actual quote was: “It wasn’t a magic day today,” Plushenko observed. “I fell on the triple Axel. Maybe I rushed it, maybe I wasn’t completely focused. When we got here to the ice rink, we decided not to go for the quad toe but for the triple Lutz instead, and maybe I didn’t fully switch my focus... The fall on the triple Axel is an unforgivable mistake for me,” the three-time Olympic medalist told the press. “It wasn’t the injury, it wasn’t my back. I missed an easy element for me. I need to do the triple Axel with my eyes closed.” (http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/01/a...013-europeans/)

I haven't read, nor do I care to read your translation of his words. I don't see why Golden Skate would post those words if they hadn't checked the accuracy of the translation of what he told the press (another skating websites corroborate the words he said: http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...2013euros-day2 ; http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news). I'd rather go with the translation given by news articles, rather than your translation which is bound to be biased and paint him in a favourable light. Clearly Plushenko hasn't said these news articles misquotes him, so I believe what they've said - and thus I believe what he said. On the other hand, there's nothing that verifies your ability to accurately translate Russian, but moreover you're not the type of person I would trust to give a legitimate translation that isn't manipulated to defend him.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast