2010 Skate America Question | Golden Skate

2010 Skate America Question

Candy clouds

Rinkside
Hi everyone! I was wondernig if anyone here has/know where I can find he gala exhibition of the event (including the gala finale). I looked on Fsvids, but most of the videos there were taken down :(

And if you're wondering, I'm going to watch this to my professor who's also a figure skating fan. :laugh:

Hi everyone! I was wondernig if anyone here has/know where I can find he gala exhibition of the event (including the gala finale). I looked on Fsvids, but most of the videos there were taken down :(

And if you're wondering, I'm going to watch this to my professor who's also a figure skating fan. :laugh:

I don't remember if I have them (another hard drive) but if so, I'll try to repost them over the next week end on Fsvids.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Subscribe to Ice Network. The gala can still be viewed. It's listed in the month of December 2010 in the schedule, because they delayed showing it on IN until after it was shown on US television

I continue to wish that USFS/IN would lighten up in their dogged determination to take down skating videos. I can understand why copyright owners do not want people to get for free the product that the copyright owners are offering for sale.

Still..."A rising tide floats all boats." :) The more publicity generated for figuring skating in general, the more money will eventually find its way into the USFS/IN purse. :yes:

Candy clouds

Rinkside
I don't remember if I have them (another hard drive) but if so, I'll try to repost them over the next week end on Fsvids.

Omg please do!! You are so awesome for helping me out!!! I've been searching the pits of Google and Youtube trying to find this.

Candy clouds

Rinkside
Subscribe to Ice Network. The gala can still be viewed. It's listed in the month of December 2010 in the schedule, because they delayed showing it on IN until after it was shown on US television

Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping it would be free lol... unless you want to give me a season's pass.:biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I continue to wish that USFS/IN would lighten up in their dogged determination to take down skating videos. I can understand why copyright owners do not want people to get for free the product that the copyright owners are offering for sale.

Still..."A rising tide floats all boats." :) The more publicity generated for figuring skating in general, the more money will eventually find its way into the USFS/IN purse. :yes:

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

If I were a potential corporate sponsor with advertising dollars burning a hole in my pocket, I would be less likely to spend them on skating broadcasts if I knew that USFS/IN condoned unauthorized videos. :no:
Fewer advertisers would mean fewer hours of skating programming. How would that outcome be good for the sport, in a big-picture sense?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping it would be free lol... unless you want to give me a season's pass.:biggrin:
Actually, for older content (not current season), if you sign up for an account (as if you were going to post on th forum) with a valid email address you can access it for free.

If I were a potential corporate sponsor with advertising dollars burning a hole in my pocket, I would be less likely to spend them on skating broadcasts if I knew that USFS/IN condoned unauthorized videos. :no:

Not me. How do having videos on You Tube adversely affect advertisers? Smuckers pays some money for advertising spots on TV. After the TV broadcast is over, skating fans can go to You Tube and watch the performances over and over, as their favorite skaters glide by the big Smuckers sign on the boards. Win-win.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not me. How do having videos on You Tube adversely affect advertisers? Smuckers pays some money for advertising spots on TV. After the TV broadcast is over, skating fans can go to You Tube and watch the performances over and over, as their favorite skaters glide by the big Smuckers sign on the boards. Win-win.

But the Smuckers commercials within the broadcasts are not included (in most cases) within the unauthorized videos.

YouTube viewers can see the editorial content (the skating) without Smuckers getting their eyeballs for the commercials. I think an advertiser's point of view would be that if fans are watching the skating over and over, they also should be watching the commercials over and over. Seeing the Smuckers logo on the boards is hardly the same thing.

And some YouTube viewers never saw the commercials on TV in the first place. Perhaps some made no effort to watch the TV broadcast because they had a sense of complacency that the unauthorized videos would show up (sans commercials) on YouTube.

Other YouTube viewers might come across an unauthorized video of Event X because they perform a search for Skater Y, who happened to compete there. Such YT viewers potentially never saw the TV broadcast of Event X -- and never saw the commercials for which the advertiser paid.

But the Smuckers commercials within the broadcasts are not included (in most cases) within the unauthorized videos.

YouTube viewers can see the editorial content (the skating) without Smuckers getting their eyeballs for the commercials. I think an advertiser's point of view would be that if fans are watching the skating over and over, they also should be watching the commercials over and over. Seeing the Smuckers logo on the boards is hardly the same thing...

I guess what I am thinking is if the videos are not on You Tube then people will not be watching them over and over anyway. In which case the advertiser gets nothing from all those non-watchings.

I would see it this way. You Tube videos raise the profile of figure skating in the absolute. The consequence is that more people tune in the next time skating is on TV, and then they see the advertising that the sponsors paid for.

Candy clouds

Rinkside
Actually, for older content (not current season), if you sign up for an account (as if you were going to post on th forum) with a valid email address you can access it for free.

Hi mskater! I tried making a new account and accessing the 2010 Skate America Gala vid, but it says I still have to pay the season's pass. :confused: Do you know anywhere else I can watch it, for free?