cosmos

On the Ice
Ladies
1. Kim (Of course)
2. Sotnikova
3. Gold

I want to see young guns on podium.

Men
1. Chan (He is 3 times world champion. I think he deserves OGM than anybody else in spite of judging controverises in the lat two worlds.)
2. Hanyu
3, Fernandez

Dance
1. D/W
2. V/M

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I find it rather pointless to do this until I see the programs. So much is dependent on that.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Putting all realistic views aside, i would like

Ladies:

Kostner
Kim
Suzuki
Li

Men:
Chan
Fernandez
Hanyu

Pairs:
Savchenko/Szolkowy
Volosozhar/Trankov
Moore-towers/Moskovitch
Kavaguti/Smirnov

Dance:
D/W
V/M ( depending on who has programs i like better)
P/B

bramweld

Record Breaker
I agree with Blades of Passion. I hope the skaters make the choices difficult this season:)

Krislite

Medalist
I find it rather pointless to do this until I see the programs. So much is dependent on that.

Skateluvr made it clear this is nothing but an imaginary/delusional, favorites-focused, wishful thinking thread, so just think of your faves having the Greatest Programs of All Time and then rank them accordingly.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
its really saying who u wish well, hoping all comestogether. its interesting to see who you all love. Fernandez is loved and respected. He is a fave In many hearts.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Skateluvr made it clear this is nothing but an imaginary/delusional, favorites-focused, wishful thinking thread, so just think of your faves having the Greatest Programs of All Time and then rank them accordingly.

exactly, except the delusional part, lol. I'm always for the underdogs and the passed over.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Pair:
V/T
R/D
K/S
B/L

Women:
Mao
Yuna
Liza
Caro
Sot
Gracie

Men:
Plush
Dai
Yuzuru
Patrick
Javi
Taka

Dance:
D/W
V/M
I/K
P/B
W/P
B/S

Cherryy

On the Ice
it's always nice to see different opinions :)

Men:
1. the one that skate's lights out. It would be nice to see Chan skating cleanly and proving he's excellent, but I wouldn't like the judges to hold him up even a tiny bit
2. Yuzuru or Fernandez, preferably Fernandez, since skating in his homecountry could benefitted more rather than skating in Japan if Yuzuru gets silver
3. Plushenko (cause the only Olympic medal he's lacking is bronze)
4. Yuzuru or Fernandez
5. Joubert
6. Denis Ten

Ladies
1. Mao, she deserves it and I'm still telling myself that's quite possible.
2. Yuna
3. Caroline Zhang (alright, here I know it's not going to happen)
4. Akiko Suzuki
5. Tuktamysheva
6. Kostner

Pairs
1. Volosozhar/Trankov
2. Savchenko/Sholkowy
3. Pang/Tong
4. Bazarova/Larionov
5. Duhamel/Radford
6. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch

Ice Dancing
This year's worlds result would be fine, except that it would somehow imply this discipline being boring at the Olympics, I wouldn't like it to be this way

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Ladies:
1st - Asada
2nd - Czisny
3rd - Kostner

Men:
1st - Takahashi
2nd - Chan
3rd - Fernandez

Pairs:
1st - V & T
2nd - S & S
3rd - D & R

Dance:
1st - D & W
2nd - V & M
3rd - S & S
& Would love to see C & B place in the top 10!

noskates

Record Breaker
Wow - this is hard. Strictly and "in your heart" dream list?

Men:

Chan
Abbott
Weir

Women:

Gold
Suzuki
Wagner

Dance:

Charlie and Meryl
(don't care who comes in second and third)

Pairs:

Don't care about the position but would love to see Denney and Coughlin on the podium.

I saw Ice Dreams in Oakland yesterday and the whole audience was blown away by Johnny Weir's black swan Swan Lake. I've watched him from the beginning and have never seen him skate as well. He didn't back off from any of his jumps (did 3 or 4 triple axels that were a thing of beauty) his spins were tight and fast, and he actually played to the audience. Max Aaron on the other hand looked like a young Elvis Stojko. He has very short legs and a long torso so his spins are awkward looking with no apparent line. His choreography was very Stojko reminiscent - trying to do dance moves when you can't dance. I think the only way he's going to win Nationals again or place at the Olys if he has alot of help from the other men. In other words, he'd have to be the only one that skated clean!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think I'm just going to do medalists for some of the disciplines because Top 6 is too hard..

LADIES - I'd like Yu-Na to win as I think she deserves it, and Mao and Ashley both to be on the podium in some order. I do not dislike Kostner, but I do not want to see her on the podium with a flawed performance.

PAIRS - S/S to win, V/T second and either D/R or MT/M third so there's a Canadian team on the podium.

DANCE - D/W to win (so they get their chance), V/M second, and P/B third.

MEN - Daisuke wins, Chan 2nd IF HE DOESN'T FALL, then.. uh.. I'll say Joubert even though I doubt that's gonna happen. This is 'dream', right? lol.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1. Mao (many would have given up trying for the gold medal in her shoes and play it safe to get a medal. Just the fact that she will try 8 triples sends shivers down my spine. She has a true heart of a champion)
2. Caro (because I love her even when she was an awkward looking 15 year old, Bambi on ice)
3. Yuna (because she is one of the greatest skater ever. I know she's likely winning and I would be happy if she does)
4. Sotnikova (to silence all haters)
5. Murakami (to get "hungry" and stay after Sochi)

Men:
1. Daisuke
2. Plushy(this is the first time I am not wishing for one of my old time favorite to win the gold)
3. Javier (how charming can he be?)
4. Kozuka, because of his beautiful, quiet skating
5. Yuzuru

Pairs:

1. S/S
2. V/T
3. M-T/M (fell in love with them at Worlds)
4. P/T
5. K/S

Ice dance

1. D/W (too good to retire without an Oly gold)
2. V/M (because they already have an Oly gold)
3. P/B (because they are my sentimental favorites and had too many downs in their career. Time for some ups!)
4. C/L (how cruel of me to wish them another 4th place, but on the other hand beating the Russians would be exciting)
5. B/S

bebevia

On the Ice
Off-topic, but designs for Sochi 2014's medals were unveiled today:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLgFUS9CEAAEs-3.jpg:large
Woo. Very Russian.
Though, my favourite up to date is still the last Vancouver medals, which looked big, chunky, shiny & DELICIOUS. I wonder why they didn't make chocolate medals out of them as part of the Olympics souvenir collection.

==

As for the podium, Yuna deserves no less than what she's going for; Chan, while controversial, is worth a Gold or Silver in a good condition - otherwise, I'm rooting for Ten and Yuzuru, and maybe Takahashi in the mix. Also, I secretly hope Mirai would climb back to where visible, although less likely, and if not for the podium, then in top 5.

...Now that I look at it, this is so Asian. Therefore, I'd like to mention that I am always rooting for dear Czisny too.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1. Mao (many would have given up trying for the gold medal in her shoes and play it safe to get a medal. Just the fact that she will try 8 triples sends shivers down my spine. She has a true heart of a champion)
2. Caro (because I love her even when she was an awkward looking 15 year old, Bambi on ice)
3. Yuna (because she is one of the greatest skater ever. I know she's likely winning and I would be happy if she does)
4. Sotnikova (to silence all haters)
5. Murakami (to get "hungry" and stay after Sochi)

Men:
1. Daisuke
2. Plushy(this is the first time I am not wishing for one of my old time favorite to win the gold)
3. Javier (how charming can he be?)
4. Kozuka, because of his beautiful, quiet skating
5. Yuzuru

Pairs:

1. S/S
2. V/T
3. M-T/M (fell in love with them at Worlds)
4. P/T
5. K/S

Ice dance

1. D/W (too good to retire without an Oly gold)
2. V/M (because they already have an Oly gold)
3. P/B (because they are my sentimental favorites and had too many downs in their career. Time for some ups!)
4. C/L (how cruel of me to wish them another 4th place, but on the other hand beating the Russians would be exciting)
5. B/S

:thumbsup: to the above placements. I especially love your reasonings, which are very sweet, Mirunna! :yes: I would put Brian for Mens bronze instead; Javi is still young and has 2018. ;) I have my own sentimental favorites in my heart, too, though not all of my dreams for them may not come true.

prettykeys

Medalist
This is fun. I'm taking out YuNa because I'm too overwhelmingly biased for her. :p Let's pretend she changed her mind and retired after the 2013-2014 Grand Prix. Haha!

Ladies:
1) Mao Asada
2) Carolina Kostner
3) Akiko Suzuki
4) Mirai Nagasu :p
5) Kanako Murakami

Men:
1) Daisuke Takahashi
2) Evgeni Plushenko LOL
3) Javier Fernandez
4) Patrick Chan (stay around for PyeongChang!)
5) Denis Ten (you too!)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
This is fun. I'm taking out YuNa because I'm too overwhelmingly biased for her. :p Let's pretend she changed her mind and retired after the 2013-2014 Grand Prix. Haha!

Ladies:
1) Mao Asada
2) Carolina Kostner
3) Akiko Suzuki
4) Mirai Nagasu :p
5) Kanako Murakami

Men:
1) Daisuke Takahashi
2) Evgeni Plushenko LOL
3) Javier Fernandez
4) Patrick Chan (stay around for PyeongChang!)
5) Denis Ten (you too!)

Chan is definitely retiring regardless how he does, but 4th place for him would be my wish too.