Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stop or go on.

Rinkside
    loopy:
    MAy be the stress already stay inside her for the last 6 months so strong that, she even don't want to sent any thank you card to coach. Only ask why another fellow skater girl doesn't show up in the last while.
    She already said that she want to try some gymnastic, and I will find some info. from the community center.
    She is optimistic and I trust that she will settle well in another sport.
    even though a lot of thoughts still going in my brain around this decision, I will try my best to walk out from it and move forward to something else.
    As I always said, I will keep learning.

Rinkside
    she is now trying gymnastic, once a week, 2 hours.
    She enjoy it.
    this is the latest.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Bill Yeung, Thanks for the update!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Yeung View Post
    Daddy's love is still the same no matter she skating or not. ...
    ... I am proud of her. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Yeung View Post
    she is now trying gymnastic, once a week, 2 hours.
    She enjoy it.
    this is the latest.
    Bill, thank you for your update -- and for everything that you have shared in this thread.
    Best wishes to Rainbow, and to you. Wonderful that she is enjoying gymnastics.

Custom Title
    Great to see that you're taking a vested interest in your kid's development. Gymnastics is a great choice for kids... really develops strength, endurance, balance, and flexibility which translates well to other sports. Yeah, just keep checking in with her now and then, and see how she's doing, what her goals are, etc. As she matures a bit more she'll develop more of a sense of whether she wants to be recreational or push to be competitive (and of course there are various streams of being competitive too). As long as she's having fun, has a respectful coach, sets realistic expectations, and you're happy that's all that matters.

Rinkside
    thank you to all your reply. Happy New Year to you all too.
    Rainbow is now joining once a week 2 hours gymnastic, this time, I am smarter no to push in the beginning. ( Actually neither do it in skating) Not watch the lesson, I am bowling just opposite the block! This gymnastic school has competitive program for boys but not girl. I see it as good because she have chance to see what competitive is and their efforts while she has time to observe whether it is her direction down the road.
    yes, I know some girls do pick up skating again later when they feel they want to,
    let see.\
    she is also enjoying her community choir once a week.
    I am glad if she want to follow a road of more relax way.
    anyway, she already enjoyed all the benefit from the figure skating sport, in health, in sport, in character............ no regret indeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2