M/M 1976 Olympics FD video? | Golden Skate

M/M 1976 Olympics FD video?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I can't find Moiseeva/Minenkov silver-medal winning performance (at the Innsbruck Games) video on YT... :confused: There is the video of their 75-76 program, but that was performed in December 1975, I would like to have that specific Olympic performance, since we can watch P/G, O'C/M and L/K FDs and I would like to compare them... Thanks! :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I can't find Moiseeva/Minenkov silver-medal winning performance (at the Innsbruck Games) video on YT... :confused: There is the video of their 75-76 program, but that was performed in December 1975, I would like to have that specific Olympic performance, since we can watch P/G, O'C/M and L/K FDs and I would like to compare them... Thanks! :)

Min and Mo! Oh I really adored them! I remember they have received a lot of criticism, because of their arm movements. If I right remember the NA experts said, flags should be in their hands, and they can wave with them. But I think they were so special and innovative.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
T&D always gave great credit to Moiseeva & Minenkov for inspiring them. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers them very very fondly. I don't remember criticism from US commentators, who called them "Minnie & Mo," :)o: a bit) but loved them.

:slink: But perhaps I would not remember that, considering that I was so fond of them myself. In fact, I was going to look up some of their programs for the beautiful, forgotten programs thread.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
T&D always gave great credit to Moiseeva & Minenkov for inspiring them. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers them very very fondly. I don't remember criticism from US commentators, who called them "Minnie & Mo," :)o: a bit) but loved them.

:slink: But perhaps I would not remember that, considering that I was so fond of them myself. In fact, I was going to look up some of their programs for the beautiful, forgotten programs thread.
Maybe they were European experts...I don't remember perfectly, I was very young, but I'm sure, anybody had that criticism because the commentator said that. I was a little bit angry, because I adored them.

I also liked O'Connor and Millns. Considering they were the only Americans to win any kind of Olympic medal in ice dance until Belbin and Agosto, if memory serves, they got very little respect in their own country. I saw them live once, and they were wonderful.

herios

Medalist

You are not the only one, I also adored them, they were my favorite team in the 70's. I was mad like hell, when Lin/Kar passed them in 1978 and then Reg/Sal in 1979 as well.
And I know their program from the 976 Olympics is not on youtube, I was searching for it, a few years back and still not there?
And by the ay, Irina still looks great, she was a gorgeus young lady!