News from German figure skating | Golden Skate

News from German figure skating

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Very good news! Any word from Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert?I believe he has aged out for Juniors. Are they going to continue competing together?

Tatjana

On the Ice
Very good news! Any word from Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert?I believe he has aged out for Juniors. Are they going to continue competing together?

Yes, Ruben is too old for juniors now while Annabelle is too young for ISU senior level championships. But they continue training together and they are are planning to attend other events. They are eligible to compete in International Senior B events and the Grand Prix (although they don't have an assignment yet, but maybe they'll get in as substitutes).
You can also read our interview with them from Junior Worlds where they talk about plans for the upcoming season (available in German and in English): http://www.figureskating-online.com/proelss-blommaert.html

Tatjana

On the Ice
Not directly related to figure skating, but Ingo Steuer started a donation action for victims of the flood in Chemnitz. He and his friends are collectin donations and are selling a special flood T-Shirt with most of the income being donated as well.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately I missed this thread the other day, and so got a big shock when I went into Facebook there now and spotted the wedding photos!

Congratulations Dany and Maylin!!!

I hope you are really happy together, and have a very prosperous future, both on and off the ice! ;) :biggrin:

By the way, great interview, Tatjana!

And thank you for the info about Annabelle and Ruben. It’s a shame that the age difference means they have to take a year out, but they are a really hot prospect for the future. So hopefully they will use this time to get fully prepared for the big stage!

The next few years are looking very promising for German Pairs skating!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan