Thread: My Weaver & Poje 2013-2014 season predictions

Banned

My Weaver & Poje 2013-2014 season predictions

1. They will win their first grand prix event, the gold at Rostelecom Cup, upsetting the favored Bobrova & Soloviev on their home ice. This combined with a 2nd place finish behind Virtue & Moir at Skate Canada will easily qualify them for the Grand Prix final after missing out last year.

2. They will easily qualify for their first Olympics with an overwhelming 2nd place finish at Canadians, far above all those behind.

3. They will not medal in Sochi, most likely finishing around 5th place.

4. They will medal at the post Olympic Worlds, maybe aided by a Virtue & Moir WD, but even if V&M are there, they will win the bronze. Olympics are not in Europe, friendlier environment for them.

5. They will win their first Grand Prix final medal, a bronze.

I look forward to bumping this thread when I am right, like I do many threads I am right on every year it seems.

Custom Title
    Wow, what predictions do you have for P/B, C/B, C/L? Wow

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I look forward to bumping this thread when I am right, like I do many threads I am right on every year it seems.
    Your predictions are rarely correct, mostly only when they are completely obvious and then you try to act like you are some kind of genius for saying something everyone already knew. You change your opinion every 2 seconds anyway. One minute someone's career can be dead, in your opinion, and the next minute they have a good competition and you talk about how they are favorites for a medal at their next competition, yada yada yada.

Custom Title
    The Olympics are in Europe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    yada yada yada.
    Indeed that sums up all your posts and rambling arguments on this forum. Stay pressed bitter queen. I will always be smarter than you, deal with it.

Banned

but in reality they will be passed over by Chock/Bates

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    4. They will medal at the post Olympic Worlds, maybe aided by a Virtue & Moir WD, but even if V&M are there, they will win the bronze. Olympics are not in Europe, friendlier environment for them.
    For the record:
    Virtue/Moir have never said that they will compete at 2014 Worlds, so their absence would not be a withdrawal.
    If anything, I think V/M have given the impression (or maybe even have said outright) that they will conclude their competitive career at the Olympics -- and that 2013 Worlds were extra-special for them not only because their hometown was the host, but also because it was their final year of competing at Worlds.

2. They will easily qualify for their first Olympics with an overwhelming 2nd place finish at Canadians, far above all those behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    ... you try to act like you are some kind of genius for saying something everyone already knew. ...
    PTF, some of your predictions are bolder, but regarding #2, I have to agree with Blades.
    I will be very happy for Weaver/Poje if/when they place second at Nats (for the fourth time) and qualify for Sochi, but no one will be surprised (assuming that they are healthy this season, knock on wood).
    What would be surprising is if they do not qualify, heaven forfend.

Custom Title
    It's pretty obvious that W/P will finish 2nd at Nationals. Gilles/Poirier's 18th place at Worlds showed Skate Canada that G/P are no threat to W/P as far as ISU judges are concerned.

Also, G/P got two nasty GP assignments this coming season. At NHK, they face Davis/White, Cappellini/Lanotte, the Russians I/K and the Shibs; they are likely to place in the bottom half there. At CoR, they are in just as tough company: Weaver/Poje, Bobrova / Soloviev, Chock / Bates and Riazanova / Tkachenko; even Heekin-Canedy / Dun beat them at Worlds.

Rinkside
    Speaking of G/P. Does anyone have any idea how Paul Poirier is doing recuperating from his injury?

Custom Title
    Didn't realize he was injured. Hope he heals fully, soon.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

but in reality they will be passed over by Chock/Bates
    I for one will not be surprised if Chock/Bates win COR or place second to Bobrova/Soloviev. They beat W/P by a really wide margin at WTT. And the judges seem to like them a lot.