According to this interview, Evgeni Plushenko plans on competing in both team and individual events in Sochi:
Keypoints from the interview:
- He thinks there is enough time in between the events to recover for the individual competition.
- He said it's great to have a team event.
- He is planning to compete in the GP in Moscow and some other national and international events, and also the European Championships
- He is now preparing his new programs at the base in Novogorsk, but didn't yet give any information about them
- He is not travelling to Israel for a scheduled check up by the doctor who did the back surgery as this doctor is coming to Russia and will see him there