Plushenko plans to compete in team & individual events in Sochi | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Plushenko plans to compete in team & individual events in Sochi

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:eek::jaw: Honestly, Evgeni in this clip is UNREAL to me...
He does NOT AT ALL need to practice these 4T and 3A this early in the season, don't you think? Because I believe those wonderful jumps are FOREVER in his body's muscle memory. And in order to avoid from re-injuring himself. He should rather save them until next January (Euro) and Sochi!

Evgeni Plushenko says: "Do not worry, I jump carefully." ;)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
A few of the quads (at 0:45 and 1:21) looked UR'ed, you can see the hook on the landing. I'm sure they will be ready for competition though.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko is in a good shape and what a nice surprise for August! He definitely will be fighting for gold , if continue like this. Wish him good health and take care.

"For the next six months, he will forgot that he loves also football, tennis and golf. For now on, only figure skating and the new program. And already going to Sochi to explore the Olympic ice."

the whole translation to the video: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=191&p=79565#p79565

Robeye

Final Flight
If Evgeni makes it through the season in one piece and is on the podium at Sochi, I will protest on the grounds that he is not human!

(The first cyborg medalist :laugh:)

LRK

Record Breaker
The Pluminator. :)

@plushyfan - I believe there's some fan art with him as "the Pluminator", is there not? (I know you'll know where to lay your hands on it if it's still around. :) )

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The list of ladies you mentioned all make up a very strong and accomplised list of competitors. The results show the international judges consistently had Sasha on the podium, even with the mistakes. One can have a opinion as to which quad was stronger than another, but that doesn't change the record books.

deedee1

Record Breaker
No. He is Vitaly Balikin. Plushy's off ice trainer and friend, he was a runner.

Evgeni Plushenko says: "Do not worry, I jump carefully." ;)

Thanks a lot as always, plushyfan! :)
I still love this Sasha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRJm3kIkPU
I love love love every bit and moment of this program. Just look at gorgeous camel positions he hit at spins, and pitch-perfect straight-line step sequence. Aaaaand his angelic smile at the end! Priceless. :love:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Tatjana Flade on FSU:
New interview with Evgeni Plushenko here: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/11164.html
Keypoints:
- FS is "Best of Plushenko", a selection of music he has used in former programs. He names "Godfather", "Adagio", "Tosca", "Tango Amore". When I was at the training camp in Italy I also heard "Sheherazade" and "Tango de Roxanne", but I don't know if that was the final version of the music. I thought that this idea is actually cool, although I usually don't like if too many music pieces are mixed together
- he is in Sotchi at the training camp but not sure if he will take part in the test skate due to a minor foot problem and also because he needs to be careful with his back
- he hopes to compete at Cup of Russia (Grand Prix in Moscow), Russian Nationals, European Championships and Olympic Games
- he knows that he will have to skate the team event as well and is ready for it. But he said if he is not healthy enough to compete four programs in Sotchi he will not go to the Olympic Games as he doesn't want to let down his team. Then a younger skater should go and compete.

I'm sure, english translation of the whole article will be soon.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I actually like the idea. And remembering the pieces of music...Edvin Marton did three of the four, so I'm sure what they would do is get Edvin to make an arrangement of the selected pieces, so there would be no choppy edits. The music should mesh well together.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Godfather, Adagio, Tosca, Tango Amore all in one program? Sounds awful.

This reminds me of what Manley did for her 1988 Olympic FS. She skated an inspired performance but the music cuts weren't very good. Plushenko will have a lot of Russian fans in Sochi so I'm sure they will appreciate this program.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I actually like the idea. And remembering the pieces of music...Edvin Marton did three of the four, so I'm sure what they would do is get Edvin to make an arrangement of the selected pieces, so there would be no choppy edits. The music should mesh well together.

It's very important they all mesh well! Not be choppy at all! But is that possible! Seems dangerous! Unified programs are in! Remember his Michael Jackson SP 2001-2002? That was a lot of different music put together! But if Marton is doing all the music then maybe he could make it a whole piece of music but incorporating all the music?? It would be a new piece but like "that's godfather influence! that's tango influence!" Not just be taking music from plushenko programs and having 20 seconds of this and 20 seconds of that and 30 seconds of that!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
To be honest, competing a FS of all his past programs is totally self-indulgent and not a good idea. While it's an understandable "final skate" piece for him, and the fans will certainly appreciate it, something like this is way more appropriate for an exhibition.

I doubt it will be well-received by the judges... how do you mark interpretation for a performance with 4+ different types of music?

Cherryy

On the Ice
- he knows that he will have to skate the team event as well and is ready for it. But he said if he is not healthy enough to compete four programs in Sotchi he will not go to the Olympic Games as he doesn't want to let down his team. Then a younger skater should go and compete.

I always heard Plushy saying he's going to go to the Olympics, win it all and be proud (after all, skaters should be self-confident ;)) and it's probably the first time he's admitting there might be a slight chance he can't make it and won't go to the Olys. I wonder whether he started to be a bit more objective, worried or his health problems are more serious than they should be right now?
What do you think, Plushyfan? You're the one that will know the best! :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I always heard Plushy saying he's going to go to the Olympics, win it all and be proud (after all, skaters should be self-confident ;)) and it's probably the first time he's admitting there might be a slight chance he can't make it and won't go to the Olys. I wonder whether he started to be a bit more objective, worried or his health problems are more serious than they should be right now?
What do you think, Plushyfan? You're the one that will know the best! :)

No, you are wrong. After his surgery he was very careful in his interview. When he started the preparing seriously, he didn't gave interview. In 23 of june the doctor allowed him to jumping jumps on the ice! And he never said he will win in Sochi. He said he will do everything for that, he can skate in Russian OG, and if he can go to Sochi he will do everything for his best skating,and he would like to stand the podium. No more. He knows there are many good younger skaters, who have chance to win the OG. His health problems was very serious, but his recovery is well under way. But he had many injuries in his life and will be 31, I think he is very careful, he doesn't know what will be happen. And I think, in this case it is not just about him, he feels responsible for Russia's team, if he won't be in such a condition that he can do 4 programs, doesn't go to Sochi..