Plushenko plans to compete in team & individual events in Sochi | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Plushenko plans to compete in team & individual events in Sochi

gmyers

Record Breaker
I had no idea there was a recent banning! I didn't see any posts about LT!!! :( :(

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I had no idea there was a recent banning! I didn't see any posts about LT!!! :( :(
She was a real treasure. She knows Russian, English and Japanese...So she brought the news from all over the skating world.

ciocio

On the Ice
I don´t know, I think it was due to a post on one of Yuna´s threads.
I also enjoyed LT´s reports and I respected her because she was always ready to deal with very aggressive posters, who, by the way, weren´t banned, but I think she was sometimes biased against some skaters and their fans.
I hope she wasn´t banned because of her opinions on Yuna´s skating, it would be very unfair. :disapp:

emdee

Final Flight
I found that while LT's information was good , LT was very disrespectful of other skaters. She was snide, obnoxious and very very biased. I cannot respect someone who posts in this way. All of us have our favourites but we do not wish evil on others' favourites. I found her very confrontational and aggressive for no reason whatsoever.

vera01

Final Flight
I also enjoyed LT´s reports and I respected her because she was always ready to deal with very aggressive posters, who, by the way, weren´t banned, but I think she was sometimes biased against some skaters and their fans.
I hope she wasn´t banned because of her opinions on Yuna´s skating, it would be very unfair. :disapp:

Yes, while LT's posts were informative at times, but she basically insulted every single Yuna fans(or, "Yuna fans") who defended Yuna. I believe this was the reason LT was banned.

Also, I found her opinions on Yuna to be mostly illogical. Trying to downplay Yuna's skates from 2013 Worlds just because Mao lost to Yuna doesn't make you logical, does it?

giulia95

Medalist
May be it’s just a little bit unfair to talk not kindly about a poster who can’t replay in order to defend herself ....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
May be it’s just a little bit unfair to talk not kindly about a poster who can’t replay in order to defendi herself ....

I agree. I get that some of you bumped heads with LT and her brash style was a big turn off for many of you, but I think it's a bit unfair to lash out on a single poster regardless, especially one who isn't here anymore.

FWIW, I did enjoy her photos and show reports. And while I disagreed with many of her opinions, I do think she brought something to the table.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I agree. I get that some of you bumped heads with LT and her brash style was a big turn off for many of you, but I think it's a bit unfair to lash out on a single poster regardless, especially one who isn't here anymore.

FWIW, I did enjoy her photos and show reports. And while I disagreed with many of her opinions, I do think she brought something to the table.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Not because, she was a Plu's fan, she was very informative and entertaining.. Some people is very sensitive in my opinion..

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
May be it’s just a little bit unfair to talk not kindly about a poster who can’t replay in order to defend herself ....

The same always goes to the skaters, the coaches, and everyone else who were constantly bashed, accused, and/or belittled, doesn't it?!;)

Anyway, where is Seniorita? I miss the fun Plushenko thread she lead to!

I hope this thread will go on until Sochi!!! :popcorn:

I have no doubt it will!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The same always goes to the skaters, the coaches, and everyone else who were constantly bashed, accused, and/or belittled, doesn't it?!;)

Anyway, where is Seniorita? I miss the fun Plushenko thread she lead to!

Of course. But there are plenty of posters who have been obnoxious and brash too. I don't think LT has the corner on that by any means.

ForeverFish

Medalist
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Not because, she was a Plu's fan, she was very informative and entertaining.. Some people is very sensitive in my opinion..

Unfortunately, it had gotten to the point where it was no longer an issue of being sensitive/easily offended, but of having general respect for other posters. Saying that someone should be "institutionalized" for holding different opinions than yourself is not, IMO, a courteous comment.

I agree with Mrs. P and giulia95, however. What's done is done. Now that LT isn't here anymore, there's not much sense in griping about her. Let's move on...

cooper

Medalist

it wasn't about yuna's skating she got banned.. before you start crying.. try talking to the mods..:rolleye: i believe she was warned first like others.. but she continued to insult other posters who were just simply made their point and then start attacking them.. she's no different from those crazy bots..:rolleye:

Such a relief to hear that Seniorita is fine. I really miss her posts. She is both well informed and very witty.

As for LT, I found her very generous in terms of supplying links and translations in several language and across several cultures. Someone versed in both Russian and Japanese is a distinct asset. On the other hand, sometimes she was breathtakingly insulting. And her insults were personal, both to posters and to skaters. Well, the skaters aren't here reading the posts, so it's no skin off their noses. But you can't know how an insult will affect some poster who might be insecure, ill, suffering, or just vulnerable at that moment, and therefore it's both discourteous and uncharitable to speak like that even in the anonymity of the Web. I don't say this to disparage LT, who's free to take her conversational style elsewhere, but because we all need to remember to ramp it down sometimes. We get impassioned about our favorite skaters, but it's not necessary to win every confrontation. After all, Mao and YuNa, Plushenko and Chan, or any other skaters will not stand or fall because of the strength of their fans' debating skills.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Such a relief to hear that Seniorita is fine. I really miss her posts. She is both well informed and very witty.

As for LT, I found her very generous in terms of supplying links and translations in several language and across several cultures. Someone versed in both Russian and Japanese is a distinct asset. On the other hand, sometimes she was breathtakingly insulting. And her insults were personal, both to posters and to skaters. Well, the skaters aren't here reading the posts, so it's no skin off their noses. But you can't know how an insult will affect some poster who might be insecure, ill, suffering, or just vulnerable at that moment, and therefore it's both discourteous and uncharitable to speak like that even in the anonymity of the Web. I don't say this to disparage LT, who's free to take her conversational style elsewhere, but because we all need to remember to ramp it down sometimes. We get impassioned about our favorite skaters, but it's not necessary to win every confrontation. After all, Mao and YuNa, Plushenko and Chan, or any other skaters will not stand or fall because of the strength of their fans' debating skills.

As usual, Olympia, you are always high-class. :thumbsup:

And yeah, I miss Seniorita also! Comeback!!!

yaya124

On the Ice

Agreed.

But need to point out, it will always be fans (posters) who suffer on such forum, not the skaters (at least not directly). Fans are suffering not only because of the direct personal insult, which IMO actually cause less damage to the posters' mind (for example, you can call me stupid, I do not care.), but also suffering from other fans ill talking about their favorites and hence challenging their aesthetics. So it actually does not really matter if the words are polite or malicious. Being hypocritical (or arrogant) is equally bad as being insulting.

Some people decide only speak for/talk about their favorite, but leave other skaters in peace, others tend to praise their favorite while dismiss other skaters (hence challenge their fans). It will be always like that on such forums unfortunately.

Again, not saying what LT did are OK, just pointing out the facts about such forums.

giulia95

Medalist
But need to point out, it will always be fans (posters) who suffer on such forum, not the skaters (at least not directly). Fans are suffering not only because of the direct personal insult, which IMO actually cause less damage to the posters' mind (for example, you can call me stupid, I do not care.), but also suffering from other fans ill talking about their favorites and hence challenging their aesthetics. So it actually does not really matter if the words are polite or malicious. Being hypocritical (or arrogant) is equally bad as being insulting.

:agree: