Siblings who share the skating "gene" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Siblings who share the skating "gene"

Bea

On the Ice
Some more examples:
- Alexandra and Roman Zaretsky (ice dance)
- Nicholas Buckland's brother, Joseph is a junior ice dancer. He skates with Olivia Smart.
- Rachel and Dmitry Epstein are twins who are a junior pair skating team for the Netherlands.
- Michal Brezina and Eliska Brezinova

Annette and Veronika Dytrt. They skated together at the 1999 Euro Gala.
Annette won three different nationals : 1999 Czech nationals, 2003 French nationals (as an invited skater, only Didier and Calvez in the field), and German nationals five time (2003-2006 and 2009).
Veronika skated at German nationals until 1998 and then was either bronze or silver medalist at Czech nationals from 1999 to 2002.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Viktor and Vladimir Petrenko. Both won Junior Worlds--Viktor in 1984, Vlad in 1986. At 1988 senior Worlds, Viktor was 3rd and Vlad 10th. Vlad also twice won bronze medals at Skate America.

Lilli

Rinkside
Sandra Bezic and her brother Val were Canadian pairs champions from 1970 to 1974.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Just thought of another--Isabelle and Veronique Delobel. Twin sisters who both competed at the senior level in ice dancing for France. Veronique competed in the early 2000s with Olivier Chapuis.

And, speaking of ice dancing siblings, we can't forget Isabelle & Paul Duchesnay.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Australia trumps most of you - the four Dodds brothers, Matthew, Andrew, Jordan and Ryan, three of whom ALSO skate pairs in addition to singles!

Here is Jordan: his FP at JGP Lake Placid

With his partner Eliza Smyth at Lake Placid, SP, two hours after the Men's SP in which he also competed. I saw this program live tonight, and it was just beautiful. The video really doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Matthew and Ryan also do pairs and Ryan, let me tell you right now, is absolutely gorgeous. Really expressive, great connection with his partner.

Speaking of Australia, Danielle and Stephen Carr, 19 time nationals pairs champions. Four more for Stephen as a single skater.

heyang

Record Breaker
Steigler's - Stephanie skated with John Zimmerman. Younger siblings Johnny and Tiffany skated pairs, as well. Eventually, Johnny retired. Tiffani tried other partners and even moved to ice dance.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sandra and Val Bezic who were Canadian Pairs Champions and competed at the 1972 Olympics.

Steigler's - Stephanie skated with John Zimmerman. Younger siblings Johnny and Tiffany skated pairs, as well. Eventually, Johnny retired. Tiffani tried other partners and even moved to ice dance.

I'm really sorry that Tiffany couldn't gain a foothold. She was such an interesting skater. I was really hopeful when she switched to ice dance. Was it just bad luck with partners? Does anyone know where she is today?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
the Duchesnay's, The Garrasinos, The Shibutanis, Sarah and Emily Hughes and to a point Michelle and Karen Kwan and Mao and Mai asada seemed to have the skating gene:) the Baldwin brothers seemed to have more money than gene.

skatesindreams

Rinkside
Bruce, Nancy and Carol Heiss were all successful competitors at the US Championships
Nancy joined Carol on three World teams.

skatel80

On the Ice
I guess Gracie and Carly Gold could be another example of this sibling "gene." Although Gracie is the stronger skater and "famous" for her name, Carly has more than shown her stuff at regional and sectional competitions before, almost qualifying for US Nationals last season.

yeah I was surprised by what a lovely skater carly was after only hearing about gracie, quite a strong jumper and a lovely skater to watch I hope she makes it to nationals next season she was so close at midwesterns last season! :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kris Wirtz (pairs partner and husband of Kristy Seargeant) was coached by his brother, Paul Wirtz (now deceased) and Kirs' nephew Sean Wirtz was also a pair skater.