Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Siblings who share the skating "gene"

Steigler's - Stephanie skated with John Zimmerman. Younger siblings Johnny and Tiffany skated pairs, as well. Eventually, Johnny retired. Tiffani tried other partners and even moved to ice dance.

Sandra and Val Bezic who were Canadian Pairs Champions and competed at the 1972 Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Steigler's - Stephanie skated with John Zimmerman. Younger siblings Johnny and Tiffany skated pairs, as well. Eventually, Johnny retired. Tiffani tried other partners and even moved to ice dance.
    I'm really sorry that Tiffany couldn't gain a foothold. She was such an interesting skater. I was really hopeful when she switched to ice dance. Was it just bad luck with partners? Does anyone know where she is today?

Custom Title
    the Duchesnay's, The Garrasinos, The Shibutanis, Sarah and Emily Hughes and to a point Michelle and Karen Kwan and Mao and Mai asada seemed to have the skating gene the Baldwin brothers seemed to have more money than gene.

Medalist
    Bruce, Nancy and Carol Heiss were all successful competitors at the US Championships
    Nancy joined Carol on three World teams.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I guess Gracie and Carly Gold could be another example of this sibling "gene." Although Gracie is the stronger skater and "famous" for her name, Carly has more than shown her stuff at regional and sectional competitions before, almost qualifying for US Nationals last season.
    yeah I was surprised by what a lovely skater carly was after only hearing about gracie, quite a strong jumper and a lovely skater to watch I hope she makes it to nationals next season she was so close at midwesterns last season!

Custom Title
    The Baldwins (John and Don).

Christopher & Steven Pottenger. In 2003 they won the US Novice & Junior National titles respectively.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Kris Wirtz (pairs partner and husband of Kristy Seargeant) was coached by his brother, Paul Wirtz (now deceased) and Kirs' nephew Sean Wirtz was also a pair skater.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    the Baldwin brothers seemed to have more money than gene.
    Meow!

Rinkside
    Javier Fernandez's elder sister Laura was the first lady to compete in Europeans for Spain, in 2005 (finished 28th in SP). There used to be a youtube video of her doing ice show years ago, but no longer available now.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    Christopher & Steven Pottenger. In 2003 they won the US Novice & Junior National titles respectively.
    BTW: Steven Pottenger just got married over the weekend to his pairs partner Kendra Moyle. He now is a Team Canton coach, and many skaters attended the wedding.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bltracy View Post
    Javier Fernandez's elder sister Laura was the first lady to compete in Europeans for Spain
    She was not the first lady to compete in Europeans for Spain.

But I don't know if any of the previous Spanish ladies who competed at Europeans (most of whom seem to have been named Marta) had skating siblings.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Sarah and Emily Hughes both went to the Olympics in singles, with Sarah even winning an OGM.

Custom Title
    Yipes, we forgot the Hughes girls? Yipes. Let me check back.

Yes, until you pointed it out, they weren't mentioned. At least we saved our honor by bringing up Michelle and Karen Kwan earlier.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast