Which music would you love to see skated to (& by who)? | Golden Skate

Which music would you love to see skated to (& by who)?

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Are there any pieces of music you would love to see skaters skate to? For me:

1) As mentioned on this thread I'd love to see Alissa Czisny skate to the 'Downton Abbey' suite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ULKKJ5UpI

2) Alissa Czisny skating to 'My Sweet and Tender Beast'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUg7KLAclA

3) Virtue & Moir skating to 'My Sweet and Tender Beast'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUg7KLAclA

4) Kim Yu-Na to 'Carmen' (Habanera, Toreadors, etc). Yes, it's over skated to, but Kim Yu-Na is so spectacular so I'd love to see how she presents it.

Would love to hear your thoughts :)

I've never been fond of the twelve-tone composers, but I like your idea of something new in the way of music. Other violin concertos that might have sections to skate to are the Sibelius and the Dvorak. For some reason, I'm not fond of the Brahms, but his double concerto is a favorite of mine. YuNa or Mao could interpret any of those.

Isn't that a traditional folk melody? I think Rodnina and Zaitsev used to skate to it as well.

figureskate

On the Ice
v/m to skate to "the legend of 900". That soundtrack is just awesome, I loved Dai's ex program to it (the crisis) and I hope it would be more used in figure skating. I think it will be great that a dance team with great flow skates to it, and some tracks could be used for finnstep :yes:

blue eyed birds

Spectator
v/m to skate to "the legend of 900". That soundtrack is just awesome, I loved Dai's ex program to it (the crisis) and I hope it would be more used in figure skating. I think it will be great that a dance team with great flow skates to it, and some tracks could be used for finnstep :yes:

Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam actually just had a lovely FD to it last season, which used "The Crisis" among other tracks. :)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Isn't that a traditional folk melody? I think Rodnina and Zaitsev used to skate to it as well.

yes-wonderful folk melody that many Russians have skated to=perfect for mao with a gorgeous costume. I think katia may have used it too. the perfect Russian doll

altuixde

On the Ice
Lullaby Journey is my favorite album (it's incorrectly titled on the iTunes Store). Most of the pieces in it have words, so skaters would have to wait until the 2014-2015 season to skate to them. They could be used in exhibition programs in the Olympic season, though.

Kuan

Final Flight
I would like to see someone skate to my favourite Kreisler piece Tambourin Chinois. This is a version of David Garett
It is great piece for a young Mao or a young Yuna. I think a lot of speed and youthful charm and joy is necessary to perform it well. Maybe something for Li Zijun? I think it would suit her style now. Or Akiko?...Hmmm, she is older but it could be fitting as well....:think:

ForeverFish

Medalist
This may be random, but I'd love to see Yuna skate to "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy." It's not an easy piece to interpret, since it's soft and lyrical and graceful throughout, but Yuna is one of the few ladies who could pull it off with finesse.

Taan

On the Ice
I want YUNA to skate to OTONAL by Raul di Blasio , so perfect for her!!!!

I would like to see someone skate to my favourite Kreisler piece Tambourin Chinois. This is a version of David Garett
It is great piece for a young Mao or a young Yuna. I think a lot of speed and youthful charm and joy is necessary to perform it well. Maybe something for Li Zijun? I think it would suit her style now. Or Akiko?...Hmmm, she is older but it could be fitting as well....:think:

I like that piece, too. What a great idea for a skating program. Besides being an amusing, interesting piece of music, it hasn't been done to death by skater after skater.

altuixde

On the Ice
I'd love to hear more Thomas Newman.

1. Finding Nemo

:yes: The engineering and mastering of the Finding Nemo soundtrack is amazing! It sounds better on the CD than on YouTube. I wonder if this quality would come across through an arena's sound system. Some of the audio cues from the movie are a little odd, though; but those can be easily removed.