Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kim promises no regrets as Koreans gear up for Sochi

Rinkside

Kim promises no regrets as Koreans gear up for Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Yay!

Kim may not compete in Pyeongchang, but she will be all over the 2018 Games even so. Someone has to light the torch, right?

Plus, she'll be schmoozing with heads of state, drumming up support for UNICEF. mentoring young athletes -- you name it. They will have to set up a special television network just for her public appearances -- all Yuna, all the time.
    And, she and Michelle will skate in the closing ceremony to "Hero".

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I'll be very surprised if she doesn't win this time around.

I can't wait to see Yuna as THE face of the 2018 Games.
    Hopefully by then Korea will have another medal contender to cheer for. I really hope to see So-Youn Park or Hae-Jin Kim blossom into wonderful skaters and continue Yu-Na's legacy.

As for Yu-Na in 2018, I do think she'll be heavily involved in promoting the games so it will be nice to see her sticking so close to it. Maybe she'll get a position on one of the news networks as a special correspondent for the duration of the games? Either way, I know we'll see a lot of her.

As far as her competing, I don't think that will happen. She said she plans to make Sochi her last competition and I believe her. Not only that but by that time she will have done so much for her federation, I don't understand how they could possibly bring themselves to ask/force/pressure her to compete yet again. At some point enough is enough...

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Hopefully by then Korea will have another medal contender to cheer for. I really hope to see So-Youn Park or Hae-Jin Kim blossom into wonderful skaters and continue Yu-Na's legacy.

As for Yu-Na in 2018, I do think she'll be heavily involved in promoting the games so it will be nice to see her sticking so close to it. Maybe she'll get a position on one of the news networks as a special correspondent for the duration of the games? Either way, I know we'll see a lot of her.

As far as her competing, I don't think that will happen. She said she plans to make Sochi her last competition and I believe her. Not only that but by that time she will have done so much for her federation, I don't understand how they could possibly bring themselves to ask/force/pressure her to compete yet again. At some point enough is enough...
    By "this time around," I meant next year's Olympics -- 2014. I agree; I think she'll really be done after Sochi, and there isn't much more that the federation can reasonably ask of her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2