Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: 2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Seriously though, can we talk about Courtney Hicks for a sec?

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Courtne...ic/z7uonUAc4ye

Beautiful dress, good makeup, neat hair.

Indecisive tights.

Either stuff them in your boots or put 'em all the way over!

I know everyone wants to stand out, but this is not in a good way.
    Look like orthopedic hose. Of course, some skaters might really need them.

I guess it is me, but everything I have watched so far smacks of an irritating freneticism. Is the word out that that is what the judges are looking for this Olympic year?

Wonder whose idea it was for Max to wear gloves?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    A longer version of Max Aaron's FS (thanks again to dardar1126 for posting the link on FSU).
    Includes slo-mo of his second quad salchow + his reaction in the kiss and cry. As he awaits the scores, his dissatisfaction with his skate already is clear.

Thanks also to YouTuber uzd fs.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I also have wondered. Seems that Max has tended to wear gloves for several of his past programs -- not only from last season, but also going further back.

OTOH (no pun intended ), Max's Tron gloves were faithful to the movie's costumes, and his half-gloves (fingerless gloves, or whatever they are called) looked right for the West Side Story gang aesthetic.

That said, I'm glad that Max skated his new SP without gloves, for a nice little change.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I hate gloves on guys when they're skating, it makes their arms "too long" looking... Evan especially.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by islandpaddler View Post
    Courtney Hicks' too-dark tights half off, half on her boots was a big distraction for me. It's more of a sporty look, I think. I worked okay for the ice dance couple where she was wearing a black dress with black tights. However, Courtney had on a more sophisticated dress that called out for lighter color tights and either in or out of her boots. Not halfway. I didn't care much for Max's hair either but it wasn't nearly as distracting as Courtney's boots. I thought she was much improved over last season, so let's get the whole package in place.
    Ummm,...i don't see any dark tights other than the flesh colored ones which is just meh

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Dates have been set for next year's Salt Lake Classic - September 10-14, 2014.
    Thank you for the information. I have added the date to my calendar.

Custom Title
    Interesting that so many videos have survived on the web. I think the obvious thing for Icenetwork to do at this point, is to simply launch their own YouTube channel. I mean, after a few weeks, who really watches these programs anyway? Might as well broaden their reach and profile.

Custom Title
    Does the scores from this competition count for seasons best?

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30