2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah] | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah]

KKonas

Medalist
Briefly on dance practice - W/P did SP. Poje off on twizzles but otherwise looked good. Weaver said when she was nursing her injury last season she thought about using music from the musical 42nd St as she had always loved it and even skated to this music when she was six years old. They are doing a tango for the FD.

D/W performed parts of their FD. Very passionate performance from the parts we could see. Wore practice costumes. Davis said she wanted to wait for the actual competition before revealing the FD costume but said she had several different costumes made. Charlie said Derek Hough worked on the SD while they were in LA for the Olympic photo shoot.

freedance

Rinkside
Briefly on dance practice - W/P did SP. Poje off on twizzles but otherwise looked good. Weaver said when she was nursing her injury last season she thought about using music from the musical 42nd St as she had always loved it and even skated to this music when she was six years old. They are doing a tango for the FD.

D/W performed parts of their FD. Very passionate performance from the parts we could see. Wore practice costumes. Davis said she wanted to wait for the actual competition before revealing the FD costume but said she had several different costumes made. Charlie said Derek Hough worked on the SD while they were in LA for the Olympic photo shoot.

thank you so much for sharing !

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is this the right thread to post a question about the U.S. Challenge Skate? I can't figure out which skater is currently in the first image on the front page of icenetwork.com. She's wearing a red dress and doing a layback. The headline for the photo is "Watch the 2013 U.S. Challenge Skate Live!" Here's a link to the list of competitors:

http://www.usfigureskatingclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Challenge-Skate-Entries1.pdf

Can anyone help me out?

It's not on the front page right now.

Photo 6 of this gallery? Asian girl with the red dress with black lined ruffles? Rebecca Peng.

Oops forgot the link: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/60372654

Last edited:

samson

Medalist
AND THE COMPETITION BEGINS!

and so does the video skipping... :sarcasm:

teams are just warming up. Love Meryl's dress - as always.

samson

Medalist
Weaver and Poje looked nice out there. Honestly they looked a little uncomfortable in the style to me but we'll have to see how it develops. The dress is nice. Very 42nd Street.

samson

Medalist
Missed the scores and the second team because the feed froze. This second team is with Shpilband. Waiting for the scores - it looks like the techinical panel is really reviewing.

48.17 for the Lithuanians.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For anyone who is willing to tear her- or himself away from the SD in progress:

Aaron jumps out ahead of Carriere in men's short
Farris gives quad a try in international debut; Hochstein takes fourth

Posted 9/12/13 by Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/12/60446802

Accompanying Men's SP photo gallery from IN:

One additional Max Aaron detail re his FS, from a TSL Facebook post last night:
"He designed the costume he will wear tomorrow."
https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson/posts/402493346539306

samson

Medalist
Nice start to the season for Meryl and Charlie. They make it look so easy. It's still in the early stages but once they have really running I think they could just fly with this. Really finding that romantic quality will take it to the next level. I like the Finn Step on them. It almost looked like they had actually choreographed the step to the music. Good on Marina for that! For me, that's when it got really exciting.

It was interesting to see Igor sitting in the Kiss and Cry watching them skate and Marina a few feet in front of him standing at the boards.

In Kiss and Cry Charlie said it felt really good but there were things to work on.

So far top 4 are:
Davis/White - 73.67
Weaver/Poje - 62.61
Tobias/Deividas - 48.17
Telegina/Japaridze - 42.15

It's really occurring to me what a shame it is the Shibutani's had to withdraw. It could have been great to see them skate against Weaver and Poje, but alas.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Nice start to the season for Meryl and Charlie. They make it look so easy. It's still in the early stages but once they have really running I think they could just fly with this. Really finding that romantic quality will take it to the next level. I like the Finn Step on them. It almost looked like they had actually choreographed the step to the music. Good on Marina for that! For me, that's when it got really exciting.

:love::cry: Thank you!

It was interesting to see Igor sitting in the Kiss and Cry watching them skate and Marina a few feet in front of him standing at the boards.

I wonder if he was feeling nostalgic ...

samson

Medalist
Missed the first team representing Mexico. It looks like Tanith is their coach? They scored 35.58. Into 5th.

Now Aronow and Brubaker.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Is the Icenetwork feed working for anyone? All I get is a black screen that says it can't access the video right now...:bang:

samson

Medalist
Opened with Tessa and Scotts music - Nat Cole "Face The Music". Trouble in the step sequence. Nice skate, especially for having such short notice to compete.

It's funny hearing that music makes me think of Alex and Maia even more and their freeskate in 2011. I bet Finnstep is a good step for them.

samson

Medalist
Kwanatic I had trouble at first too. Have you tried leaving the page and relogging in? I had to do that before it would work for me.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Kwanatic I had trouble at first too. Have you tried leaving the page and relogging in? I had to do that before it would work for me.

Thanks! That worked! :)

I'm loving the Frank Sinatra!! :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Orford and Williams look great! They are definitely channeling D/W what that lift! I think they have a great shot at getting on the Olympic team. I really liked this SD for them. Also, much better dress. Purple looks good on her (just like Meryl. HAHA.)