2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah] | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah]

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Catching bits of performances and pictures. Agree with a lot of the comments so far.

Orford/Williams are definitely channeling Davis/White in terms of look. Love her purple dress, very effective color.

Miss both the French and the Shibs. Was not sure why the French were going to go up against so many strong teams at this time, anyway unless Igor thought it was going to be a good idea. Guess they backed down. Probably smart, but missing them here.

Igor seems to have teams from just about every ISU country. That's how politicians do it. Own the skaters, own the federation, own the judge.

I think the Finn Step style suits both Weaver/Poje well and they did a nice job with the 42nst Street theme. But hearing the Nat King Cole for Aranow/Brubaker only me think that the "champagne bubble" quality that the Shibs have, Maia especially, will work well for them this year.

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
Any result on SD?

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2013/68594/results.html

1 Meryl Davis Charlie White, USA 73.67
2 Kaitlyn Weaver Andrew Poje, CAN 62.61
3 Nicole Orford Thomas Williams, CAN 54.64
4 Penny Coomes Nicholas Buckland, GBR 53.97
5 Juliya Zlobina Aleksei Sitnikov, AZE 53.75
6 Lynn Kriengkrairut Logan Giulietti-Schmitt, USA 53.03
7 Isabella Tobias Stagniunas Deividas, LTU 48.17
8 Anastasia Cannuscio Colin McManus, USA 48.07
9 Justyna Polutowska Peter Gerber, POL 46.15
10 Allison Reed Vasili Rogov, ISR 45.23
11 Angelina Telegina Otar Japaridze, GEO 42.15
12 Federica Bernardi Christopher Mior, ITA 41.15
13 Alissandra Aronow Collin Brubaker, USA 38.01
14 Pilar Maekawa Leonardo Maekawa, MEX 35.58

flying camel

Medalist
Senior Ladies
Short Program
Live unofficial
Free Skate
Start time: Sep 13, 2:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time Venue: Salt Lake City Sports Complex Judge detail scores
Place
Start No. Name Score
1 8 Agnes Zawadzki, USA 56.27
2 6 Courtney Hicks, USA 54.80
3 7 Amelie Lacoste, CAN 50.94
4 2 Samantha Cesario, USA 47.91
5 5 Sandy Hoffmann, GER 44.31
6 1 Georgia Glastris, GRE 31.55
7 3 Danielle Montalbano, ISR 30.56
8 4 Brittany Lau, SIN 27.79
9 Chelsea Chiappa, HUN
10 Gracie Gold, USA
11 Crystal Kiang, TPE
12 Clara Peters, IRL
13 Dimitra Korri, GRE
14 Melanie Yuung-Hui Chang, TPE

Moment

Final Flight
Just watched Davis/White's short dance. They're still not topping Bollywood. I guess they never will.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched Davis/White's short dance. They're still not topping Bollywood. I guess they never will.

Bollywood is one of my favorites, too.

But this program is light and bubbly and chock full of charm. It also looks difficult.

Finnstep

Final Flight
Ladies SP results:

1 10 Gracie Gold, USA 58.49
2 8 Agnes Zawadzki, USA 56.27
3 6 Courtney Hicks, USA 54.80
4 7 Amelie Lacoste, CAN 50.94
5 2 Samantha Cesario, USA 47.91
6 5 Sandy Hoffmann, GER 44.31
7 14 Melanie Yuung-Hui Chang, TPE 41.62
8 11 Crystal Kiang, TPE 33.73
9 9 Chelsea Chiappa, HUN 32.77
10 1 Georgia Glastris, GRE 31.55
11 13 Dimitra Korri, GRE 31.36
12 3 Danielle Montalbano, ISR 30.56
13 12 Clara Peters, IRL 29.86
14 4 Brittany Lau, SIN 27.79

bramweld

Record Breaker
I likie D/W well done. W/P looked a bit uncomfortable. But I'd really like to see C/L take on 42 nd street, W/P's looked a bit empty in parts and not very difficult. Really missed seeing the Shibs and P/B. Looking at what we've seen thus far I don't really understand why B/S changed their SD, I thought all it needed was time and maybe better transitions.

Selene

On the Ice
Men's results:

1. Aaron
2. Carriere
3. Farris

Pairs results:
1. Moore-Towers/Moskovitch
2. Denney/Coughlin
3. Kayne/O'Shea

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Pairs was a very good competition; really excellent for this time of year. Moore-Towers/Moskovitch had a well-deserved win with smooth and powerful transitions in and out of the elements. Denny/Coughlin were clean with a great come back. Kayne/O'Shea - may she always do ballet (Don Quixote). The opening is brilliant and the closing really good. They had a very good skate with one fall on a throw.

I am very happy to have seen Davis/White live as a beginning to this season. As I looked at the videos from practice, the dynamics of the lifts just didn't appear as wonderful as they do in person. Because I have seen them live, I think I will have an easier time translating future video into how wonderful the dance actually is.

Men's competition was really ragged. Nobody had a wonderful skate with the possible exception of Christopher Caluza, who was thrilled with his skate. The ladies short was also a bit on the underdone side - expected being so early in the season.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
The three men's competition medalists all seemed to be channeling their outer Evan Lysacek in the absence of Evan Lysacek.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/3W3NOgVcPkd/International+Figure+Skating+Classic/_VDmrmpj5td

In other news, here are the current photos of the rest of the event: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/3W3NOgVcPkd/International+Figure+Skating+Classic/browse

ETA - Miss Courtney Hicks, please make up your mind about how you're going to wear your skating tights. Either stuff them in your boots or wear them completely over the boots. Don't do things halfway!​