2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah] | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic: Sep 11-15 [Salt Lake City, Utah]

samba

On the Ice
Was Courtney assigned for any GP? For sure, USFS did not pick her for SA, if I recall right?

Icey

Record Breaker
Thx for the description, MF. Sorry to hear about flopping. Meanwhile, I forgot to note above that Max's hair looked pretty much the same at Champs Camp, and FWIW, the scrutiny of USFS officials there did not lead him to change it. Wish that I could see his SLC programs ...

Max's hair reminded me of Sassoon cuts from decades ago (somewhat asymmetric in his case). With the overarched and too dark eyebrows, it's just not a good look. Does he dye his eyebrows? Looks like he does to me. No problem with men doing that, but his are just too dark and that emphasizes the arching.

Icey

Record Breaker
Wow. Gracie landed only three triples--and doubled/singled the rest. :no:

As I said before I believe this is going to be a difficult year for Gracie. If others step up to the plate, she might be in trouble.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Was Courtney assigned for any GP? For sure, USFS did not pick her for SA, if I recall right?

None. But I thought Samantha had a very respectable showing here to show she deserved her assignments. I hope Courtney gets a Senior B and completely kick butt, ala Max Aaron.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As I said before I believe this is going to be a difficult year for Gracie. If others step up to the plate, she might be in trouble.

Okay, let's be reminded that she also did poorly in several competitions last season too... and ended up in the top 6 in the World... so...one competition, especially and early-season one, isn't necessary an indicator of how the entire year will go. There's still a lot of this season left.

Maybe next year they can assign her to a different Senior B. :p

samba

On the Ice
I thought Samantha got another GP, she has 2 GP's including SA. I wish they, Samantha and Courtney, got one each, spread the wealth.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought Samantha got another GP, she has 2 GP's including SA. I wish they, Samantha and Courtney, got one each, spread the wealth.

Me too, but I think Samantha only got TEB because someone withdrew.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Can we stick a fork or 10 into Agnes. That girl is DONE DONE DONE. Hang her skates. Why are we wasting so much time on this girl?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Gracie is semi-done. She's reminds me of Agnes. Big jumps, decent junior success, but so inconsistent. Hopefully the US fed doesn't inflate her scores to make sure she's on the team. She should be off the team if she skates like this or even better in Jan.

They gave her the same P/E as Courtney, what a freaking joke!
Better CH? Better IN? What the eff! Her program component, save SS, should be in the 4s. Does she know what she's skating to? Does she even hear the music? It's weird those Gracie apologists are already out trying to redeem 3 triples out 7 for a girl who's only good at doing triples.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is semi-done. She's reminds me of Agnes. Big jumps, decent junior success, but so inconsistent. Hopefully the US fed doesn't inflate her scores to make sure she's on the team. She should be off the team if she skates like this or even better in Jan.

They gave her the same P/E as Courtney, what a freaking joke!
Better CH? Better IN? What the eff! Her program component, save SS, should be in the 4s. Does she know what she's skating to? Does she even hear the music? It's weird those Gracie apologists are already out trying to redeem 3 triples out 7 for a girl who's only good at doing triples.

Gracie is semi-done? Gracie started off slow last season then made the World team after one of the best LP's ever at Nationals technically and finished 6th then was 3rd at the WTT which is more then Agnes has ever done as a Senior. The girl is in the middle of a coaching change give her some time. As for Courtney i like her big jumps and her personality on the ice but she is the one who needs to improve her all around skating because besides her jumps she needs major work on everything else lines posture etc etc.

Go Courtney! :rock:

Go Grant Hochstein! :rock:

As for Max, one of the things we liked about him last year is that he didn't have a stupid haircut. Oh well.

samba

On the Ice

That's not going to happen. USFS has made up their mind who they wanted to send to Olympic and promoted those skaters like crazy. Courtney, the winner, was not under their radar, she wasn't part of the champ camp and Olympic promo. Gracie, Agnes are the ones they would like to promote.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That's not going to happen. USFS has made up their mind who they wanted to send to Olympic and promoted those skaters like crazy. Courtney, the winner, was not under their radar, she wasn't part of the champ camp and Olympic promo. Gracie, Agnes are the ones they would like to promote.
Nonsense. If Gracie bombs like this at Nationals she's not making the team. On the other hand how does Courtney Hicks not have GP event this year? At the very least Cesario should have only one GP and Hicks should have been given the other one.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Nonsense. If Gracie bombs like this at Nationals she's not making the team. On the other hand how does Courtney Hicks not have GP event this year? At the very least Cesario should have only one GP and Hicks should have been given the other one.

Have you seen her PCS here? Have you seen her programs? Highest PCS for crap programs? Highest IN, highest P/E, highest CH.
If she bombs like this, mark my words, someone else will pay for her mistakes. Be it alissa or courtney or angela or caroline or any of the sad girls the us fed hate.

Open your eyes and see the score. Writing is on the wall for the rest of the ladies. Gracie is locked for the team. Even with the worst packaging since surya bonaly.

This is ********. I hate us fed.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Let me reminder you all that Max Aaron had no GP events before he won nationals. And they left Jeremy off the team.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have live feedback from the dance competition?

Really wanting to know how it's going.

I can see the updated results on IN, but I want (need) more!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Let me reminder you all that Max Aaron had no GP events before he won nationals. And they left Jeremy off the team.

apple and orange.
jeremy was on the way out. The us fed was never that keen on him.
The us fed loves gracie.

Remind yourself why you are defending a jumper who just did 3 triples in a 7 triples program.
For someone else whose programs are captivating, it might be ok. FOR A JUMPER? 3 TRIPLES?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
K/GS have leapfrogged two teams in the FD, and look like they'll finish 4th. That's not too bad... some movement has occurred.